Trampoline

Does anyone know of insurance companies that will cover trampolines?
We’ve had one for the last 13 years we lived here and now our insurance is kicking us off and it is very difficult to find someone that will cover.
We would take it down but my kids live on that trampoline (by that I mean they absolutely love it. They have a bed and a home) ha ha!

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Apr '19

https://www.allstate.com/tr/home-insurance/insurance-trampoline-tree-house.aspx

You can get a rider or convert to a no exclusions policy but it’s more money.

Skippy Skippy
Apr '19

Have Liberty Mutual, we told them we bought one and were putting it in the backyard. They asked if it had the safety net around it and that was it. No problems and no increase.

I don't have a trampoline, but I found Liberty Mutual's home owners rates ridiculous. I signed onto them about 4 years ago...ever since they were raising my rates every single year for no reason....to the point of paying around $1500 a year. I dropped them and went to palisades and saved $500 a year

Darrin Darrin
Apr '19

Travelers and Nationwide I believe have no restrictions on them

How does that work if your mortgage company pays it from escrow? Do you just get a new policy tell them and then cancel the other ?

Skippy Skippy
Apr '19

When I did it my insurance agent handled it all. I got a refund from the old insurance company direct to me (even though my mortgage company had paid it from escrow), which I then in return put what the new policy was going to cost back into my escrow and the mortgage company paid the new insurance once they got the bill.

If you do not put the money for the new policy back into escrow, you will have a escrow deficit at the end of the year and it will throw off your numbers for the next year. I actually beat my mortgage company to the punch...I got a bunch of letters in the mail a few days later....you don't have insurance so we are providing it....oops never mind, we canceled the provided insurance because we see you have insurance.....you need to put money in your escrow to cover new bill....your all good......yup 4 letters all on the same day. I followed up with the mortgage company just in good faith and they confirmed that I had handled it correctly, the letters were just auto-generated notices.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '19

thanks for explaining

skippy skippy
Apr '19

Thank you for all the info. Super helpful. Hopefully this will work and my kids can keep on jumpin’

Apr '19

IF you can get insurance, you are still not protected. Even if parent signs a waiver.

Injured child can sue you when he turns 18.

Thanks everyone for the help. I had a couple people ask me if we had any luck as they were in the same situation. Unfortunately, no matter who you go to they are going to up the price, A LOT!
Best we found was Nationwide. It was a better deal to switch homeowners and car insurance over to them. However, we are looking at a bump of $400 a year more.
Happy jumping!!!

May '19

Boredom comes quick, I see the larger trampolines rotting away in backyards all the time sometimes large weeds and small trees growing around them.

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.