Party City Closing?

I heard that party city in Hackettstown is closing... can anyone confirm?

Jenny
Sep '19

It’s already gone

Nosila Nosila
Sep '19

I saw them taking the signs off the front of the store a few days ago. Pretty sure it's gone now

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Sep '19

Yes drove past it today. It's closed and says they moved to the old toys r us in Rockaway. Store still looked stocked and the lights were on, saw a few people walk up and not be able to walk in.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Sep '19

Not a surprise - every time I went in there it was a ghost town.

Hjjk
Sep '19

That mall is turning into a ghost town

Bug3
Sep '19

This area is a ghost town.

For reals For reals
Sep '19

This area aint no ghost town...

Bug3
Sep '19

It’s not a ghost town around here. Party city is closing stores all over. They have an outdated retail business model.

Yolanda Castro Yolanda Castro
Sep '19

"This area is a ghost town" are just typical uninformed nonsensical internet troll responses made by trolls in order to keep up their quota as mandated by membership in the Internet Troll Society! LOL.

Hey it works, it got 3 responses including mine!

The rent in that complex along with the one in mt olive with the old a&p are out of control. Agreed party city has a very outdated business model

Just went to Rockaway Mall. Party City is open in the old Toys R Us Store.

So where do we get our birthday balloons now? I always got a bunch of balloons and a birthday card there for everyone's birthday. Ugh.

Laurel Laurel
Sep '19

Shop Rite or Weis? They sell balloons and birthday cards.

ianimal ianimal
Sep '19

it’s been roughly 20 years since I’ve been to party city. Maybe I am partying the wrong way. I don’t know.

Yolanda Castro Yolanda Castro
Sep '19

I get balloons at the Dollar Store!

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Sep '19

I didn't even think of Shoprite. I guess I won't miss Party City as much as I thought.

Laurel Laurel
Sep '19

Can't recall ever having been in a Party City. Just never had much need for balloons or themed paper products.

Courtney1 Courtney1
Sep '19

Wasn't there a party store in the mall across the street?

Bug3
Sep '19

Party Box in Lodi back in the mid-90s was like the last party store I was in. Nowadays no one I know really cares about themes, streamers, or decorations. Now if Bottle King went out of business...

YeahRight YeahRight
Sep '19

The Dollar store hasn’t had helium in months

Nosila Nosila
Sep '19

Um, not a troll. Just disillusioned by Warren County and the isolation, plus the mass exodus of stores, which require major mileage to go to.

And yes, looking to move.

For reals For reals
Sep '19

They moved? Wait...what? But all the experts said they closed due to a bad business model. Lol. They may have a bad business model i have no idea. But relocating to a better location and possibly better rent terms is smart. No?

Scott Scott
Sep '19

The $store was blowing up balloons last week. BTW, Birthday cards 2/$1 = best deal in town,

Dollar Store is definitely the go-to for balloons. As for Party City, their corporate headquarters is located in Rockaway so maybe a better deal on rent?

Even though they moved, it’s better than going the way of chains like Payless which closed up for good.

For reals For reals
Sep '19

Ever since the carriage industry and the springs on Schooley’s mountain closed down the town just hasn’t been able to bounce back.

Iamrite Iamrite
Sep '19

I just bought helium balloons at the Dollar Tree today. They had a sign up saying no helium, but lady said that they now have it.

Hopeful Hopeful
Sep '19

I have heard for awhile that there is a global helium shortage. Mylar and latex balloons aren’t the best for the environment. Let’s just send flowers and eat cupcakes...

Inthegarden Inthegarden
Sep '19

Anyone have any idea where to have a couple balloons filled?

Dollar store

Nosila Nosila
Jan '20

The Dollar Tree won't fill outside balloons, the Dollar Mart in the old A & P plaza at the top of the mountain will! Or you can buy a cheap tank at Walmart for $30. It lasts forever too.

kelleo22 kelleo22
Jan '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.