Lost Dog - College View FOUND

Our dog is lost if any one has seen her or knows where she is please let me know last seen in our yard around 730-8 pm. She is very shy and super scared of fireworks. Never strays from yard!!! If some one took her in please call 908 295 4491 her name is Holly. College view and Kenneth Lane

Gina Willis Gina Willis
Jul '19

Gina I hope your dog is back. If not, a picture or description would help.

maja2 maja2
Jul '19

We will keep a look out and pray Gina.

Matilda Fuentes Matilda Fuentes
Jul '19

Gina ~ what does she look like? Do you have a photo you can post?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '19

Re: Lost Dog - College View FOUND

Added photo

Gina Willis Gina Willis
Jul '19

Check under porches and decks in the area, put out dirty clothes and her bed so she can pick up your scent. Good luck!

Molly
Jul '19

Any updates?

Still missing Greg.

Raena Raena
Jul '19

Have you posted on Facebook hackettstown community forum? You may reach more people..
We will be on the lookout

She's such a cutie. I hope she finds her way home soon! I'll be on the lookout every time I'm going through that area!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '19

I'm also guessing she is terrified with all the fireworks blasting.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jul '19

I'm sure she is terrified, poor thing.

We hiked along the railroad tracks today for a few miles or so, all the way from the train station to the one lane overpass. The thinking was she may have run away from the noise in the neighborhoods.

Sadly, there are folks who simply say "live with it" concerning illegal fireworks in close neighborhoods. This is the result of that selfish attitude - a family is heartbroken and a pet is suffering somewhere.

I drove the fish hatchery all along the fence line a number of times today with no luck. Will keep an eye out tomorrow.

Fishmsker1
Jul '19

I assume you notified Hackettstown & Mansfield Animal control and police departments. I wish you all the luck & my prayers that you find her. I will certainly keep an eye out when I'm driving over to Shoprite.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jul '19

Contact Eleventh Hour Rescue. They have helped to catch other dogs that were lost. Good luck!

https://www.buddhadogrescueandrecovery.com/pages/contact-us

These folks are located here in Warren county and may be of help as well.

call washington township animal control too. they had our dogs from hackettstown when they got out. very nice people and helpful.

petlover3 petlover3
Jul '19

We spent a few hours again today searching the wooded are near Alexandria hoping she was bed down in that area. No sighting unfortunately. Some of that area is very thick, she could be hidden there.

Good Evening: Unfortunately we have not yet found our dog. We still have hope that we will find her. My husband and I would like to thank everyone who has put forth an effort to help. This includes the Hackettstown police department, the fish hatchery, friends, neighbors and people we have never even met. This Town is truly blessed to have people that care for the welfare of their neighbors. Our dog is a member of our family, and right now we feel she has an extended family consisting of members of our community of which we are proud to be a part of.

My husband thought of one of his favorite gospel quotes.

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me,ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me. Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and cloth you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you? 'And the King will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers (sisters) of mine, you did for me.'

Matthew 25

We are humbled by all of your caring. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Brian & Gina Willis

Gina Willis Gina Willis
Jul '19

I am hoping and praying that you find her. Stay hopeful!

Gina ~ I've been texting you each day about where we are searching. We will go out again tomorrow. Try going at dawn's first light when it's quiet. I'm going to try to go back over to the wooded area back by Alexandria and Warren Village. Try now even. I feel like she will more likely come out to explore when it's most quiet.

We are so heartbroken for you.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jul '19

**Holly sighting**
on the top of Newburg Road and Schoolys Mt. Road. Possibly ran up in the woods behind the homes. If anyone has seen her call me 908-295-4491 ASAP!! Thank you

Gina Willis Gina Willis
Jul '19

I hope you can find her today. This community is great with help in finding pets. You will, don't lose hope!

Hackresident Hackresident
Jul '19

Found!

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jul '19

Found? That's awesome....she looked like such a cutie.

Mervin
Jul '19

Just saw on Facebook that Holly has been found. God is good...All the time!

joyful joyful
Jul '19

We are so pleased to hear. A happy ending is always the best.

Wow we were just gearing up to go out to cruise the area. Our dog Henry wanted to help this time. So happy to hear Holly is back home!

Matilda Fuentes Matilda Fuentes
Jul '19

So glad she was found. She must have been terrified!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '19

So happy for you and Holly. Just wondering. There seem to be so many lost pets on here and other sites. Is there some sort of tracking device that can be put on a collar, you know, like those that track your phone? Certainly would help so many heart-broken families to find their fur babies.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jul '19

Great news!

Lonesome Dove - They do make dog trackers for the collars. I think they've come down in price since a friend that lived in the Poconos was curious about them 5+ years ago. At that time they were somewhat expensive and not that common, but imagine that's changed somewhat.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '19

Happy News!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '19

Great news!!! Please share with us how you were able to get her....did she come to your call, food, etc? I just read something that stated when trying to get your dog back that calling them, squeaky toys, etc...may actually scare them and make them NOT return to that area. I think I would probably be doing all of those things not knowing I was making it worse..... so just curious how you caught Holly today.

