PB2110 and and super flex 2110 piping

Anyone ever have experience with this piping in their house. I'm In the process of buying a townhome and this piping is found in laundry and furnace room. Don't know if it is limited to those sections or whole house. Home inspector says this is a defective type of pipe. Its seems chlorine reacts with pipe and causes leaking. Read conflicting opinions and reports on line. Called a few plumbers to get their opinion but so far none have responded.

Any help or opinions appreciated.

marjon marjon
Jun '19

Find another house or factor in replacing 100% of that pipe and the costs to open all your walls up. If you really want that house., get a plumbing inspection which inlcudes a quote for replacement. Then deduct that off the cost of the house.

I would personally just find another house.

not sack
Jun '19

https://porch.com/advice/polybutylene-piping-concerns-risks-resolutions

NJIT Grad NJIT Grad
Jun '19

The chlorine in the water deteriorates the pipe. Failure can be in as little as 10-15 years. This pipe needs to be replaced. Get another house or get a worst case scenario estimate to replace the pipe plus repair any wall/ceiling areas to access.

Also keep in mind this piping may run through shared walls of the townhome. Find out the policy on opening up shared walls. See if you can find out from the HOA or property manager how many units have had failed pipes.

NJIT Grad NJIT Grad
Jun '19

hope your not buying in panther valley cause its still on the DEP list also is the new WAWA don't eat there or drink

tangerine tangerine
Jun '19

HI Tangerine - do you know where I can look to find out more details

marjon marjon
Jun '19

I just did a search and went into there web site
nj dep list click the county, its public info you will be surprised what else is on there

tangerine tangerine
Jun '19

thanks

marjon marjon
Jun '19

how about a direct link tangerine?

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

https://www13.nj.us/DataMiner

tangerine tangerine
Jun '19

site can't be reached - where is the DEP llink? I live in PV and would like to see it

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

Wait, so I shouldn’t be drinking Wawa coffee? Uh oh...I’ve had probably 60 cups.

Consigliere
Jun '19

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/srp/kcsnj/

Some Panther Valley addresses are on the: New Jersey Department of Environmental ProtectionSite Remediation Program Closed Sites with Remediated
Contamination 6/26/19. It's a fraction of units in the complex---- None on the active lists.

Let's not give people false information please.

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

thankyou ijay for posting that address
no one is giving any one false info. wawa is on there and as far as PV they should be testing the soil and water there for the next 25 years. we all know that it takes years for that to be cleaned up. The earth moves and shifts rain water carries the soil to your neighbors you be a fool to think it hasn't spread. NO false info here more like an eye opener

tangerine tangerine
Jun '19

Allumuchy and Mansfield Schools on the Active list.

kb2755 kb2755
Jun '19

It doesn't take much. There was a small company dumping chemicals out the back door near the Mansfield/Hackettstown border. There are homes with wells that have large water filtration systems to combat this. PV was probably due to agricultural byproducts? Go East of here and a cleanup is all over the place, every time they want to repurpose a property they run into some cleanup. I don't believe we have any Love Canal situation out here, but if we did I would bet it would be in the Phillipsburg area.

"hope your not buying in panther valley cause its still on the DEP list also is the new WAWA don't eat there or drink" what is that telling - and is it fair and accurate?

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

4catmom you really must stop eating those sour grapes
fair no
accurate perhaps
everyone made aware yes

tangerine tangerine
Jun '19

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have since terminated contract on house.
Did some more research, talked to a few plumbers all who had same opinion that the pipes were probably throughout the entire house. Not worth the hassle.

marjon marjon
Jun '19

If you have an agent, might consider their recommendation in all this. If they were not aggressively protecting you, then they did not protect you.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jun '19

I actually do have an agent, she Is the best, been with me for 3 sales and purchases.
she is guides me and makes recommendations on people to contact on certain issues. But ultimately the final decisions are mine.

marjon marjon
Jun '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.