Road to the Sandbar

What's up with the road leading to the Sandbar.The road is terrible for bikes and for walking, very dangerous. The Sandbar is one of Hackettstown's treasures. Pave the road and make it safe for crying out loud.

Muskie
Jul '19

Pave the road!?!
I don’t need my taxes going any higher because town wants to pave a secondary side road!

Werked
Jul '19

Talk to the state they own that road

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

We're down there to walk and take pix several times a week when it isn't hot as hades - yes indeed the road in stinks - and has since we've been using it- at least two years or more.........

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '19

Was bad in 2000 when we had the Grand Review Civil War event at the Sandbar. It does keep folks from speeding. Maybe the state is leaving it like that on purpose.

John C John C
Jul '19

I prefer the road in that condition. It slows the drivers down a bit. Of course on occasion there is the football mom who is late bringing little Johnny Unitas to practice that blows in fast anyway. LOL

I was thinking the same thing about Franklin Street when I drove on it the other day.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jul '19

Park down behind doctors park, that road is perfect.

Greg

Don'tcha know that's why they're all driving SUV's;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '19

Where is this sandbar?

Matilda Fuentess Matilda Fuentess
Jul '19

The area is known as Alumni field now.The entrance is opposite Napa on Willow Grove
street .In the past it was called the sandbar as it was a place for swimming. Another way to access is to enter through Riverfront Park at the end of Seber road. The two areas are connected by a series of trails near the river.

Ah yes. I love that place Greg. We live close so we walk which is why the road never came into play. Is it good to swim over by the pavilion near the football field?

Matilda Fuentess Matilda Fuentess
Jul '19

Good swimming if you're a fish, goose or duck............

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '19

No swimming. The river is polluted. Goose poop and fish hooks in there too. Very thick mud at the bottom that can trap your feet as well.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.