Wheel alignment BMW

Hey all,

I need to get my wife’s wheels aligned on her ‘13 BMW 3 series. I hear varying opinions on whether local shops can perform the work. Ive called a few places that say for a “proper” alignment I need to take it to the dealer. Apparently they put weighted bags in the car to simulate passengers sitting in the car. First time I’ve heard of this. Another local shop told me “no problem, bring it in.” Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

Consigliere
Jul '19

Try calling HMI -Hackettstown Motor Imports. We got there for our cars. Z

Werked
Jul '19

Do not go to HMI unless you're looking to be ripped off. DTA in budd lake for all German car needs. I don't think he does alignments. I've used Mavis with no issues.

Call Freeway tire in Dover, they have state of art alignment machine

I always go to Roy at Dimension 908-850-4940, I don't know about the weighted bags, but if you ask Roy, he will know, very knowledgeable and great service.

Call Steve at Vicari Motors in Frenchtown.
1117 State Route 12
908-996-4161
My son owned two BMWs. This guy knows his stuff We got so tired of getting ripped off around here and going to a dealer is SO expensive. You won't be disappointed. I know it's a drive, but well worth it.

Pat A Pat A
Jul '19

Dta or Valley auto are my go-to’s for repairs I can’t tackle on my own but as you stated, I don’t believe he (or valley) does alignments.

Thanks for the other 2 tips but I’d rather not drive to Dover or French town. I’ll call Roy at dimension in the morning. If that doesn’t work, Roxbury bmw has a $189 four wheel alignment. I’ll just bite the bullet if Roy can do it.

Thanks for all the responses!

Consigliere
Jul '19

Scotty's on Valentine Street in Hackettstown.

Yurneighbor Yurneighbor
Jul '19

Valley recommends Roy at Dimension. That is how I found him. He is very good at what he does.

There is nothing "remarkable" about aligning a BMW just some different specifications. I understand for example the rear negative camber adjustment is critical for performance and handling. With that said Roy will have the specs and equipment to get it done.

Just called dimension and spoke to a lady who told me they frequently do BMWs. Made an appointment for for next week. She said cost would be $80.

Consigliere
Jul '19

That's good to know. Roxbury BMW is twice that price, actually more than just about anyone. I'm sure there are other reputable places to have it done.

$80?

I don't care if they are adjusting ANY car for that price!!

As long as it is a modern machine with before and after printout- that is a steal!!

That's $80 for a four-wheel alignment, or for just the front? I've used and liked Dimension before but it was about the same for just front alone.

eperot eperot
Jul '19

I went to Dimension yesterday, great service and wonderful accomodating people. They took me in and got to work right away then explained what they found wrong with my alignment (which had been royally screwed up by a major local tire chain that shall remain nameless on rte 46 between the 5 corners and East Ave....) and the bill came to $85.30 with tax. Can't say enough about the folks at Dimension

Hmmm. Good question, emperot.

Consigliere
Jul '19

I'm certain the price is a 4 wheel alignment. I have paid that amount for a few different cars I've brought there and always have a 4 wheel alignment where applicable.

As an aside, Trend Motors the VW dealer in Rockaway is $102 I think it is for an alignment. I like them for a lowered vehicle as their alignment rack is flush with the floor.

Someone on this forum recommended Roy at Dimension a couple of years ago for all types of auto repairs and I've been very happy with them. I just had my rear brakes replaced today at Dimension and I couldn't be more satisfied, Roy does a great job, at a very reasonable price. Roy and Lynn are very personable, and they fit me in today since I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. Highly recommended.

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Jul '19

Matt @ eMpower Automotive
587 County Road 519
Belvidere, NJ 07823

Enthusiast owned and operated.
I service my e46 there. Great experience and knowledge learned.

Dimension quotes at $99 today for alignment

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '19

Dimension +1. Very nice, fair, and friendly.

Of course, with my personality I pay to have them out of alignment and totally unbalanced.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.