Accident on 206 in Stanhope

Hello all,
I don't know how many of you get the Hackettstown PD text alerts, but I have received 2 today related to an accident investigation in Stanhope Boro. I don't typically get alerts from Hackettstown PD regarding other towns and the fact that it says "investigation" has me wondering. Is anybody aware of what may be going on? I am asking because I have several coworkers who live out that way and I want to be able to give them a head's up if there is something going on that they should know about.

Thank you,
Concerned Friend

Concerned Friend Concerned Friend
Sep '19

STANHOPE BORO: RT183/206 CLOSED DELL RD TO ACORN ST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. DUE TO ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION.

Byram
1 Rt. 206 ( Exxon Gas Station)
Pedestrian Struck w/CPR in progress Dump truck vs Young Pedestrian/Child

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
Sep '19

I think they expect 206 to be closed for awhile. I heard there was a fatality involved.

Cowgirl01 Cowgirl01
Sep '19

Another post stated that a mother and daughter were hit by a dump truck. It stated the daughter is deceased. I do not know if any of this is factual..

I passed the accident this morning, CPR was being performed on the child at the time.

Janelle Foster Janelle Foster
Sep '19

Awful just awful :(

maja2 maja2
Sep '19

The latest news12 report says it was a little boy who rode his plastic bike down his driveway and was struck by the passing truck. Very sad

Name17 Name17
Sep '19

It was a two year old toddler who was struck and killed. So sad
https://patch.com/new-jersey/hopatcong-sparta/s/gugyo/toddler-hit-dump-truck-north-jersey-dies-pd?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=hopatcong-sparta&fbclid=IwAR1QfAE1ZogeYkPlmS9gWmzBWG15pQkoStlxIl6pndFkRdHNYmuPU4yajXo

JB400 JB400
Sep '19

This is so sad. What's even worse is that besides losing their child, possibly in front of their eyes while trying to reach them, is that the parent present (if one was) would possibly be charged. I see nothing but more sadness, etc. coming out of this:-(

Obviously if the parent or caretaker was negligent, then they are responsible, but children are children and don't have the attention span nor wherewithall to make sound judgements yet. At 2 years old, you're just having fun enjoying yourself in the moment.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '19

I can’t imaging they will charge the mother, she desperately tried to catch her son before he got to the street. Kids can get away from their parents very quickly, it happens to all of us.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Sep '19

Heartbreaking for all involved. Don't forget about the driver. I'm sure he/she won't sleep easy for a long time.

If the mother saw this, it's punishment enough. A good friend had her 20 year old son killed before her eyes on the side of the highway, by an out of control pick up, a couple months ago. The pain she is going through I wouldn't wish on anybody.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

Calico696

You're definitely right about the driver. I'm sure they'll be haunted by this for the rest of their life wondering if there was anything they could've possibly done. This has to be on par with the driver who had the school bus turn in front of him in that horrific Rt. 80 accident.

I normally drive by there all the time on my way from Hopatcong to Hackettstown, including tonight. It's just past where 183 and 206 come together near the Black Forest Inn. Visibility isn't good, especially if you're coming from 183 merging onto 206. Sadly, nobody involved, including bystanders and investigators are going to emerge from this tragedy unscathed.

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '19

It is every mother's worst nightmare - praying for her and for the driver.

Spence Spence
Sep '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.