Swiffer vs. Roomba

Hi,
does anyone know if Swiffer is now safe for pets?

They had a recall some years ago due to a coating on the mop head affecting pets.

Also, does anyone have an opinion about safety around pets with Roombas?

Vote Y or N works!

Always thought about the Roomba, but decided on the dry Swiffer. My reasoning is that I don't have things falling on the floor, I have dust and dirt from the outside. A Swiffer literally dusts my wood floors. If you are referring to the press that said it might be a danger to dogs, it was the wetting solution for the wet Swiffer version that a dog might walk through and then lick it's paws. I don't walk on wet floors and I would think a responsible owner would not let a pet walk on wet floors. Slipping concerns.
Roombas sweep in dry particles, which has never been my problem.

USAfirst USAfirst
Aug '19

I love my Roomba. I have pets so it helps with the in between vacuuming! I know there’s varying opinions on it but if you don’t use it as your sole vacuum and need something in between it’s great!

Just looking around Just looking around
Aug '19

Love my Roomba! Every Saturday morning I Roomba my floors, just have to move a cord or two, maybe pick up stuff...but otherwise pretty easy. Also have to clear brushes regularly, takes a couple minutes. It gets to places that I can’t, like under furniture, etc.

tripsy tripsy
Aug '19

Grandma Tuna thinks I should have a Roomba to ride on. It would have to be a quiet one like this, otherwise I would just run away in an instant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGI8Od22WM4

If it was like this one, I'd be hiding behind the washing machine in an instant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of2HU3LGdbo

PS. A cat, a dog, two shark costumes, a duck, and a roomba. What exactly are humanz thinking?? Hammer head on doggie is the only obvious one...

[sigh, my job here is done]

Sugar Sugar
Aug '19

I have a standard older roomba. Have had to replace brushes on the bottom which are dirt cheap. The thing has been pretty bullet proof. I utilize it most by sending it outside to clean my sunroom and garage floor. Rediculous as it sounds it works very well :).

One advisory though. If your pets are not trained and still crap and pee on a floor that your roomba goes to clean your literally screwed. It will smear that **** everywhere. YouTube it for a good laugh.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Aug '19

Forcefeddoor that is too funny :)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.