Hackettstown PD asking for Votes for K9 Jada

The Hackettstown PD is asking for your vote daily until November 3rd for the Aftermath K9 Grant. Please see the link and info below

https://wrnjradio.com/hackettstown-police-seek-votes-for-aftermath-k-9-grant/

K9 Jada K9 Jada
Oct '19

Voted today and will vote daily until the 3rd

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Oct '19

Thank you for the supporting!

K9 Jada K9 Jada
Oct '19

Voted. Go Jada and Chris!

Jim L Jim L
Oct '19

Voted. Good Luck!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '19

Voted and will pass along the link! Good luck!

D's 4
Oct '19

Voted

Are you allowed to vote if you don't live in H'town? ;-) I voted!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Same here Calico! I think it went through and they didn't ask where I live. Besides, I work in Hackettstown so I figured it was close enough!

Mel81 Mel81
Oct '19

Voted! Love Jada and Officer Laver!

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Oct '19

I voted

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '19

@calico yes you can vote nationwide! Daily until 11/03 thanks so much for the support.

K9 Jada K9 Jada
Oct '19

Voted again and shared on Facebook!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

I voted again this morning as well.

Funny this thread came along. This past weekend I just came across the tee shirt I received during the initial fundraising efforts prior to Jada joining the force. It was a bit snug but since I shaved 33 pounds this summer, It fits like a glove now! LOL.

Voted today
any way to get this link up on facebook to share - I would but don't know how to

marjon marjon
Oct '19

marjon

If you're posting from a computer, you can right-click on the link above. When the box appears, go down to "copy link location" and left-click on that.

Then go to your facebook page where you'd normally make an entry and type in what you wish to say about the link urging people to vote, hit the space bar a few times to move the cursor away from your typed text, then right-click on the flashing bar/cursor.

This time when the box appears go to the line that says "paste" and left-click on that. The link should appear and you should then be able to hit "enter" and have your post appear, complete with the link.\

I hope this helped and was easy to follow.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '19

Voting daily... . the numbers are getting up there!

rleaf rleaf
Oct '19

K9 Jada and partner ;) Thank you for all you do! I must add that Jadas so darn cute it be worth a search just to snuggle her up!........Partner too! lol

littlelu littlelu
Oct '19

It looks as if Jada is running neck and neck for the top spot with a K9 department in Honesdale, Pa.

I'm in. But don't snuggle the work dog. That's puppy abuse!

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

I looks as if Jada is in the lead! However Carbondale Pa. is just 100 votes or so behind. Keep on voting.

I keep hitting "Vote" every day. I do feel bad for some of the dogs and their partners that have such a low vote turnout, such as the one from Virginia. Such an awesome looking Lab, looks like my last dog:-(

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '19

Bump.

Another vote registered. Keep em coming.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

Voted

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Oct '19

yup voting every day

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '19

Bumpity Bump Bump

Voting still going on!

We're in the lead, but Carbondale and Honesdale in PA are still breathing down our collective necks!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '19

Ty 4 the bumpity bump. I almost forgot.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '19

I voted this morning and just got the Hubby to vote now. Will vote again tomorrow.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Do we know if the winners are by region or the total in the US overall?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '19

Winners are the top 7 National vote getters

Jim L Jim L
Oct '19

Thank you Jim L..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '19

In the lead by just 611 votes. Keep them coming!!

612 now! Ty for the bumb.

Oct '19

Voted!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

OK, I don't know what happened, but perhaps because the original link on WRNJ is a week old, but it doesn't work for me anymore.

Here's a new, direct link to the MidAtlantic 2019 voting page so we can keep voting:

https://www.aftermath.com/k9-grant-mid-atlantic-2019

You'll have to use the arrows to scroll through to find K9 Jada and click on their box to vote, but at least we can keep voting!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '19

Voted! We love Jada!

Voted! I didn't see the vote total today as I have on other days. Odd.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

https://woobox.com/ss9mo8/gallery/Bzl-wpHDFWY

Here's the short cut to go straight to Jada. Keep the votes coming. Top 7 in the Nation get the grant.

Jim L Jim L
Oct '19

Voted.....giving a bump!

Mel81 Mel81
Nov '19

Today is the last day for voting.

I've noticed the last few days that the vote tally is no longer visible. I guess we will find out the results on the 6th.

