Rocky Hadzovic Funeral

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that my father Rocky passed away. I'm not sure where to post this but in case anyone wanted to attend the funeral I will post it here. Thank you.

The viewing is from 6 PM to 9 PM on Sunday at 43 Monroe St, Garfield, NJ 07026.

The Funeral Service will be starting Monday at 9:30 AM at the same place with the burial taking place in Totowa, NJ. The burial will be happening right after the services. Thank you.

Isaac Hadzovic Isaac Hadzovic
Jul '19

Peace and blessing to you and the family. Your dad will be missed around Hackettstown.

Bernie Bernie
Jul '19

My condolences to you and your family. I never met you but met him a couple of times. I've heard so many things about how much he helped many many families.

Rocky was a Great man..!!

My Best to You and Family

Chubby Chubby
Jul '19

I’m sorry for your loss.

I read your story on Liberty Roofing Facebook page; you are an amazing son! I’m sure your dad is proud of you!

Prayers for you and your family!

Summer Summer
Jul '19

I'm very sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

I just read what you wrote on Facebook. Your dad was a hard worker and helped so many people. Be proud. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Hopeful Hopeful
Jul '19

My condolences to your family. He was a kind and generous man.

Frank 1945 Frank 1945
Jul '19

He was my next door neighbor, 10 years ago when I was moving in I REMEMBER hearing him calling to me while I was upstairs, he was so eager to meet his new neighbor and welcome them.
Funny, when I met him that day we found out MY Father coached one of his sons in basketball.
He has been a wonderful neibor these years, always dropping over to give me some of his native items to try, like bread or beer.
During Hurricane Sandy I lost power, he did not. He let me run extension cord across the street into his house to save my refrigerator and give my teen age daughter power to use her laptop. ( you know teens)
What a great neibor!!!!!!

In March I got a puppy, he would just come over to give her a biscuit if he saw us outside. What a great man!
I'm still in shock to just find out today.
My last memory of him was just a few days ago,.....me and my boyfriend were coming down ROOSEVELT and he was at his grill making family dinner,..... we all waved to each other....
That was our last hello,...and SADLY goodbye.
I am heart broken.
My condolences to the family.
I'm hear if you need anything.

Wendy D Cirinelli Wendy D Cirinelli
Jul '19

he was a good man

Thank you for all of the kind words about my father. He was the greatest man I knew. I’m angry that he was taken away from the earth too soon, but I’m grateful to have had him as a father. He taught me to love everyone no matter their background. He taught me to help those in need.

Please cherish every moment with your father or mother. I was expecting to have him around for another 20 years at least. I’d do anything to have one more day with him. You never know when someone’s time will come.

Isaac Isaac
Jul '19

Isaac, condolences to you and your family. We lost our father very suddenly a few years back and it has been very difficult for our family. You went to school with one of my children. You will move on and hold on to your dad in your heart. So sorry.

Acl76 Acl76
Jul '19

Isaac, there are quite a few younger people that think their parents will be around forever and just never get around to being with them when they have time. Always to busy, have things to do, etc. etc.. This includes my own children who also have children now. Sadly they realize the time is wasted when its to late to do anything to change it. Rocky was a great man and looks like he raised a great son. My condolences to you and your family.

Boobalaa Boobalaa
Jul '19

Very sorry for your loss, i really liked Rocky, he was a good man and a great guy who i got to play volley ball with. The whole community will miss him dearly.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '19

