Greenview Gardens Apt

Any reviews of these apts? Any history of break-ins? Noisy, quiet? Cats allowed? Must cats be declawed?

Cherry Cherry
Jun '19

My friend has lived there for many years and has no complaints.

I've never lived there but I can tell you that compared to other complexes in the area, Greenview is in one of the best neighborhoods, right next to the high school and a quiet residential area where you are unlikely to encounter any issues with crime.

I would stay away from Mansfield Village as I have heard horror stories from there. Additionally, I have a friend living in River's Edge who has had horrible experiences with unpleasant neighbors dealing drugs, deteriorating conditions, and it's in a horrible location right off Mountain Ave.

I highly reccomend Alexandria Apts. I lived there for a while and it was a beautiful location right across from Donaldson's Farms with tree lined streets and a nice pool. They allow cats and no, they don't need to be declawed. The rent is very reasonable and the apartments have a very open design with balconies in every unit.

ProgressiveMom ProgressiveMom
Jun '19

Heard the same as ProgressiveMom. I know someone who loves Greenview that lives there. They can afford a home, but like it a lot there.

It also depends heavily on your neighbors wherever you move. You can't tell if you live by night owls that are flamenco dancers or if someone is quiet as a mouse, door slammers, or a variety of different scenarios. It's a crapshoot, but I'd scout around the building first. Live and learn. Best of luck to you and your move wherever you wind up.

DogDayAfternoon
Jun '19

Thank you to everyone who replied about the apartments in Hackettstown area. Very helpful!

Cherry Cherry
Jun '19

Countryside and Greenview have the same management company. Countryside can use the greenview pool. I know some parts of Greenview can be noisy in the summer due to the proximity to the hackettstown pool, but hopefully someone who has lied there can speak to this more.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Jun '19

Towpath are very nice and have balconies also cat friendly.

Positive Positive
Jun '19

Pool has been quiet since the grilling was outlawed.

Metsman Metsman
Jun '19

Stay away from Greenview. Parking is a nightmare. Management no professional at all.

Norman Norman
Jun '19

It is pretty quiet here, close to retail stores or shuttle van to take you to them & local doctor offices. The management has always been prompt to fix and/or replace broken appliances immediately when we called. But the parking is a nightmare, people are in lots with no registration stickers & only get a big orange sticker on their car telling them not to park here when they should be towed. There has been an increased in the street parking in front of the apartment buildings over the years we have lived here. Two declawed cats are allowed & small dogs. Grounds are always mowed & well kept. Pool is great especially during a heat wave.

Cympathetique Cympathetique
Jun '19

Declawing cats is now outlawed in several states because it is considered cruelty...I would NEVER.....for an apartment

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

Lived at Greenview for years. Never had any issues and any problems we have had have been solved very quickly. Declawing cats has been removed as a requirement from Greenview. Parking depending on where you live can sometimes be an issue. If we can't find parking in our lot we move to the next closest. Before they tow a car they do have to provide a warning-hence the sticker. On street parking has been on the increase because visitors can only park on the road. If you have any questions, talk to Laurie she is in charge.

RC mom RC mom
Jun '19

I've lived at Greenview for some years now. It's clean and reaonably well kept. The staff works very hard and is always responsive when we call about anything. Quality of life very much depends on who lives in your building, especially as it relates to parking and cigarette (or other) smoke.

We lucked out when our neighbors bought a townhouse and moved away a couple of years ago. They stunk up the building with pot smoke daily, had loud screaming matches, and were sneaking in extra cars. The office was notified and tenants were told that the head maintenance guy would address it. He was well aware but did nothing. The ex-neighbors were probably paying him off. Now that both the neighbors and the former head of maintenance are gone, life is much, MUCH better at Greenview and the current maintenance staff is fabulous.

There is always somewhere to park, so I don't know why people get too upset about this. I've timed how long it takes me to walk over from the next building's parking lot and it's literally an extra 60 seconds walking at a moderate pace. The problem is there are tenants with more than the number of cars allotted for their apartments sneaking extra cars in (particularly collectible sportscar owners).

Pets are welcome here and there's a weight limit on dogs, which I like because I don't want my dog around very large breed dogs. The pool is fantastic. I left a terrible apartment complex in a nearby town to move to Greenview and have no regrets.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Jun '19

We lived in a building that was able to have dogs in Greenview twenty years ago. We lived on the top floor and found it peaceful. Parking was first come first served which was odd when we came home late otherwise it was a pleasant experience. And they have a great pool.

Robert J Rowe Robert J Rowe
Jun '19

Just curious,what is the rent going for a 1Bdr,2Bdr?

hammer hammer
Jun '19

Liberty house is great

Hammer,

I believe a one bedroom (there is a large and a small) are 1200 and change, the two bedrooms (there is a large and small) I believe are going for 1300 and change. If you add a pet it is an extra $20 a month and I believe an extra fee beyond that, but I can't remember off the top of my head. If you call over and talk to Laurie she is super helpful and can answer any questions.

