Thanksgiving buffet

Other than Perona Farms or Long Valley Pub, does anyone know of any places that are having Thanksgiving brunch or dinner?

Doreen
Nov '19

Harker's Hollow Golf Course.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Matars usually has a good spread. They book fast and do not even advertise

exphysics teacher
Nov '19

Calandra's Mediterranean Grill in Fairfield, McCloone's Boathouse West Orange, Morris Tap & Grill Randolph, Pantagis Renaissance Scotch Plains, Bernards Inn Bernardsville, Randolph Diner Randolph

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Nov '19

I'll add Architect's Golf Course and the Ryland Inn to the list... but neither are "buffets", if that's really what you're looking for.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

Mattars is not a buffet but is excellent

htownguy htownguy
Nov '19

Black Forest Inn is a another great choice but not a buffet. It's noon to 8PM.

The best in the area.

https://www.stroudsmoor.com/event-or-holiday/

ooo, that DOES look good, ru.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

ianimal - My experiences there is that it's not as good as the pictures. By no means is it bad, it's good. But I can't say I think it's worth the price.

$43.95? Yikes! Not worth if for me, as I can only eat about $10.95 worth of food. LOL

We will be at Gateway Lodge for Thanksgiving. The buffet is included in our two night stay. Definitely not local. ;-)

https://gatewaylodge.com

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

I can eat $43.95 worth of shrimp alone, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

Hi, Clinton Station Diner has Thanksgiving Dinner . Call them for details.

Holy smokes. That's $43.95 plus tax and gratuity. That's a LOT of money per person. (plus, no leftovers for the week)

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

It's cheaper than Perona Farms for Thanksgiving at $50. But I don't think it's as good.

Throw in that tax and gratuity, which is be a lot considering people have to work holidays so others can enjoy their meals worry-free - and it's a LOT. I couldn't justify 70 bucks to eat total on any day. LOL. I enjoy having leftovers also. I also love not being rushed to turn a table over.

DogDayAfternoon
Nov '19

Randolph Diner does one too, I think it’s $34.95 per person but not positive on that.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '19

Is Anita doing her annual Thanksgiving dinner at Marley's?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '19

Yes, there will be a free Thanksgiving meal at Marley's again. It's on the HL calendar.

There will be a free buffet at Trinity Church, Hours are 12-2:30

Clinton Station Diner I believe is $25 pp.

The Bernards Inn is having a Thanksgiving Buffet...

https://www.bernardsinn.com/inn-events/53-inn-events/466-thanksgiving

Adults - $69.00
Children 6-12 - $35.00
Children 5 and under $15.00

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

LMAO no thanks.... Is the turkey laced with gold ianimal?

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

At least they are serving green bean casserole at the $69/pp buffet. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

My family always goes to Lafayette House. They have a GREAT buffet. Prices are reasonable and no clean-up!

Jenn M Jenn M
Nov '19

Black River Barn is 29.95 for family style and their other location Rockaway Barn is buffet for the same price.. The menus are on their website.

Christine Brennan Christine Brennan
Nov '19

We went to Black River Barn for Thanksgiving one year. IIRC, they charged us $2 for every individual soda on top of that $29.95 (or whatever it cost at the time... this was probably 15 years ago).

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

We went to Black River Barn last year. It's not even carved turkey there. Some kind of sliced crap. Wasn't impressed with the food.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

Metsman they do turkey breast which is a lot easier to cut and put on the buffet..
ianimal the menu says coffee and tea but if you order a pitcher of soda I’m sure it is a lot cheaper..

Long Valley Brew Pub is 32.00 for adults and 14.00 for children for their buffet. Menu is on their website..

Nov '19

It doesn't taste the same. I made a better meal 2 days later when I had family over.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

Christine, it's the only place I've ever been to that didn't include "soft drinks" as part of the per person charge for a buffet. Plus, it wasn't specifically communicated that it was "extra", which I found to be a bit shady. We've never been back.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

"My family always goes to Lafayette House. They have a GREAT buffet. Prices are reasonable and no clean-up!"

Jenn M at $45 a head...i don't think soooo!! LOL

https://www.thelafayettehouse.com/events.html

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Nov '19

Marley’s is having a free Thanksgiving feast..'

Nov '19

Does anyone know if theres a place in the Ledgewood area serving free Thanksgiving meal?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '19

We're trying the Randolph Diner this year. $30 a person.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

tk,s mount bethel pa. turkey ,roast beef,ham buffet desert $20.00 per person

farm boy farm boy
Nov '19

BBU, can the person make it over to Marleys? If not I’d be more than happy to give a lift. I will be in the area anyway around 2 pm. Let me know

Positive Positive
Nov '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.