Pequest Union Cemetery lawn mowing at night??

I was driving past the cemetery last night, when I notice lights in the cemetery. Someone had fixed lights on a mower & was cutting grass at 10 pm. Very strange. Is there not enough hours of day light to get the mowing done? Anonymous vigilante mow boy maybe?

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Jun '19

It was probably a ghost mower

Bug3
Jun '19

Whoa that’s so creepy!

Consigliere
Jun '19

I don't think Tillie would be mowing at night, but maybe James Titus? :-D

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

That is late, unless they were obligated to get it done for the weekend. People would want their father, uncle, grandfather, son, and etc to have a nicely done lawn when they visit tomorrow. Bless them all.

DogDayAfternoon
Jun '19

Really!! Who cares .. A lot of new mowers come with lights or a light kit.. People need to get things done... Mind your business!!!!

Mr. tone Mr. tone
Jun '19

I think maybe Mr. tone's neighbors need to fire one up and mow at 10PM or so. I mean people need to get things done after all... . It's not really your business that people chose to discuss this and/or joke about it either, but you have the freedom of speech to be a jerk to the people that do. Feel free to mind your own business.

Unless you're in an entirely rural setting like a farm, the lights or light kit are mainly for early Spring or late Fall when it gets dark earlier, but you still need to mow and are within the "noise ordinance" times. I imagine they likely even come with warnings so they (the manufacturer) won't get sued.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

You mean I’ve been mowing against God’s law.

I don’t think any of this mowers neighbors are going to get all up in arms about this. It’s not like the noise is loud enough to raise the dead. But if it did, I bet they could raise a real stink.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jun '19

Most likely their equipment broke down and at this busy time of the year at the repair shops landscapers go first , everyone else back goes to the back of the line . It happened to me before and it could take two weeks or more before your machine is repaired . They might have hired a service which did it after they serviced their regular accounts and at this time of the year with all the rain there aren't enough hours in the day .

97XBAM 97XBAM
Jun '19

Cemeterys are fun at night

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jun '19

I give them credit for getting it done in time for Fathers Day !

steven steven
Jun '19

Just some folks doing what it takes to get the job done that's all. No worries as there are no homes nearby to "bother". Mow away brave ones!! LOL

If the "residents" there don't care why should you.

From what I can gather, the night mowing continues this evening, blazing lights and all. The equipment tuned to operational perfection, blades :razor sharp and tank full of RDJ premium fuel. I know the person doing the mowing and he is probably one of the most dedicated and hard working individuals I’ve ever known. Best to just leave him to do his thing. However, if you want to stop and talk with him, bring a chair and a cup of coffee, you’ll be there a while

Master splinter Master splinter
Jun '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.