Voted! Where can we see the totals? I'm not seeing them.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Calico- The first several days of voting the total votes for each department was shown in the bottom left of each photo. They were there until Wednesday or Thursday then seem to have disappeared.

done done and done again

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '19

Yay!
https://wrnjradio.com/hackettstown-police-department-k-9-unit-awarded-aftermath-services-k-9-grant/

Mel81 Mel81
Nov '19

Where’s my $2.27 for helping :-)

Congrats and great work anonymous team!

Nov '19

So happy to hear H'town got the grant!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

Happy for Jada. I voted for the dog.. Now please tell me what's the purpose of the dog?

Pampurr Pampurr
Nov '19

Pampurr - The same purpose as any other K9 officer.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

pam if you really are interested in knowing the purpose of Jada you can read up on some of her success stories in this article:

https://www.njherald.com/news/20191029/hackettstown-pds-k-9-in-running-for-grant

She has been a value asset to the town.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '19

Terribly sad to hear of Jada's unexpected death last night. Heartbreaking.

Condolences to officer Laver and the entire Hackettstown police force on the loss.

Re: Hackettstown PD asking for Votes for K9 Jada

It was an incredible coincidence this morning at 5 a.m. as this was the T-shirt I decided to wear today. I was really shaken when I read the news at 900AM knowing I happened to choose this particular shirt today.

K9 suffers medical emergency on duty, dies after being rushed to vet, police say
Hackettstown police K9 Jada suffered a medical emergency while on duty on Wednesday and died after being rushed to a veterinary clinic, the department announced on Facebook. The Belgian Malinois was 5 years old. She joined the department on July 1...
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2020/08/k9-suffers-medical-emergency-on-duty-dies-after-being-rushed-to-vet-police-say.html

Bug3
Aug '20

RIP K9 Jada ❤️

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Aug '20

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. RIP Jada and condolences Officer Laver and the entire HPD.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '20

Very unfortunate. Does anyone know what the medical emergency was?

Iampc Iampc
Aug '20

That hurts, so sorry for your loss HPD, never forget the positives, it helps immensely!!

john l montgomery john l montgomery
Aug '20

My condolences to Officer Laver and family and the Hackettstown PD. RIP Jada - sad you passed so young, run free now on The Rainbow Bridge.

NJatHeart NJatHeart
Aug '20

From HPD

"A memorial service for K9 Jada will be held on Monday, August 31, at 10:00 a.m. at the Hackettstown Police Department (215 West Stiger St).

K9 Jada was working Wednesday, August 19 when she suffered a medical emergency. Jada was rushed to a veterinary clinic where she passed in the company of her handler Officer Christopher Laver.

The procession will leave Newton Veterinary Hospital at 9:00 a.m., traveling south on Route 206, right onto Greendale Road (Route 611), which turns into Wolfs Corner Road (Route 611), left onto Kennedy Road (Route 611), Right onto Route 517, left onto Bilby Road (Route 665), right onto Willow Grove Street (Route 604), right onto Main Street (Route 46), left onto Valentine St, right onto Beatty St, and right onto West Stiger St to the Hackettstown Police Department.

Members of the community are invited to attend the service, or they can pay their respects to Jada along the procession route. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, anyone attending is asked to wear a face covering if your unable to follow social distancing guidelines.

Any first responder agencies who are planning to attend the service should contact Sgt. Darren Tynan at 908-852-3302 or dtynan@hackettstownpd.net."

Jrsemom Jrsemom
Aug '20

I know it's really none of our business, but I wish they would say what kind of "medical emergency" caused this beautiful young dog to pass so quickly.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Aug '20

I know it's really none of our business, but I wish they would say what kind of "medical emergency" caused this beautiful young dog to pass so quickly.

@ Lonesome Dove: It’s fine to ask and want to know. Info from other sources known to the family, Jada suffered from a cardiac related issue and there was nothing that could have been done. The vet doctors confirmed there was no other medical issues and or contributing factors to her unfortunate passing. She passed quickly while on duty and The Officer did his best to get her immediate medical attention.

K9JadaRip K9JadaRip
Aug '20

Thank you for responding. I feel great empathy for Jada's family & coworkers. My condolences. RIP dear Jada.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Aug '20

https://www-njherald-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.njherald.com/news/20200831/hundreds-honor-fallen-k-9-jada-at-hackettstown-memorial-service?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&template=ampart&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer= https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare= https%3A%2F%2Fwww.njherald.com%2Fnews%2F20200831%2Fhundreds-honor-fallen-k-9-jada-at-hackettstown-memorial-service

Another article about Jada's Memorial Monday.
Grab a tissue....

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.