Ghost Train at Centenary

Thinking about going to see it this coming weekend....anyone see it yet?

Breathe.. Breathe..
Oct '19

Thinking about going tomorrow. I'll let you know if I see it.

eperot eperot
Oct '19

Sounds interesting, I’m in but not till next weekend.

Did anyone take advantage of the Flash Sale: got ten bucks off a future show.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '19

Very enjoyable and fun show. The set was great in design and execution and the actors were all good. Glad to have such a theater in the neighborhood.

eperot eperot
Oct '19

wondering how the sound was...................saw something last year and it was very difficult to understand what the actors were saying - partly they were trying to use british accents and partly they were not miked............yes I asked the much younger folk sitting next to us and they had the same problem--

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '19

Is this show suitable for an 11 year old boy??

I could hear the dialogue well, and yes, it would be fine for an 11 year old. Now if he'd be interested, that's anyone's guess.

eperot eperot
Oct '19

Thanks Eperot. I'll summerize my grandson;s review on Sunday.

Review by an 11 year old - Too long; should have ended at the 4 minute pause; not enough action. over all a thumbs down.
And the worst thing was that Dairy Queen was closed after the show!

Just as l suspected. And how about a grandparent review?;)

Eperot Eperot
Oct '19

It was not as good as others IMO. Actors fine, staging nice, could hear even the British accent, the material was just not fantastic. Good but not great. And yeah, kids good, he’s right IMO, needed to be tightened up. I think he’s got the eye, hope he tries again. Even if actors timing, etc was improved to beyond perfect, the material just wouldn’t let it get much better. It wasn’t dated either. Still had a great time, would do it again, and if it wasn’t for that fidgety kid in front of me ;-). There were a number of kids, that’s great. Funny thing, people were laughing all over the place; I just could not see it. My date loved it and couldn’t stop laughing. I did jump once, that’s a plus

Next time it’s “Ten below average height original American persons” instead; that’s always a good one for this season.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '19

Agree with Sta.... D... Show was OK, My grandson is not fidgety! Last sentence was beyond my ken, And Dairy Queen was closed.

they have renamed the archetype comedy/suspense/thriller Ten Little Indians to be politically correct: changed the Indians.....Not as comedic though.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

Thank you, Stranger. I rad that about 40 years ago - must have slipped my mind.

Yeah, pretty amazing journey --- the original featured a minstrel song as the background and was named Ten Little n-words for the UK where it was introduced. Then, And Then There Were None but Christie knew that someone had to live so two characters make it though. When it his the US in 1939, it was Ten Little Indians because even then the UK name was offensive. So we went with our American poem and stereotypes. And today, back to And Then There were None.

And now you know the rest of the story......

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.