RC mom RC mom
Jun '19

Laurie? Did Eva retire?

ianimal ianimal
Jun '19

Ian

Yes, I believe it was a year or so ago.

When I went to the office to check on renting there about 2 years ago, she remembered me from way back in '95 when my ex and I rented there.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

I love it here 9 years. The maintenance crew now is the best and office is great !!

Inthegarden Inthegarden
Jun '19

I have been in Greenview Gardens for 3years now and it's been a mostly great experience. Only issue I have had is one neighbor had bed bug issues 3x before they finally evicted them. Thankfully I never got them. Maintenance crew is always great and yes they do allow dogs and cats. Thankfully my building doesn't have the parking issues others have reported.

JerYnkFan JerYnkFan
Jul '19

Greenview Gardens sucks. I've lived here for 11 years. They have stupid rules for everything. The bathroom is stuck in the 1970's. Good luck getting that replaced if you live there. They only redo it if you move out. You're not allowed to have an air conditioner in your window, so my son sleeps in a hot room at night with just a fan during the summer or he goes in the living room and sleeps on the couch where there is AC. Good luck having relatives over. If they park in the lot the fools put a sticker on your window that is a pain to tear off. They expect them to park on the streets. Yeah I'm sure my father who walks with a cane would love that. They just put one on my daughter's vehicle which is in my name who is watching her little sister today even though she had a sign in the window stating she was there babysitting. You can't have a grill even a little portable one. They confiscated mine several years ago. If you have a paint job or spackling done, holy hell the guy who did some of my walls must have been blind folded. Had the ceiling repaired because there was a leak and when the paint guy came in to paint it, it was like a 5 year old did the job. Meanwhile they don't pay attention during the spring and summer when there's softball and pool traffic. They seem to just like to harass the tenants with the parking situation. And that cracks me up because you could get away with parking in these lots after 5 and overnights when people are actually home, but when people are at work and at your place doing you a favor, that's when they strike. Time to upgrade to a house. I've had enough of their nonsense.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '19

I saw the inside of one of the apartments and wasn’t impressed. I liked Towpath and Alexandria Apts for the balconies and country setting. Plus both had ample parking.

Positive Positive
Aug '19

Owners of Towpath own Greenview also

Countryside, I don’t think Towpath. My Greenview apt is far nicer than Alexandria!

Inthegarden Inthegarden
Aug '19

Not too sure about that, Lion. My husband works for the company. As far as I know they own/manage four complexes in Warren County; Washington Borough, Lopatcong, Phillipsburg and Towpath. The rest of their properties are in other counties, mostly North Jersey.

Positive Positive
Aug '19

Has any other tenant’s life recently been turned upside down lately with these urgent mandated state inspection apartment maintenance repairs? Just putting it out there for feedback..(***We should get a partial credit of this months rent for the major inconvenience of the couple days repair work)

Mar '20

They painted my bathroom and spackled any cracks. That's about it.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

Repairs fixes and new stuff are an awesome inconvenience

Inthegarden Inthegarden
Mar '20

I agree that the management is awesome with replacing any appliance with a brand new one when the former older one breaks but my painting/spackle job was extended over a further area than I expected. Plus as another posted on this forum, “it look like it was done blindfolded or a 5 year old did the job.” We pay over a thousand a month not to see handprint marks on the ceiling as well as paint not blended in with the rest of the wall..like 2 big white adjoining rectangles that pop out at you. I have a gut feeling the state inspector will not be too thrilled for this botched paint job and this is just a major inconvenience for us...not to mention aggravating.

Mar '20

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Greenview because I know how much worse it could be. The last complex I lived in (not in town but not far from here) was so bad we never even unpacked and moved out in under a year.

GG is responsive when we call for repairs. The maintenance staff gets the job done. Granted, they're not highly trained maintenance people, but they are persistent about doing a good job.

I'm actually pleased that they are doing at least something about the parking even if it's only stickers. When the miserable former head of maintenance was still on staff, he never did anything about the parking issues at my building and we had a tenant with 3 cars who refused to park any of them on the street. One of their cars was parked overnight in the parking lot entrance (the fire zone) and another was routinely parked illegally in the lot, blocking other cars. If they still lived here, I am quite sure the new regime wouldn't let them continue their nonsense.

My only gripe is that smells from other apartments seem to travel through the vents and it's more noticeable in the winter when everything is closed up. Also, I'm not sure why Metsman only has the one A/C as GG has one in our bedroom and one in the living room. Maybe it depends on how old your apartment is.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Mar '20

I have a two bedroom. The 2nd bedroom doesn't have one. I have one in my bedroom and one in my living room.

Metsman Metsman
Mar '20

New maintenance is fabulous. Last head of maintenance at a point had 5 used cars taking up spaces. Sooo happy he and his family are gone. PS I am really happy here

Inthegarden Inthegarden
Mar '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.