Comcast 2019 Outage Thread

Winds are howling and lost Comcast internet about an hour ago in Oxford.

Anyone else?

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Oct '19

Ours is fine in Independence

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Oct '19

I dont think we need a thread for an outage that hasn't happened...but thats just me

Bug3
Oct '19

Fake outrage, I love it.

NJTROLL NJTROLL
Oct '19

An outage DID happen to Lenny Rock in Oxford.

Anyone else?

Hackresident Hackresident
Oct '19

I'm pretty sure the "Connected" app that Comcast offers will disclose of any outages.

Anyone having slow speeds this evening, especially on downloads? Upload speeds aren't terrible?

Route 46
Dec '19

Yes. Slow speeds for about a week now. Reboot fixes it for a few hours then degrades again. Same with you? I am a few miles down the road from the Comcast office in port murray

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '19

A reboot doesn't seem to solve the problem. Just started today...I wonder if it's storm related.

Route 46
Dec '19

We were having issues with Comcast for the past week. Intermittent internet and the channel couldn’t be changed without rebooting the box. Finally called and had a tech come this past Sunday. Had to replace a connection piece where it enters the house and also something at the pole.
We’re on the mountain in LV.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '19

My only complaint is the boxes get slow at times to where finding a show or movie to watch becomes a slow process.

Metsman Metsman
Dec '19

8/2/20. No Comcast internet since this morning. Independence Township

Consigliere
Aug '20

Anyone else? There was a lightning strike earlier this morning then an xfinity van 100 feet past my house a few hours later working on something. Also, the outage map says there’s an outage in the area but, of course, when I call customer service the Indian guy tell me there are no problems in the area and it must be my wiring. Made me schedule and appt for Tuesday. Very annoyed.

Consigliere
Aug '20

Does anybody have comcast working?... looks like they have 2500+ customer outage

Bug3
Aug '20

Consigliere -- call 1-800-391-3000. It's an automated response, it will know your account and location by your phone number. The automated answer I got was it would be restored at 10:31 this morning but I still have no comcast xfinity television.

happiest girl
Aug '20

My internet (Comcast Xfinity) is still out at 6:45 pm, anyone else?

Mine too. .

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '20

Just came back....reboot your router and modem

Bug3
Aug '20

The wife called at 3:00 pm, and the fake robot lady voice said by 10:15 pm.
I called from my cell phone, and the fake lady said 10:45 pm.
At 11:30 pm my wife called again, and the fake person said instantly.... tomorrow.

Now mind ya......that was with 35 different ( push for ## house # ) and Push 1 if in new jersey, and finally... we don't recognize your area code.

But boy, when they are ready to contact me to make sure I pay the monthly bill, they can communicate easily on the cell phones we have, the internet, and by the postal mail service with no problems at all.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '20

Embryodad

Everything you said, for sure. It would be nice if they had a phone number just for outages. You have to call just to have them ask you stupid questions. The fake lady voice won't respond to "report an outage", but then asks if you have a problem with TV or Internet and won't take "Both" for an answer. After it selected "internet" on its own, since it didn't like "both", then it told me that they were aware of an outage affecting my area and that their service was expected to be back at 11:31PM, which ended up being 7AM. Of course it went out again tonight for a while. Same phone issue today, of course.

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '20

When I had my initial problem (which was unrelated to the storm) I gave the call center person the ole “this is very inconvenient, I pay good money for this service, I’d like a credit” spiel to which she responded: We will credit the day for $3.26. Had I still had cable, I’m sure it would have been a whole $6 lol. It seems petty but it’s these little victories against Comcast that tamp down the anger a bit.

Consigliere
Aug '20

Ask for agent...that gets a live person

Bug3
Aug '20

If the cable that services your house is impacted by damage that occurred from the storm you will be restored when the power company fixes that pole. The cable company can’t come in to do work until power company completes their work. They are last in line after pole and power is deemed safe.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Aug '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.