Film Developing

Any local places that still develop film?... i looked in walmart and didn't see any place anymore

Bug3
Jul '19

You can create an account on Walmart.com and upload photos there. Then you can request prints and have them mailed to your home.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

Are we talking digital pictures that you just need to get prints? Or is this older style print film that really needs chemical development?

CVS as well as Staples both have print stations. You can take the camera memory card or put the pictures on a thumb drive to take them there. They walk you through cropping, resizing and even some kinds of editing right on the machine.

Old print film is a different story these days. There is an old HL thread with the group of people that are seriously into photography as well as two older ones with what to do when you find an old print film roll. The threads are 5 years old or more. Even a couple of those places no longer do it. Rapidphoto.net is probably one of only a few left in the country if that's what you need.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/554344

Unique Photo sells film and develops film - rte 46 Fairfield

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '19

Old fashioned 35mm film...

Bug3
Jul '19

Sorry, I totally misread/misunderstood your post. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

Mail order

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '19

According to Google, CVS and Walgreen's will still process 35mm film, they ship it out and you get negs and prints if print film or slides if slide film. You may have to ask at the desk for the envelope to send it off.

Mail order is the way to go. Walmart WILL NOT return your negatives to you. Not sure about CVS, anymore, but the last time I used them they mailed the film to a Fujifilm processing facility anyway and charge you to be the middleman.

Some Guy (Art) Some Guy (Art)
Jul '19

Thanks..I will do mail order

Bug3
Jul '19

costco i think

I do mine online. My current lab is "The Darkroom".

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.