Red Light Therapy

Just wondering if anyone has tried it for chronic pain and inflammation, even for anti-aging or over all health purposes ? Would you share your experience, please? I'm doing a lot of research on it myself, and plan on asking my chiro and derm what they know, but if someone has tried it, I'd to know your thoughts on its effectiveness. Thanks so much!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '20

what about a very high-powered laser at a PT office or chiro's office.

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '20

What I understand about laser therapy (red light) is that it stimulates circulation thereby improving the speed of healing. We used this at the vet when our pup had knee surgery to promote healing. This type of therapy has actually been around for years to promote incision healing. Although I don't believe widely recognized until more recently.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jan '20

Is this the same as cold laser therapy? If so, I went to a chiropractor who used it on me to help me quit smoking and here we are almost 7 years later and I’m still a quitter!
I highly recommend it if you want to quit smoking!

H-Town Mama H-Town Mama
Jan '20

I have been using the red light therapy everyday for 9 months and it helps many different things. It does work for pain and swelling expecially. This is one thing I would recommend for people to try. I know I will keep doing it for my many conditions I have because I notice a change.

Manders
Jan '20

@manders thanks for sharing!

@H-Town not the same thing, but yay for you!! :)

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '20

I have been going to Beach Body Tanning, on 57 across from the Walmart, for Red light therapy. They have one bed there you lay in.
I wanted to try it for a couple different reasons.
Whatever your reasons are, all I can say is I love it!
It made me feel calm, safe, warm. My skin felt better. My mind felt better. I can’t explain it but it was some what addicting, in a good way.
I would say give it a try for at least 3 times and you should know if it helps you in anyway.
Good luck.

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Jan '20

Thanks, that's where I was thinking of doing it too

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jan '20

Manders,

I have been thinking about using Red Light Therapy to reduce the swelling in my knee. I was wondering if you used in in conjunction with another treatment or you have used Red Light Therapy exclusively? I am a very skeptical person by nature and it seems almost too good to be true. I understand the premise of increased blood flow to aid in the healing of soft tissue but wouldn’t an individual get similar results by alternating heat and ice treatments? I do see a perceived benefit of relaxation during the treatment period but I don’t know if the cost would justify the benefit. I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Hot under the collar
Feb '20

might this help with nephropathy?

LivingLifeLovingLife:

A Tanning salon? I’m interested for a shoulder strain that won’t get better.

Does this tan you?

What is the cost?

Really??? Really???
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.