WHITE SWAN spotted at the fish hatchery!!!

WHITE SWAN spotted at the fish hatchery!!!

Hooray!!!! There is another white swan at the fish hatchery!!! Unfortunately it was being chased by a few loose dogs as the owners stood by!!!

Wow - it's back? after the female died months ago the male was nowhere to be seen........

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '19

It’s back but probably not for long with the loose dogs

Nj -take the owners picture next time and post here.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Nov '19

I just commented on a post about loose dogs and the law needing to be enforced. Such a shame. Not only for people but for wildlife. SMH.

MommyNJ4 MommyNJ4
Nov '19

Re: WHITE SWAN spotted at the fish hatchery!!!

I took photos of the plates and called the cops. Cops came, I gave them the low down and he pulled over to talk to them. I left. Not sure what the cops did, but I was so pissed seeing those dogs swim back and forth as that poor swan honked and swan to get away.

Where are talking about? Over by Kenwood housing development off Rt #57.

Bernie Bernie
Nov '19

Its the fish hatchery off Willow Grove, the entrance is across the street from Napa Auto Parts and Lodi Welding.

Re: WHITE SWAN spotted at the fish hatchery!!!

Looking good ....

Unfortunately from the picture, the orange bill seems to indicate that it's a "Mute Swan", rather than a Migrating "Tundra Swan" which apparently winters in South Jersey. The Mute Swan is considered an Invasive Species, being imported mostly in the 1800's for the estates of rich people. Swans are beautiful, but they're also one of the largest, if not the largest birds and can beat the stink out of most others!

They were removed from protected status and as such those people lucked out, and can likely only be cited for violation of leash laws. If it was a Black-billed Tundra Swan that was on its way to South Jersey or figured this was south enough, then they could be really screwed, whether they knew it or not. Allowing your dog(s) to harass migratory waterfowl IS illegal.

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '19

I wonder if this might be the same couple that stoned the lady swan in the first place! People just suck!

Just A Neighbor
Nov '19

Thanks Phil D

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.