New Wawa in Washington?

Rumor has it that the defunct Lukoil, at the intersection of 57 and 31, is going to be a Wawa.

Let the traffic discussion begin! LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

Yay!

maja2 maja2
Sep '19

Uh oh. Bye bye, Krausers. Hello, impossible to get through the intersection. Perfect, that'll add another 20 minutes to my already-from-hell commute.

I don't think that lot is large enough for a WAWA??

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Sep '19

WaWa at that intersection would be great. I go through that intersection all the time and never have a problem. That area needs a gas station/convenience store. It will also help Washington with tax revenue. Where else might you put a WaWa?

I think the direction that you go through that intersection in the AM or PM makes a big difference. I take Rt 31 South through it, right around 7a most mornings, and no issue generally. If your on Rt. 57 going East, it could bottleneck a bit there at the 31/57 intersection with more traffic.

What I would worry about going my direction, Rt.31 south, are the additional cars now coming out of the proposed Wawa now trying to get onto Rt.31 south, where traffic that is proceeding through a green light at that intersection can get moving fairly fast.

Accidents await- there will be alot more traffic coming out of that exit with a Wawa than the occasional car that exited Lukoil and went Rt.31 south.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Sep '19

"What I would worry about going my direction, Rt.31 south, are the additional cars now coming out of the proposed Wawa now trying to get onto Rt.31 south, where traffic that is proceeding through a green light at that intersection can get moving fairly fast."

Yes, because the majority of idiots don't seem to notice, or care, that the speed limit goes from 50 to 45 by WTPD and then to 35 shortly thereafter continuing almost to Dairy Queen.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

Calico Who cares about rumors? Gossip Gossip !!

stir the pot....stir the pot...

steven steven
Sep '19

Lion - Word on the street about a business opening, or not opening, is not gossip. Gossip is spreading stories about people that may or not be true.

That about sums up today's vocabulary lesson. :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

I know Wawa generally has not had their footprint further north than Flemington in this area, until the recent Hackettstown location was built.

I actually hope this comes to fruition, as there is a real big gap between Buttzville/White Township and Flemington on the Rt.31 corridor of either a Wawa or QC. (the QC down Rt.57 in Washington is too far away if your commuting straight down Rt.31. )

Hard to believe all this time that neither chain would have expanded on that roughly 30 mile strip. It will be a very profitable location.

Sep '19

Rhyme - I agree that it's odd, since there is a great deal of money to be made. Plus, there is a lot of open land on 31 in that stretch. I remember, at one point, QC was interested in the old Oxwall property but that didn't pan out. I think it was mainly because of the two other gas stations, one with a convenience store, in such close proximity.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

wish they would put it instead where the old A&P was located by MC D's in Washington further down on Rt 31 Southbound! Lots of room for parking and traffic.

There's a pad for that...…

WaWaSHINGTON. I like it!

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Sep '19

Wawa has actively been seeking out properties along Rt 206 in Sussex County NJ.That is besides the Branchville site of the Chatterbox Drive-In.They have looked at sites near Andover NJ.

murof
Sep '19

For the last couple days they have been demolishing the old lukoil structure. In fact a small fire has just broke out with one of the gas pumps. Emergency crews are responding...

Washington *Fire* 143 E Washington Ave at LukOil. Reported gas pump on fire. 83E/F 76F 1119

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Sep '19

wouldn't they remove the gas before they demolish it?

bug3
Sep '19

bug3 no doubt the remaining gas was removed from the undergound holding tank(s) prior to demolition. This was a small fire in a gas pump that apparently had a small amount of gas remaining.

Apparently even the Washington BID has no idea at this point what the property will eventually turn out to be per a FB post I saw? Looks as if the property owners are just clearing the property down to the ground for a possible easier sale?

Personally can't see this being a Wawa. Pad just isn't big enough for their new properties that require a certain minimum to support a convenience store and gas pumps. If they're looking to purchase an adjacent property to the gas station then maybe? https://www.wawa.com/about/real-estate/about-us

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Sep '19

I heard a rumor (truly just a rumor, not gossip, haaa) that the movie theater across from that Luke Oil on 31, and the diner next to it, would be where a Wawa was going. Anybody hear that? Or am I listening to gossipers?

LOL, MYD. I heard that the old movie theater was going to get torn down and apartments were going to built there.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

Pretty sure cvs is going where Lukoil was. Will move out of old QC location

I heard the CVS rumor the other day. Not sure that space is large enough for a CVS either.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

Almost completely demolished as of today. For sale sign on property.

Kinda strange that they left the car wash building standing after demo'ing everything else on the property! LOL

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Sep '19

I heard they demolished the building so that they will pay less taxes

Bug3
Sep '19

The CVS is going across the street where Krauzer's is. They bought that property and the houses behind it.

Irishresq Irishresq
Sep '19

Good make warren county beautiful on the eyes again

Looks like construction has begun on the new WaWa but its not on the old Lukoil site, It's across the street where the other gas station was. Looks like it will have an entrance/exit on Rt31 across from Dunkin.

I heard that’s CVS going there

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '20

I heard CVS as well.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '20

Found this

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/bd2ffe06491b4f71bf6e24e8d5555849.html

Bug3
Oct '20

Might be. They only have a few footings poured. I thought there was a CVS in the old quickchek on belvidere?

OP - Yes, there is. However, it's quite small so they wanted a bigger location as I understand it.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '20

Well gee wiz

The Hackettstown area has 3 CVS's...washington needs to catch up..They could also use a couple more quick cheks

Bug3
Oct '20

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/business/2020/11/warren-county-is-getting-another-cvs-and-heres-where-its-going.html

So, the question, is the CVS going in where the Lukoil used to be or where the Gas Station/Conv store used to be on the other side of 57? Both locations featured gas and a conv type store setup.

And, will the other side be a Wawa?

Nov '20

Its the north west corner, not Lukoil, thats way smaller. The Krausers location with the pumps in front and property behind all has construction going on now.

Roywhite Roywhite
Nov '20

Ok. Folks the CVS is coming to corner of 57 & 31 in Washington Boro. Across from dunkin. There is no wawa currently coming to our Boro. Yes there is a taco bell being built on main Street. CVS where quick check was is closing. That store will be our new CVS.

Kikinj Kikinj
Nov '20

There is a Taco Bell coming to Main Street? Where on Main Street will that be?

Ice Cream Lover
Nov '20

Taco Bell will be in the corner of 57 and I believe Lincoln Ave. One of those intersections with a traffic light on the edge of the downtown core on the Brass Castle side.

Route 46
Nov '20

Washington (NJ-57) and Lincoln is the intersection where Krauszer's used to be. I can't imagine it going in at any of the other three corners of that intersection, so that must be the lot where it's going.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '20

All of These projects will be done and open before the Dunkin in white township

Philliesman Philliesman
Nov '20

Ian

Wasn't the hotel that burnt up a number of years ago also right by there?

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '20

The hotel (St. Cloud?) was mid-block in a continuous structure, IIRC. No fast food joint is going to build on a property where they can't put a drive-thru... unless its a primarily delivery service like Domino's or Pizza Hut.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '20

Not opening until 2022, or later?
https://www.nj.com/business/2020/11/a-list-of-wawa-and-quickchek-stores-set-to-open-in-nj-by-the-end-of-2021.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Nov '20

Thats cool

No word on that mountain avenue disaster

Bug3
Nov '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.