Illegal handicap parking

Question, if a cop passes by a vehicle parked in a handicap spot with no placard or special plates, is it not their duty to stop and write a ticket? I've seen this a few times where a patrol car has gone by an obvious violation and doesn't even issue a warning. How can they just ignore it?

chronicallyinpain chronicallyinpain
Jun '19

It's just as bad as customers parking in ASSOCIATE OF THE MONTH RESERVED SPOTS.
"All about ME" attitude.
They need to get tickets too
Lol

Wendy D Cirinelli Wendy D Cirinelli
Jun '19

An assigned parking spot for "Associate of the month"...are you kidding me?!?! I would park in that spot on purpose!

DancerLife
Jun '19

Probably ignored because they couldn't write a low level marijuana arrest. Going after someone handicapped or possibly handicapped not as profitable and lazy as an under 50gram pot bust.

Also, try and prove that a woman parked in the "expecting mother" spot, isn't.

All about You,
Karma will get you with that nasty attitude.
Your a terrible individual.
No respect either.

Jun '19

Is it marked with a "legit" Handicapped sign or is it just painted on the parking lot?
My apartment complex painted spots in the lot. However, without proper signage they aren't legally seen as handicapped spots.

localforlife localforlife
Jun '19

DancerLife, hopefully the associate would see you and she'd be the one to have to ring you up. Good luck getting her to check you out fast or accurately. lmao

HackersShouldDie HackersShouldDie
Jun '19

Lma0, thanks for that feedback, there are a few human beings left.
Your right .......
LMAO....

Jun '19

I can apply for a disability parking permit because of severe back injuries and surgeries.I have not pursued this because I can still walk without assistance.The handicap placards can be bought on the internet cheaply. I take the walk to a retail store to leave handicap spaces open for people who are worse off than me.

murof
Jun '19

Take a picture , with plate showing , e-mail to police department....I bet they would do nothing..

steven steven
Jun '19

If you believe in Karma ( as I do)- just let it go.
It’ll come around.

Stymie Stymie
Jun '19

I think the fine involved should be enough to draw the police

bug3
Jun '19

When I lived on Long Island I was part of a police program where volunteers patrolled looking for just that thing, parking in handicapped spots without a plate or card on the car. We were not allowed to ticket but did issue a warning that their number was recorded and sent to the area police station. Multiple notices generated a police visit with the car owner to warn that tickets $250 or more would be issued. I also had a copy of a cartoon that had a child asking his father, "Why is that car in a handicapped space with no sticker?" The father answers, "But he is handicapped, he has no heart." It is the selfishness of some people that think it's more important to have a close space and not care they are stealing that spot from someone who actually needs it.

The Tin Man is still alive and drives???

If it is in a parking that is private property there isn't any authority to issue a parking summons unless the town has a resolution on tthe books for that parking lot.

C.J. they can tow your car

Bug3
Jun '19

“they can tow your car”

The owner of the property I think, not the police. But the owner can do that for any reason because it’s privately owned property.

Laws or not, why wouldn’t someone respect reserved parking for the handicapped? Only a few seconds of thought to picture yourself in that position should be all that’s needed to leave the spot for those who need it.

justintime justintime
Jun '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.