Toyota Care Plus

I'm coming to the end of the 24 month/20,000 mile Toyota Care which was free. They're offering me Toyota Care Plus which goes up to 4 years or 45,000 miles.
Has anyone purchased this and do you think it is worth it. What did it cost? (of course the card they mailed me does not have the price on it.)

happiest girl
May '19

Without any idea of your mileage, No, do not do it. Toyotas are historically reliable. major consumer organization recommend against them.

According to one dealership I'm seeing, it's $329.

It's a newer car on presumably the 10k synthetic oil change / 5k tire rotations.

Roadside assistance is nice if you don't have it anywhere else (AAA, insurance company, etc.). If you do and with a fairly new car, you'll do better without the extra "care" since coupons for the synthetic oil / rotation service are around $60 and they'll really only be doing an extra two changes / 4 rotations.

Schmedley Wilcox Schmedley Wilcox
May '19

I would not consider it............most of these insurance add-ons are rip offs

4catmom 4catmom
May '19

I purchased extended service plan thru credit union, good anywhere ase techs are .
They are only machines, they all break down at some point , I travel a lot , so for me the peace of mind is worth it .

steven steven
May '19

Take the $329 and put it in the bank. Instead of paying ahead, for something that most likely won’t happen, you’ll have it set aside, just in case.
Those extended warranties for cars and other big ticket items are like gambling. They know the odds, the amount to charge and the profitability. The “house” usually wins, right? As far as peace of mind? After reading all the fine print...reasons to NOT reimburse anything, one does not usually get the peace of mind they think they’re getting.
At least if it’s sitting in the bank, there’s money for a repair. No repair needed? After 4 years, you still got the dough. Especially with Toyota’s reputation. Warranties are like all other insurance. Something wrong? Oh well...it’s “not part of your plan, co pays, deductibles, not eligible, car wasn’t maintained, blah, blah blah...” The fighting for a claim is not peace of mind, trust me. I’m no expert, and my crystal ball is broken. Just throwing my view out there to think about. Good luck with the car and everything.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
May '19

This is a prepaid maintenance plan and not an extended warranty.

You’ll need to find out what the cost is, and how much your dealer is charging you for each of the services to determine if it is with it. My guess is it won’t be and you will be better off paying for the individual services as they come up.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
May '19

If you plan on using the dealer, then you do it. You save a few bucks. If you have truck ask if it includes 4x4 service (transfer case, and differentials). I wouldn't do it, because I do my services.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
May '19

Let’s put it this way. I own two Toyota’s that are a combined 26 years old with over 400,000 miles on them and I’d drive them both to California right now. The only thing that went was an alternator on the 2005 Corolla.

Clickonron
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.