Weasel

Has anyone experienced a weasle in this area?

Are you speaking about a person that may be a weasel or an actual weasel? LOL

I have not seen one in our area but perhaps they are around.

There are weasels in the area. I have them on my property. I have seen them on two occasions, hear them screaming on a fairly regular basis and one attacked my chickens. So yup, there are weasels. Fisher cats are making a comeback as well. They are part of the weasel family, about the size of a house cat.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Apr '19

Re: Weasel

Oh no! You may have a serious problem!

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '19

I've seen a Fisher cat on 57 by home Depot. Unfortunately it was ran over.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Apr '19

Hahahahahahaha it is a rat squirrel - jk we were eye to eye for a long time until he killed the big chipmunk - it was smaller and very strong -
Creepy

I've seen fishers back Waterloo Road. It wouldn't surprise me to see a weasel as well.

I have seen a few minks in the great meadows area

Someone’s escaped ferret?

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '19

Wow... You're right GPS!

I was driving to work this morning, and saw a dart looking thing go across the street...that bewildered me, since I never say anything like that before!

...it definitely wasn't a squirrel, nor a rat. ....fast, skinny, wondered what it was.

Then just dismissed it from this forum since I didn't see any pictures.
[and I already know a couple or two 'weaseling people' in my area, @Greg --- glad you/your area is safe on that note {lol!}]

So, to make this long story short, it took me to google what a NJ Weasel looks like, and, ta-da, that's it!!! a "Long Tailed Weasel"

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/longtailedweasel.htm

https://www.google.com/search?biw=902&bih=896&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=G9iwXJK8H-6f_QbynYCYAQ&q=Weasels+in+New+Jersey&oq=Weasels+in+New+Jersey&gs_l=img.3..0i24.6009.6338..6627...0.0..0.51.98.2......0....1..gws-wiz-img.mm8EniF9Jyw

Thanks passing the info, as always :)

ftcfda@aol.com ftcfda@aol.com
Apr '19

That’s it! It’s evil! Hisses and eats chipmunks!

That looks like a red fox

Bug3
Apr '19

Nope- no red foxes here - here's one - recently in rehab - now freed back to the woods

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '19

I was on airport road today and saw what I thought was a weasel, now I'm thinking maybe Fisher? He was dark brown, beautiful coat and tail, looked very healthy, moved fast.
He was on the west side of the road between Winchester and Kenley.

Martn Grant Martn Grant
Jun '19

Martin, weasels are about the size of a ferret or a little smaller. A fisher is about the size of a house cat. I attached a photo of a fisher, they are making a comeback in the area.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Jun '19

Definitely a Fisher then, larger and more full bodied than a ferret.About the same size as a large cat. Dark brown, beautiful full coat and tail.

Martn Grant Martn Grant
Jun '19

I just hope a fisher doesn’t take up residence in my yard, the weasels are bad enough.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Jun '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.