I started working for your Father in 1990 right after I sold my business(clothing retail) and we became friends. He asked me if I knew how to type..said Yes, and the rest was history...Any of you who have read his joke book that he had published and found it not so funny...that was because of me...as the interpretation was a bit tough to do. I will never part with that book. I was the first visitor at the hospital when you were born and got to know you real well playing tic tac toe in the office when you came in to visit. I witnessed the hundreds of refugees coming to your home for shelter during the terrible war at that time in Bosnia/Hercegovina. Years and years of getting to know your family and also becoming neighbors. Your Dad was perhaps the most generous person I will ever know. He was so good to me and my husband...always...Those on here that know me and my husband know we are proud Americans but I can honestly say..your Father loved the United States of America with all of his heart. He could not wait to become a citizen and proudly displayed not 1 but 2 larger than life Statue of Liberties at his home when he did. I am devistated by knowing now he will no longer be in my life and I will no longer see him walking down to visit or calling just to ask..Do you guys need anything.? We love you and your family and if there is anything at all that you need and we can help you with...please know we are here for you with love and support...

joyful joyful
Jul '19

I am so very sorry for your family's loss. I knew your dad when I worked at Home Depot and always enjoyed talking to him.
I haven't seen him in a while, but the last time I saw him was at Fulton Bank. He walked in said hello to me, expressed how he missed me at Home Depot and asked if he could talk to one of the assistant managers so I can come back to Home Depot.
I lost my father as well 23 years ago. Cherish each and every day you have with your parents, because they won't be here forever.

So sorry to hear of your fathers passing. He was such a wonderful man We had our roof done by him a number of years ago and just last week on a very hot Sat he came with his men to clean gutters, He and my husband talked outside about retirement and about the car he just got, One time we found bread and wine on porch from him
I would always see him at Qcheck getting his coffee with a smile on his face He will be missed by the whole town.

While I never had the good fortune to meet him, he sounds like a truly kind, generous soul.

Joyful that was a lovely, touching post for your old friend.

Your father worked on my house several times. He was always professional, friendly, and hard working. Any time he would see me in a local store, he would always go out of his way to say hello.

It is obvious that he loved the US.

I saw your father at several fundraisers to benefit local families over the years which shows his character....caring and generous.

The world would be a better place if there were more people like your father.

summerhelp summerhelp
Jul '19

My sincere condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. During a time when I was not having much luck or faith in any contractors, I found a recommendation for him on this forum. I called Rocky and he responded very quickly, showed up that day, provided a quick estimate, and actually did the job that was second to none! ANd after that he brought me a bottle of wine. Was a genuine guy who was passionate about his work and customer satisfaction.
I hope all of these tributes to your Dad provides some comfort.

JB400 JB400
Jul '19

I am in tears to hear of your father's passing.
We knew each other for over 35 years.
He spoke so proudly of you.
Whenever he stopped in at Home Towne Hardware we enjoyed conversations about history and would exchange books. He brought us gifts from his travels.
Stewart and Elaine Ginsberg
Morristown.

Stewart Ginsberg Stewart Ginsberg
Jul '19

I had met Rocky briefly - had gone into his office to talk about advertising, we got talking about dogs and he took me out to see his garden he had created with a post/picture of his dog who had passed and a bench to sit on . He said he goes out there and feels at peace when sitting there. I was very impressed that he had created it. I am sure he is at peace now and enjoying seeing his precious dog and family who had passed before him. Got Bless!.

Buckeye fan Buckeye fan
Jul '19

Rocky was a kind & thoughtful person, who always seemed to be willing to help others. The gifts of wine, bread, & cheese were never necessary, but always appreciated. He quickly changed from "customer" to "good friend." We will mourn his loss. May he rest in peace.

Jim Malay
State Farm Agent
Hackettstown

Jim Malay Jim Malay
Jul '19

Wow, I can’t tell you all how much these posts mean to me. As you can see by this post, my father was a great man. I can only hope to be half as good as he was. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Isaac Isaac
Jul '19

Really nice guy - saw him a couple of times up Field of Dreams walking the dogs with your mother - only a few weeks ago. Always had a smile on his face and quick with a friendly greeting - trying to hold back those crazy dogs. Sorry for your loss.

Good luck & Godspeed to you and your family.

sorry for your loss..he was a very nice man.

Waldo Waldo
Jul '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.