HVAC Recommendation for Nest

I don't think our Nest thermostat is the culprit-our heat won't work. I think we just realized it when the Nest wouldn't work right. At any rate, does anyone know a good, reasonable HVAC person that is also knowledgable with the nest thermostat?

Nicholas
Oct '19

American Air Circulation
973-897-1068

Bhavik Bhavik
Oct '19

I have a Nest and use TGM. By now I think most companies have seen them. You should be able to call just about anyone you'd like.

I would recommend Scott from Trinity Air. He's a local guy, very honest and reasonable. 908-938-7794.

Second for TGM. Trinity, Gallagher’s, and Scotty and Son are also good

RoadKingRider RoadKingRider
Oct '19

I don't have a fancy new thermostat- but at the end of the day aren't they just making and breaking a connection between 2 wires like any old thermostat?

I don't have a fancy new thermostat- but at the end of the day aren't they just making and breaking a connection between 2 wires like any old thermostat?

Yes. But they use solid state devices instead of electromechanical. Easy enough to troubleshoot though. More likely a bad thermocouple in the furnace.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Oct '19

Joe Olsen from Olsen Heating and Cooling just finished our conversion to natural gas and installed a new boiler and hot water tank. He did great work...got it done when he said he was going to, didn't leave a mess, and his price beat every other estimate we got by a significant amount.

Cluckcluckbaaaa Cluckcluckbaaaa
Oct '19

I ended up going with a company who were able to diagnose the problem as not being the furnace but the Nest itself. He was able to give me a workaround until I got a new Nest or decide what to do. But after doing a lot of research, many people have issues with the nest and how it draws power if it doesn't have a 5th "common" wire. I inherited the Nest when I bought this house in July. Long story short, I was able to do a simple rewire to fix the issue and now it works beautifully. I wish I would have tried to repair it before I had someone come out, but at least he was able to tell me it wasn't the furnace.

Nicholas
Oct '19

Was gonna say, the nest needs a minimum of 3 wires if using for heat only.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Oct '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.