xfinity wifi out?

Is anyone having trouble with their xifinity this morning?

Sometimes it gets turned off somehow. for Computers/laptops, you have to go into "Settings" and re-turn it back "on" for your name.

Hackresident Hackresident
Sep '19

"Sometimes it gets turned off somehow. for Computers/laptops, you have to go into "Settings" and re-turn it back "on" for your name."

Mine was dropping randomly about 2 weeks ago. Most time it would reconnect on it's own. Been OK recently.

Usually a reset of the router fixes it quick. Been happening more recently I've noticed though.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Sep '19

Mine didn't reconnect on it's own.

Hackresident Hackresident
Sep '19

One cure is not to use the combined device they charge you monthly for. Buy your own compatible cable modem (list is on their site) and then buy a mid level wireless router. I had that combination in Hackettstown for over 8 years with no drops, no lost service unless it was something major affecting everyone. The larger the house the better wireless router should be bought so you get good coverage.

Their service has been horrible since early July. My wifi pops on and off constantly. It's so annoying. They are so expensive! There is no alternative were I live. I would love to give them the boot!

Pat A Pat A
Sep '19

Hilarity ensues as I click this thread just now and my wifi disconnects.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.