That's correct Phil, units range in price from about $20 with a range of a 100 feet to a couple of hundred dollars with several miles of range capability.

Glad to hear it!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

Yay!

tripsy tripsy
Jul '19

Yay!!!!

details on how f at from home you found her (or who did) and if she came to you, (etc.). Triple Yay!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Jul '19

Please Gina...All of the animal lovers who have been following this story need to hear the wonderful conclusion...when your family and Holly were reunited! I've lost a dog a couple of times, and when I finally found them, I just felt blessed. Please share the story.
Thanks

Martha Martha
Jul '19

Agree Martha, I and many others shared and followed the story on Facebook, it's would be nice to hear how the happy ending happened, and maybe helpful to someone in the future.

Denis Denis
Jul '19

Holly was spotted running around near Newburgh Road and the area on Schooley's Mountain (RT24) Road early Sunday morning. A bunch of folks along with Holly's parents were able to sort of surround her in one of the corn fields near where the new construction is going on opposite Heath Village. She was caught there and carried out of the field. My wife was there and supplied a leash to help get Holly safely into the car. Petting the dog once she was safe was truly a satisfying feeling to say the least. We only spent a few hours each day searching since her escape, and we really felt a connection.

It was a great group and community effort to get her reunited with her family. As it turned out she was only about a mile or so from home as the crow flies.

Thanks Greg

Martha Martha
Jul '19

Nicely done everyone.

Denis Denis
Jul '19

Wonderful!!! Thanks Greg!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

Good Evening: Thank you all again for your help. Sorry for the late response regarding finding our dog. I think our experience may be helpful to people that have a dog go missing.

First, a very kind couple spotted her near the intersection of Schooley Mt Road and Newburg Rd. We went there and looked for her. Then another kind person, stopped and told us they just saw her cross into the field on the other side of the road. We would not have gotten her without the help of strangers. Thank you.

We had been calling her the entire time, she didn't come to us, but instead went to the other side of the road into a field. So , she didn't come to our calls.

I stayed in the car driving to were my husband and three teenage kids told me she was heading. Finally, they all saw her in the fields and called for her and walked towards her. She ran away. She continued to run away.

My husband and step son went all the way to the river (muskie). They said they heard horns blowing on 57 and figured she crossed the river and was in the highway or trying to cross route 57. They tried to find a place to cross the river and get onto the highway but the concrete barricade made them have to walk west to find a spot to cross. They feared she would be hit by a car.

Then, about 20 feet in front of my husband Holly poked her head up out of the brush. She was somewhat between them and the river. He called for her and she stared at them and ran again. She went towards the river and into the river. My step son went into the river first. As the water got over her head she had to swim. This allowed my step son to catch up to her and then my husband. She was struggling to get away for about ten seconds and then recognized them.

They carried her back across the river and over smaller feeders steams. They used a shirt for a leash and for some of the long walk back had to carry her. This is because Holly doesn't like to walk on a leash. She only goes about 30 feet from the house and turns around and wants to go home. Why she ran off? no idea. This is the last dog I thought would do that.

When we got back to the cars there were friends and neighbors waiting who were assisting us. Again, thank you all.

We got her home and gave her a bath. She was happy to be back. So are we, very happy.

Again, thank you all.

Gina Willis Gina Willis
Jul '19

"She only goes about 30 feet from the house and turns around and wants to go home."

LOL! So does my Daisy. So weird.

Anyway, great rescue story. Thanks for sharing it!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

Wow, what an adventure. So glad she is safe and back home! Thank you for sharing!

Never underestimate the kindness of strangers. You are very blessed that everything worked in your favor to find her! We are all so happy for you!

Rockportcat Rockportcat
Jul '19

Gina I’m so glad she’s back with you after her adventure. If she was afraid of the fireworks she just wanted to run. Maybe she just won’t go more than 30 feet with a leash. She might not mind leaving the area as long as she doesn’t have one on. Is it a collar and leash she doesn’t like or does she not like a harness either. Might be she just doesn’t like something pulling at her neck. Again, so happy she’s home and the worst that happened to her is she got dirty and needed a bath. If a pet gets lost this is the best place with so many people anxious to help find them.

Calico, weirdly, Daisy likes taking long walks with me. Tho we don’t go far now with her arthritis.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Jul '19

Thank you Gina....so happy she is back!
It is so strange to me that a dog would not recognize or come to their owner after a few days of being out on their own. I get it when it first happens because running free must be so exciting lol:) but a few days without food or their family would make me think they would come to their voices.......I guess I am just thinking like a human :)

Thank you Gina. Great story. That was some adventure she was on. Amazing how an animal has such a sense of self preservation that they even run away from their owners to save themselves. So glad it all worked out. One happy family again.

Martha Martha
Jul '19

So thrilled she is home!! Dogs almost always immediately go in to survival mode. They run in the opposite direction when their name is called, sometimes unfortunately into danger. Even when their family calls out. Survival, water and food is all they are focusing on. Flyers are so very important when this happens. You had terrific flyers, bright and just the facts for easy reading!

Molly
Jul '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.