Fruit Alert

Oh my it’s good this year. Must be the water.

Best’s peaches are out of this world. I vote three napkins or you’re gonna get drenched. May be canning/freezing time, probably freezing. Can’t wait for apples; Bob better reduce his cider price given the amount of juice he will get per apple :-)

Had local nectarines, same story. Always am impressed when locals do nectarines, seems like it should be more Southern. Plums are like water balloons. Although one sugar plum guy got frosted. Bad luck. Think Bob still has them. Sssh, it’s a secret.

Anyone else getting great fruit from locals and where are they. Anything from Port Murray? Especially sugar plums.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Aug '19

Where did you get the nectarines, Strangerdanger, they're my favorites!

Windy Brow Farms — on 519 or Ridge Road South of 94 in Newton. About 5m south off 94. There’s another stand just over the hill on 94 just South of the hospital, great prices but not always theirs or local. But .99 cents for peaches n plums can be hard to resist.

Windy Brow is the only other local for sugar plums, but not this year. Great ice cream and pies to die for. Nice folk, perhaps a little dusty, but it’s real. Nectarines were perfect. If you get em hardish, ripen in a couple days.

Not sure what Mackeys carries, but it’s fair week so I head North a lot. Try them next week. Again, can be a little dusty, but they have yuge refrigerated section and huge stock once they get going.

Not sure on Port Murray either but know the orchard is interesting so love some feedback

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Aug '19

I love the peaches and fruit from best but I go to donaldsons for the yellow watermelon it’s out of this world I eat a quarter slice a night

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.