80 West Closed All Lanes! 6/7

Tractor trailer lost it’s load just before the bridge, occupants trapped! I hope everyone is okay but this is a freaking nightmare!!!

Any updates?

there are a couple bridges on that highway. just sayin'

Left Hackettstown at 2:30 and am still not at exit four yet. The first toll bridge you come to.

More details ?

There was a dog trapped in the rear, German Shepherd. Just read that the dog was freed and suffered only minor injuries. Human occupant was safe too.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '19

Drop south at exit 4 to either portland or belvidere bridge and then work your way back to 80.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jun '19

Friend texted me at 2:00 said it is a fatal accident in the S turns before Delaware Bridge. The overhead signs were flashing about the accident up as I came up 80.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '19

Almost four hours now and not at exit 4! I’m so hungry and running low on gas!

Next time take 46

Bug3
Jun '19

Updates can be found here:

http://511nj.org/

RAS If your near a local road I can bring you some gas.

Someone might know a better way but drop south, exit 4, take Portland Bridge, go straight, top of hill, turn right to Bangor, go thru town to Windgap and hop 33 North to 80. If hungry, cross 80 to mall on 611 for food.

If still almost stopped at exit 4, might be alternative.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jun '19

The problem is the Friday rush to the Poconos plus the commute traffic. As of now the maps show 80 stopped all the was up to 9 mile marker. The exit ramps for 19 and 12 were backed up for a mile onto the highway at 5PM.

“RAS If your near a local road I can bring you some gas.”...from OP

Love it! +1000000

Not liking the sound of this accident, though. Hope you travelers, out there, make it home, safely.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Jun '19

Most if not all major roads surrounding that area are a backed up mess. Most likely it will be closed for many hours. The information I have says a tractor trailer lost a container truck load (or something similar to that like a Pod) and it landed on a minimum of 2 cars. Hopefully everyone is ok, but the person who drove by eastbound said that is not likely. It will most likely be a long wait allaround that area to get into PA even on 46, 611, or any other roads.......so much diverted traffic.

Mel81 Mel81
Jun '19

A++++ OP!!
So nice :)

Really??? Really???
Jun '19

24 min ago:

@NJSP
Following Following @NJSP
More
Multi-vehicle crash on I-80 WB MP 1.2. NJSP responded 1:05 p.m. Minor injuries. Partial lane closures remain for cleanup. Expect delays. No additional information available.

Exit 19 west bound off ramp was very backed up tonight at 5.00 PM.No accident or anything.Thank You to the clown in the silver Mercedes Benz 300 who cut me off at that exit too!

murof
Jun '19

Hi all, thanks for the offers of assistance! Well, we’re almost at our destination as we just stopped for a bite to eat. All told it was five and a half hours to get from exit 19 to 309, via exit 4, to 611 Portland! It was hell but nothing compared to what the crash victims went through. Counting my blessings!

I was at Hope exit at 3:45 - just got home to Mount Bethel at 11:15 - no place to go between exit 12 and 4 west on Rt. 80 - the worst part was getting off 80 at exit 4 to go over to Portland bridge !

Peggy Shanahan Peggy Shanahan
Jun '19

Here the article on the incident. Amazing that no people were injured or killed. Glad the pup will be ok. Great work first reponders!

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/75000-pound-piece-of-equipment-falls-on-top-of-car-on-i-80-trapping-dog-inside/

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

So glad my friend was wrong! She based her text to me on a Facebook post she read, instead of actual news report.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '19

Never trust anything posted on Fakebook.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '19

I am glad the person who gave me my info was wrong as well! Could have been so much worse, and though it was a major inconvenience to many, it makes it worth it knowing everyone was okay!!!

Mel81 Mel81
Jun '19

A 75,000 lb piece of equipment??!!!!??? 75,000???!!!???!!!

Consigliere
Jun '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.