Hackettstown/Mount Olive weekly

Anyone know why they folded? In this weeks edition it said it was the last, but didn't say why.

Thanks

Curious
Jan '09

I didn't know there was a Hackettstown/Mount Olive weekly... maybe that's why it folded?

Deep Thought Deep Thought Message Deep Thought
Jan '09

I heard that the paper is now monthly. Friend of mine is working for them.

Grahamcracker Grahamcracker Message Grahamcracker
Jan '09

anyone know where the thurs AM paper went? i havent received mine for 2 weeks!

Trish Trish Message Trish
Jan '09

North Jersey Media Group made the business decision to close the papers because they weren't making money. While there is a new monthly coming out in February called Hackettstown This Month, it isn't owned by North Jersey Media. It is an independent paper being published by MJ Media, LLC, who originally started TheWeekly News then sold it.

Thanks for your interest.

Trish Reynolds (former) editor, The Weekly News

Trish Reynolds Trish Reynolds Message Trish Reynolds
Feb '09

They did just switch to a monthly newspaper. My understanding is that the costs were higher than the income. its still out there though.

Nicole Nicole Message Nicole
Feb '09

The new monthly publication is not owned by the same company as The Weekly News was. It is something new. The Hackettstown Weekly News is not still out there.

Trish Reynolds (former) Editor, The Weekly News

Trish Reynolds
Feb '09

Received my new Hackettstown monthly paper today - looks good. Good luck with it - Trish Reynolds is very nice to work with.

Abby
Feb '09

Someone told me that Chris (former) ower, Hackettstow Life is involved with the new paper. Not sure if that is true.

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Feb '09

UCK- I thought Luigi was gone forever. My 12 year old can write better. I guess Hackettstown Monthly caters to the lowest common demoninator. Does anyone really think this person should be presenting the conversative point of view?

Htown rez
Feb '09

Abby, thanks for saying that, but at this point it looks like I am not going to be involved with the new Monthly.

Trish Reynolds Trish Reynolds Message Trish Reynolds
Feb '09

Did the Warren Reporter change delivery days? When I first moved here last year, it came every thursday morning. Now it comes on fridays. Not really a big deal, just wondering.

Seein the reality Seein the reality Message Seein the reality
Feb '09

Got it, monthly is better. That guy Luigi is a piece of work...

Jay Jay Message Jay
Feb '09

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.