boxes for moving

Hey all, where could I get boxes in the local area? We have quite a bit to pack up. Any recommendations are appreciated! Thanks.

John B John B
Apr '19

Bottle King, Shop Rite, Weis etc.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '19

Lowe's, Home-depot, Staples all have them. Also the UPS store, U Haul, as well as some of the Self Storage places in the area.

If you want free very often on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace they are offered free. You can try Bottle King, Shop Rite liquors as well as both Shop Rite and Weiss supermarkets for free boxes.

Grocery stores are your best bet but be sure to talk with them ahead of time so they are set aside. Most stores have box crushers to maximize disposal so if you just show up there may not be any intact.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Apr '19

There are also some big warehouses in town. Most of them have a "truck" day. If you called them ahead of time, I am sure they would set them aside for you. Good Luck! :)

Sunshine Girl Sunshine Girl
Apr '19

Walmart

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Apr '19

hi, Washington Liquors on W Washington Ave gives them away

Call first so they don't break them up first

John, if you still need some I have a bunch.........could be 10 or 20 I didnt count lol Message me on here, using the little envelope and we can make arrangements for you to snag them. Free for the taking, just pass them on when you're done if they are still in shape.

littlelu littlelu
Apr '19

Shop Rite egg boxes are the best!!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't realize how available these all are. I'll also message you directly, littlelu. Much appreciated, everyone.

John B John B
Apr '19

Lowes, HD, and Staples all have moving supply sections in their store. So you might find other goodies you need as well.

keep in mind the regular boxes at Home Depot and Lowes and Staples are el cheapo. Get their heavy-dutiest ones.

scott scott
Apr '19

Buy some packing paper and bubble wrap at Home Depot. Makes packing dishes much quicker.

maja2 maja2
Apr '19

I emailed you back John B

littlelu littlelu
Apr '19

Boxes are on my porch! Anytime you can make it is fine with me..........I'm home all day.

Sent another email.

littlelu littlelu
Apr '19

Thank you very much! Sorry for the delay, work got crazy. I emailed you back and my wife said she had texted you when she was on her way. Thanks again!

John B John B
Apr '19

I know this post is few months old.... Now August! Soes anyone have any MOVING BOXES -- not store ones (liquor store, Shop Rite, Weis).

They don't fit a whole lot & moving boxes tend to have handles. Any would be appreciated... thanks & have great day

Aug'19'Move Aug'19'Move
Jul '19

I have some. Large moving boxes from Lowes, used once. PM me if you would like to pick them up.

hktownie hktownie
Aug '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.