Rumor of Chick Fil A opening In Hackettstown?

I heard this rumor a while back that a Chick Fil A was going to open somewhere in Hackettstown. Did anything ever come of this or was this just a lie? Because KFC is just grabage.

Richy Richy
Nov '19

Foolish, in my opinion to speculate over a rumor.

Go to the source:

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/news/future-openings

This was discussed before at the time KFC closed and is NOT Hackettstown:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/913056#t913118

I think all the rumors were it was going in the old Arby’s spot but that is not true. The Dunkin in that strip mall is moving to the Arby’s spot to have a drive thru.

Would be nice to have a chick fil a or Popeyes take over the KFC spot. That place has to be on its last breathe. Place is always empty. But nothing but rumors for now.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '19

Does anybody have a link about dunkin donuts and the old arbys spot?..It is not listed as rented on the Mansfield Commons real estate page...usually things show up there long before the actually exist

https://www.nrdc.com/properties/retail/mansfield-commons#!leasing-plan

Bug3
Nov '19

I think a Trader Joe's would be nice.
or
Whole Foods.

Chick Fil A = McDonalds without the beef.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '19

Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Chick fil A would never operate in Hackettstown due to the economic demographic. Just not enough fat wallets here folks. So enjoy the run down KFC. Or like everything else, go to Morris County!

Steve Steve
Nov '19

I don't know anything about Chic fil A, but for Trader Joe's and Whole Foods it is certainly about "fat wallets," but that's not the only consideration. Both chains have tried-and-true demographic profiles that must be met in order for them to open a store in a particular location. In addition to plain old money, they look for a certain percentage of the population to fall into a certain age group, education level, and other factors. If a location doesn't meet their requirements on those points, they will not even consider opening a store there. They know their customers, and they only go where their customers are.

Lately there has been some indication that Whole Foods may be changing their positioning on some of these considerations, at least to some degree. They have recently opened some stores in "under-served" locations, but these have tended to be in larger cities (Newark, for example).

Monty Monty
Nov '19

I'm still holding out hope for an Olive Garden......

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Is that like saying we are too old, stupid, and poor for Trader Joes? Welcome to Walmart country :-/. How’d we ever get Target?

Bring on those luxury apartments by Quichek; we need higher scale shopping!

Could be worse: look west in PA and it’s a TJ wasteland :-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '19

Calico, so you are looking for Italian that's worse than Mama's?

thaimaster1978 thaimaster1978
Nov '19

thaimaster - Of course not. It's a long running H'town Life joke. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

There's a whole foods down the street from Dorney Park in PA. You're telling me people in that area have fatter wallets than our area? Cmon...

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

Thank God Calico!! haha

thaimaster1978 thaimaster1978
Nov '19

One of the criteria for WF locations is the proximity to college campuses. They hire a lot of college students part-time.
Centenary will not meet those needs for student population in the area

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '19

The population of Allentown PA (where Dorney Park is located) is almost 13 times that of Hackettstown. Obviously I don't know the specifics of Whole Foods' demographic calculus, but there are a lot *more* wallets in Allentown.

Monty Monty
Nov '19

Allentown has a median household income of $32k. That's not fat wallets. Maybe more people, but their economic situations are drastically different than people here. Plus Hackettstown residents wouldn't be the only ones shopping there if we had one.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

College students are who they hire mostly.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '19

Allentown has some extremely affluent suburbs...

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

ianimal - And Dorney is specifically right in the heart of it between Cedar Crest and Wescosville.

Billy Joel knows Allentown!

They had some Bell Labs for awhile too, I think?

Nov '19

SD - Breinigsville, close to that area.

I work about 10 minutes from that Whole Foods in Allentown. There is a ton of money in that area. $1M plus homes easily.

More importantly, the area is filled with people who don't think $14.99 is an expensive price for an entree like we seem to have around here. Yes, there are those that will eat slop from places like the Brass Rail but there are also some very nice, high end restaurants. People are willing to spend money on food including Whole Foods and Wegmans.

emaxxman emaxxman
Nov '19

My cat wants a Trader Tunas

Or IHOT.

Or Tunabees

Or Tuna King, home on the Tunopper.

Remember, you can tune a piano, but you can’t tune a fish.

Nov '19

SD
There were no steel mills in Allentown...only Bethlehem....he named the song wrong lol

Bug3
Nov '19

So you can't live in Allentown and work in Bethlehem?

Billy knows Allentown, you didn't read the lyrics.....literally... Figuratively, you might be right, you might be wrong. It's art. I would print them here, but don't want to use up my lyrics chit on corrections :>)

Nowhere in the song does it say Steel MiIl in Allentown. Matter of fact, it says closing all the factories down.....literally. And it does mention Bethlehem too. All in the same verse. Literally.

Believe everything you read on the internet......after you check :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '19

"There were no steel mills in Allentown"

Look up Allentown Metal Works.

G.C. Allentown Metal works was about 17 acres....not really something to sing about...Bethlehem Steel employed thousands as in 10 thousand +

Bug3
Nov '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.