If you were to be reincarnated, what would you choose?

If you believed in reincarnation, had a choice of said “after life”, what would you choose?

I ponder this question often. I tend to think there’s nothing, after death, but my heart says something else. Seeing loved ones, in heaven? Nice thought, but how does that work? Are there little coffee tables set up on clouds, where we chat? *sigh*...

Reincarnation seems most plausible, to me, given the other “choices”. At first, I did the math. Figure, we had about a billion people, about 150 years ago, and 7 billion, today. If we are reincarnated as another human, on earth, where did those extra 6 billion souls come from? Waiting period? Another “Goldielocks” planet, where there’s also humans? Or...we come back as a different life form, right back on good ‘ol earth.

If that’s the case, I’d like to return as a macaw, in their natural environment. The average life span is 80 years. There’s lots to eat and have no *natural* predators...except humans, love “intimacy”, not just for procreation, and mate for life. Their life, in the jungle, seems like a very harmonious society.
At first, I thought killer whale, or great white shark, but they are still hunted too much.
So...what, or who would you choose... if given the opportunity?

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
May '19

A Wolverine

Guility- I'll be the tree for you to live out your life. I always said if there is reincarnation I wanted to come back as a tree. To me trees are the most beautiful creation, they give us so much of what we need and a species. If I, as a tree, were to be your home, the likely hood of being cut down is slim. I would give you shelter, exercise, water, food, the list is endless. Yup- I want to come back as a tree.

auntiel auntiel
May '19

A much, much richer version of myself, lol

ianimal ianimal
May '19

A very sensitive subject but since it has become a thread on HL...I actually have always felt that I have lived other lives other than the one I find myself in at the moment. Some of which have been a Sailor in the US Navy who met his demise by drowning on his ship...a woman holding a small naked child in her arms going into the gas chambers during the Halocaust and a Confederate soldier hiding from the enemy under the floor of a farmhouse..and more... After this life, I really would like to be reincarnated as someone with a happy life...Maybe a Beautiful Princess, pampered and living out her life without a care in the world..

joyful joyful
May '19

my dog - or my sister in laws dog. our dogs are spoiled.

skippy skippy
May '19

A lion. They just lay around while the lionesses do all of the work.

Positive Positive
May '19

A hippopotamus!

Booster90 Booster90
May '19

In the world the way it is right now - I would not choose to return

4catmom 4catmom
May '19

Amen 4cat - We've certainly made a mess of it!

htownguy htownguy
May '19

Cormorant. I can swim underwater also fly and walk around on land.

Janster Janster
May '19

I want to fly! Anything that has wings !

Weedwacker Weedwacker
May '19

Jonathan Livingston Seagull...soar to the skies!!!

Towny Towny
May '19

An Orca in a family

Robert J Rowe Robert J Rowe
May '19

Wolf to pay back as my spirit guide has been a wolf

Caged Animal Caged Animal
May '19

Hmm..interesting, thought provoking and funny answers. Thanks guys and gals!

May '19

Everyone alive has been reincarnated as a human..The XX and XY DNA combines and sort of downloads itself into a new being at conception and that blueprint builds a new human including all ancestral memories(instincts etc) and probably even consciousness.
Your brains sorts it out for duplicates and arranges it in an orderly manner. It a way it is defragmented usually while you're asleep.
Consciousness is a sense where you know that you are alive and all of your forebears are in effect still alive in you as you will still be alive in your offspring.
As long as you reproduce you will not suffer a loss of consciousness(death)

Swami Rutola Swami Rutola
May '19

i guess maybe an accountant who hid money or cheated on taxes? that way i could help the other inmates and guards so they liked me? oh, wait a minute, you said reincarnated, i thought it said reincarcerated. never mind.

ken e
May '19

Swami, what?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '19

3wbdwnj

I get what Swami Rutola is saying and in essence I've been saying something similar for years. If you have children, they are essentially the continuation of both you and your spouse. A part of you follows on through them when you pass. I think that's the ultimate truth of Buddhism and some other religions. As long as your family line reproduces, you carry those who came before you in your very essence, your DNA, the structure that is the building block for the next line.

Did you ever wonder why you had leanings towards certain occupations or interests, then later find out that one of your Grandparents or Great-Grandparents followed that particular occupation? People may actually be genetically predisposed towards certain occupations, etc. because their forebears long, long ago found that their body structure, disposition and mental abilities gave them a feel or an inner talent for those occupations.

You never truly die until you pass away having left no descendants. Most of those you carry with you die as well, unless you have siblings.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '19

That's depressing as hell. No kids so when I'm dead I'm dead. So God made me baron, and for that gift I get to die and be DEAD!!. I wonder how big that group is?? Can I still come back as a tree??? After all a tree isn't human, although it is a life. Oh well, I lose. Do me a favor friends while I'm DEAD, plant a tree in my memory. Thanks!!

auntiel auntiel
May '19

Happy Rebirth Day Guilty-Remnant

Don't come back as a bird or a cute bunny. Some evil human will cage you instead of letting you be free!

maja2 maja2
May '19

Does that mean I’ve been “born again”? NOOOoooo.....

ken e...good one! LOL...

Just don’t say happy “afterbirthday”.....yuck!

May '19

@auntiel

Have no fear. Donate your body parts so that they are transplanted into another person(s)
You've probably heard of cases where someone is given a liver for example and they take on some of the characteristics of the donor although they have never met.

Swami Rutola Swami Rutola
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.