Juanito's in Washington

I tried to comment on the previous thread, but it was closed to comments. I'm so glad that it has been 5 years and they are still going strong.

Definitely the best Mexican restaurant in the area. Excellent service, reasonable prices and delicious food. The portions are generous and we have left overs for lunch tomorrow.

If you haven't tried it yet, do yourself a favor and do so.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '19

a little gem hidden in Washington.good food good service.its the real deal

Too bad nothing vegetarian.

happiest girl
Apr '19

C'mon happiest girl. I'm going to try this place now, I love authentic Mexican food. Every restaurant cannot cater to your specific needs. It's not in the culture cater to those needs nor should they shy away enough to give you a bite. You chose your lifestyle, you are the one to have to work around it.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Apr '19

Better than Don Jose in Netcong?

That would be a tall order...prolly not.

ru - I think so.

I forgot to note that it's BYOB.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '19

Juanito's is great! Haven't been there in a while - glad it's still good!

happiest girl, My husband is a Vegetarian for 30+ years. When we go to Juanitos they accommodate him with a Vegetarian Burrito, and it's very good. The owner's wife worked at Don Jose years ago. Ask for the Veggie Burrito. I'm guessing they could/would do the same with a Fajita, but have not asked.

Mrs. Pipes```` Mrs. Pipes````
Apr '19

The salsa is good. The food feels like it is made a little slower than Don Jose. Anyway, a great straightforward Mexican joint. Hackettstown needs an equivalent.

The owner’s wife? Hmmmm. I thought he was the owner’s husband :-). Or maybe Juanito is the real mastermind.....

Been going for years, love the people, love the food, love that Juanito is growing up strong! We love the Fundido, just saying it is grandido but it is very fillingido. We often have to split an entree after that..... i think their salsa has gotten better too.

Like the place at the High Bridge train station too, it’s a bit different but great booths. Liquor store nearby too.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Apr '19

Yesimpc--
LOL ..... do you know anything about Mexican food?

Plenty of "authentic" Mexican food is vegetarian. Ever been to Mexico City? They have vegetarian AND vegan restaurants.
As Mrs Pipes said (thank-you Mrs Pipes) they made a vegetarian burrito.
I contacted Juanitos and they will make vegetarian & vegan versions of menu items. They even said their refried beans are vegetarian as they do not contain lard.

In Mexico City some of the best fillings for tacos are vegetarian, like the fried cauliflower fritters, the fried fritters made from steamed leafy greens & cheese, cooked cactus stems, etc.

happiest girl
Apr '19

I make vege quesadillas that are fantastic. Always a crowd pleaser.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Apr '19

Good green cactus salsa is the best. Hard to find...

100% Juanito's ! I believe they worked at Don Jose's before opening up in Washington. In any case the food is very good. Small, free municipal lot is 1/2 block down the block for great parking. Hate to recommend because it is such a great place, and don't want to be crowded out. They work hard and deserve the credit.

USAfirst USAfirst
Apr '19

When you're finished eating at Juanitos, go next door and get a cupcake for dessert from Alies.
:)

happiest girl
Apr '19

At that point I would vomit :)

You don't know how to live!
Besides, you take it home and eat it at night with your choice of beverage.
:)

happiest girl
Apr '19

I gave this place five stars on my Google review.

Geeey Geeey
Apr '19

The food is delicious, and the coffee is good, but the Tres Leches cake is AMAZING!!!

MtBethel MtBethel
May '19

Finally made it there last night for the first time it was absolutely awesome

Hadenough Hadenough
Aug '21

Love Juanito’s! Just wish they had outdoor seating!

Sport
Aug '21

Agreed, Sport.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '21

Juanito's is very good Mexican. An above poster is correct, the owner worked at Don Jose in Netcong before opening Juanito's in Washington. We also wish they had an area for outdoor seating.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Aug '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Juanito's in Washington
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.