Road Closures 12/4

I need to get to Blairstown in a few hours. Since I can’t get onto 80W from 517, was planning to go 46 West to Hope Rd (down Jenny Jump) into Hope, then Mt. Hermon Rd. Does anyone know if any road closures along that route? Thank you.

lifeistooshort lifeistooshort
Dec '19

I went through Hope yesterday, but I am not sure of the road names. Ii turned at the light by the QC in White Township and filled that straight to 94 and it was fine. Hope that helps.

Mel81 Mel81
Dec '19

Thank you. I can report no closures on Jenny Jump into Hope. It was like a winter wonderland! Beautiful! But a bit tense with huge clumps of snow falling off branches.

Dec '19

Glad to hear. It is refreshing after a few rough days to have more and more roads opening! My drive everywhere has been lengthened! Will be nice when t is back to normal!

Mel81 Mel81
Dec '19

Doesn’t get an all clear and opts to cross Jenny Jump. Pretty funny.

Reminds me of returning on my honeymoon in a pretty good snow storm from VT and opting against 287 and 80 and going for the short cut over High Point. I was new to the area..... Not too bad though. They take extra care of those hills.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '19

The backside of High Point could be a decent ski slope in itself. They get plenty of accidents there even though it is well taken care of.

I don't understand going all the way to Hope. When you can go 517 to H-town. Left at QC (Bilby Rd) Left on Willow Grove which turns into Waterloo Rd. Right at the Cross Rd. (don't know name) turn L on International Dr. poof Rt. 80. 15 to 20 minutes tops. Exit 25.

auntiel auntiel
Dec '19

auntiel, but she's going to Blairstown. Why would she go all that way in the opposite direction?

Actually, the mind clouds and it was the year or two following the skiing Honeymoon with a first-timer wife. Yeah, I am that ski crazy....risk the marriage for one more downhill. So not the Honeymoon. Or ---- my Irish sides says ---- it's all been a Honeymoon.... Nonetheless, not one of my smarter moves since back then, no cell phones, no gps, pretty much a man, a woman, a Ford Ranger truck, the Explorer version (guess I was somewhat ahead of my time) and a lot of freakin luck!!!

To me, the fastest/easiest way is 46 to Great Meadows, Hope/Great Meadows Rd to Hope, then Mt. Herman to 94 to Blairstown. Might do some wiggles at the end depending on whether North or South side of town but Mt. Herman seems to easy way to roll.

Even if 80 was open, I would be heading that way.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '19

The southbound ramp to 80 west was always open...you just needed to turn around in allamuchy and go south on 517...you could also just make a illegal uturn at the barricade...after they cleared the wires by panther valley

Bug3
Dec '19

StrangerDanger - That’s exactly the route I took and posted about and it was clear sailing.

I didn’t know southbound ramp to 80 West was open, that other post made my head spin trying to figure out whether I could get on 80 W or not.

Thanks all.

Dec '19

MB- Sorry I thought she was going East. Is PV allowing its residents to use the back entrance.

auntiel auntiel
Dec '19

I normally turn left after 80 off of 517 (by the Shell....sorry I am a landmark and not road name person), follow that to the stop and make left. Hat takes me to 94 where and I turn left and follow that to Blairstown. Of course, I couldn't get that far up on 517 to make that turn so I tried an alternate route that I thought might be safe and clear with few side roads.

Mel81 Mel81
Dec '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.