Memorial at cemetery?

I just want to go to the Memorial at the cemetery. About what time does that start? I know the parade starts. at 10:00 am.

Outdoor Woman Outdoor Woman
May '19

It does not take long for the parade to go down Main St. onto Mtn. Ave and to the cemetery gates (kicks off at 10)..People start lining up on both Main St and near the cemetery where it ends at 9:30. If you plan to park somewhere down there...I would be there well before 10..you may have to wait a bit for the parade ceremony at the cemetery but will never get into the cemetery area once the parade starts in town..

joyful joyful
May '19

It does get crowded in that area for sure with spectators as well as folks collecting people who marched in the parade.

I've attended the ceremony there for many years. I'm thinking it is around 11:15-11:30 or so. To tell you the truth though, I never noticed what time it starts.

I drove the veterans for many years down Main St. for the Memorial Parade enroute to the cemetery. We always kicked off at 10 and were inside the cemetery gates I am sure by 10:30 or shortly thereafter. By the time the entire parade is over and all that are participating in the actual ceremony there...it may very well be another half hour or so (making it after 11) by the time the ceremony begins..

joyful joyful
May '19

Thank you all! After my tradition of watching all my combat movies this weekend I would like to go. I have gone to both in the past, but the heat and work has kept me away, and I would like to attend this! I love that the town has been doing these Memorial's. I wish they would do something like this around Veterans day as well.

Outdoor Woman Outdoor Woman
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.