Old Herbies in Great Meadows

Looks like its opening up again...saw a sign on the window

Bug3
Nov '19

There is a business sign hung above the window..looks like kck

Bug3
Nov '19

Amazing fried chicken restaurant coming soon .

stephen stephen
Nov '19

Interesting. Nice to see the place occupied again.

Hmmmm, weren't we just talking about fried chicken?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

I have been wondering what was going on there since I pass by every day and seen ppl working on it

Superchefsgirl Superchefsgirl
Nov '19

Nice to know it will not be staying empty!

Mrs. Pipes```` Mrs. Pipes````
Nov '19

That’s amazing.

Hope they have soft serve in the summer.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '19

Didn't the roadside BBQ guy hole up in there for awhile? What happened?

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

Sign says KCK Catering. Looks good... www.kckcatering.com/menu/

I miss the bbq joint

As long as their product isn’t something that needs an outdoors cooking type setup- like the bbq smokers that Beyers BBQ had to use- that will not limit them to being a seasonal business.

Quite simply-Beyers couldn’t make enough in the winter months to keep the doors open anymore.

A place that restores somewhat of what Herbies was doing- can probably stay open and make a small profit.

If they cater on the side- more chance for success.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Nov '19

"Quite simply-Beyers couldn’t make enough in the winter months to keep the doors open anymore."

Is that true? The BBQ guy across from Toyota on Rt 31 seems to be rocking and rolling for several years now.

If memory serves- the bbq guy at Beyers had a school admin day job and did the parking lot thing on the side weekends to start. Kinda hard to make that jump into a building unless you are financially stable and go all in.

Beyers was never open in the winter

Bug3
Nov '19

They had to pay rent on a building in the winter they were making no incoming income with the business in the winter- to clarify. Drained their resources to stay open.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Nov '19

@ Josh...The guy that serves BBQ on Route 31 - his business is called The Real Deal is a sleeper place. His establishment has been mentioned several times on New Jersey.com. And if you are driving too quickly you can easily pass it. It is operated out of a red trailer and I cannot believe more people don’t know about him. His barbecue is outstanding.

I recently question him why he only opened for limited hours (Thurs - Sat 11:00-6:00 or until he is sold out) He told me that site is only a small compliment to his business. He makes far more money catering.

If you’re ever in the area and are craving barbecue I strongly recommend it.

TheSoundGuy TheSoundGuy
Nov '19

KCK needs a licensed kitchen to operate as a caterer. I wonder if the will have service on Rt 46? Locals say a decent quick breakfast menu and coffee would be popular in the AM.

Timmy
Nov '19

Haha. Maybe because of all the recent news about Disney launching their own streaming service, but I thought this thread was going to be about an antique VW car show or something of that nature.

Monty Monty
Nov '19

They want a mortgage on the business/building but not selling the land. Who would do that?

That's why nobody goes in there - who would buy a business but not buy the land it sits on?

Chicken fried idiots...so what does the owner of the land lose...nothing.
It's a scam. imo

They wont make it.

ru

That's the way it was in Hawaii (on Oahu, at least) when we lived there in the early 70's. You could own a house but you didn't own the land it stood on. There was some kind of weird leasing agreement that went with the house purchase. They changed that in later years and of course house prices went up, since you could now own the land your house stood on.

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '19

Or in WV coal country where you can own the house and the land but someone else owns the mining rights under your land.

Nov '19

" who would buy a business but not buy the land it sits on?"

Tons of businesses don't own the land they sit on. Most of them, I would imagine.

Monty Monty
Nov '19

Mcdonalds only leases land......

Bug3
Nov '19

Correct you are Monty.

Stymie Stymie
Nov '19

This agreement is similar to China where in general the government owns all of the land and you can lease for 70 years.

No ijay...its like mcdonalds and burger king and any other fast food restaurant...the government owns nothing...the private land owner makes out

Bug3
Nov '19

Bug - I think Jay was responding to Phil's post about Hawaii.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Possibly as a result of all the ongoing news about Disney propelling their own gushing assistance, however I thought this string would have been about an antique VW vehicle show or something of that nature.

I think they have a cure for Herbies now. No longer the scourge it used to be.

Jan '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.