best fruit farm fresh apple pies

just tried a apple pie from best fruit farm,wow .they are now making apple pies from there own apple trees.talk about fresh.it does not get any better then from your own trees to apple pies made with your own apples.i just have to say it,they are not the best because they are the oldest,they are the oldest because they are the best.they have been growing there own fruits and veggies for a few generations now.that says a lot for a farm in new jersey.

Growing up in Monmouth County, Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck, NJ was always the "go to" for apple pies in that area. I'm so spoiled!

https://www.deliciousorchardsnj.com/

Thanks for the heads up! Look forward to trying Best's apple pies. I'm already a fan of their cider!

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Oct '19

Lots of best at Best this year. The broccoli and cauliflowers are humongous and even sweet. His grapes tomato's have been fantastic as have been the peaches and now apples. Had eggplants for $1, amazing. Very exceptional year.

Get it while you can; hard frost and a freeze a comin.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

Delicious Orchards is great was just there the other day. Their bakery section is incredible and I love their Cranberry/Apple Cider..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '19

Mackey's on Rt 519 is right up there with the best.

Mackeys very good. Bests very good. As is Donaldsons if you can stand the Long Vallley/schoolies crowd :-). But Windy Brow on 519 in Fredon/Newton has a baker and the goods is grand. Always pull by when in the area.

All three also seem to be run by nice folk. Always a good chat.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '19

Mel, can you tell us how much the pie was?

The pies at Mellick's Orchard in Oldwick are to die for as well.

Just an FYI that the Apple Festival at Peddler's Village is this weekend.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '19

Wow, check out the newly remodeled Best's Fruit Farm.
More of a sophisticated city-type feel rather than a country farm feel --- not sure that I like it, but it does look nice. They are still in the process of final remodeling -- so not finished yet.

happiest girl
Nov '20

Wow -had no idea they were remodeling!

I like the new remodel. They've added another cooler, and doing their best to make it easier to socially distance while you're browsing. Kudos to them!

summerrain1 summerrain1
Nov '20

Not done yet!

Sport
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.