LOST CAT - HELP! From Highview Terrace area (FOUND)

Named Cookie - Black and White (Tuxedo) with identifying black mark on nose (like hitler mustache, small slice on left ear). Gentle, shy. 9 yrs old, ~15 lbs. Slipped out of collar and house. Chipped.

Missing since 3/25/19. Flyers posted. Potential last sighting corner of Hemlock and Walter Sts, Mansfield on 03/27. Possible new sighting yesterday (4/4) Fish Hatchery area. Have contacted Animal Control, Common Sense for Animals, Happy Tails, Hackettstown Animal Hosp, Fish Hatchery.

Hoping for any news: 908-295-6284. Thanks

Donna Reynolds Donna Reynolds
Apr '19

Is this it - listed as found here in the forum??
We found this young cat last night on the side of the road on Hope Road in Great Meadows, by Sts. Peter and Paul Church.
The cat is black and white, with a black nose. I'll try to post the picture again.

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '19

Is it the one from KDO's post 2 days ago?

Scott Scott
Apr '19

Re: LOST CAT - HELP!  From Highview Terrace area (FOUND)

Hmmm, can't see that picture very well. Here is they flyer.

I saw the other post with the black and white whose whole nose was black, and that is not him.

Apr '19

Cookie's nose is white, with a black tip. That other cat has an all black nose. (hope his owner finds him soon!)

Here is a closer picture of Cookie's face.

Thanks for all the responses!

Apr '19

close up

Apr '19

I just saw this cat by hometown hardware. Main St.. Hackettstown

Hickory Dog Hickory Dog
Apr '19

Thanks, Hickory Dog, really appreciate the photo and heads-up. I went and checked a 2-3 block radius handing out flyers and asking to post at businesses. That is not him- too much black on top--he has white chest and legs and black tail with white tip - but I was told that there are numerous B/W cats in that area. Many thanks for the tip, will go back after dark and check again when traffic is less. THANK YOU!

Apr '19

The sighting at the hatchery, was it the part next to Mansfield village/57 or closer to the high school?

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Apr '19

The information I received indicated the apartment side. Sighting was from a distance, so it could have been another B/W cat, as have been most of the other sightings. Please keep in mind that Cookie's chest and legs are mostly white, and the tip of his tail. White and pink nose, with black spot on the very tip. I hope these details help distinguish him.

There seems to be an abundance of B/W 'Tuxedo' colored cats in the area. I really appreciate the effort by everyone to send info and clarify details.

Thank you.

Apr '19

Not sure how much you have read of advice given for other lost cats, so this may be repetitive. Try putting his litter box and some of your clothing outside, which may help him find his way home.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Apr '19

Hi, Lonesome Dove. Thank you! I have heard that suggestion, and always good to repeat again.

He is mostly indoor/some outdoor - weather permitting, and he's shy. I have food and his favorite towel outside and under cover from the elements. Will add my T-shirt!

Apr '19

I also put one of his beds outside protected near the door... Thanks for all the suggestions.

Apr '19

I hope you find her. She's probably being fed by 1 special person and m aybe more. Keep the Faith!!

Hackresident Hackresident
Apr '19

Hi Hackresident. Thank you! Several others have mentioned this as well, that he may not be far, and possibly some kindly person is keeping him safe. Since he slipped his collar, they would not realize that he is not a stray. Meanwhile, I continue to post flyers throughout the neighborhood, call and visit local shelters and animal hospitals and remain hopeful that he will be returned!

Apr '19

Those posted flyers will help tremendously. someone will spot the poster that knows your Cookie. :-)

Apr '19

Hi Forum Folks,

Thank you fall for your encouragement, tips and possible sightings. Cookie is still not home yet, and I have heard from some really wonderful folks who 'tend' the local cat colonies, and continue to receive 'sighting' phone calls. I remain hopeful, and wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who is keeping an eye out.

In the process, I have collected quite a number of pictures of other missing pets (from both flyers and live photos), and am attempting to reunite the strays that come in my yard with their owners. So it all comes around full circle. Thank you for this supportive community!

Apr '19

If the B&W cat that could be yours was sited at HomeTown Hardware on Main Street, contact Valley Auto (Ted) and talk to him about your cat. He may know where he is. (908) 852-4434.

call Ted anyhow and ask him if this wasn't your cat above outside of the Hardware Store! He may have spotted yours.

Apr '19

Thank you, Hackresident,

I had already gone to speak with Ted at the Auto Shop the following Monday, left a flyer, and stopped back the following week. I also walked around a 2 block area, and went to East Plane Vet Hosp up the street, spoke with receptionist and posted a flyer there. Since Cookie likes water I went to Hertz and the Auto Shop across from E. Plane Vet, as well as NAPA, and the park across the street following the stream and a tip from another caller. I will circle back again tomorrow, just in case! Thanks for the encouragement!

Apr '19

You passed out flyers yesterday in my area of town. I praying you find your cat.

Kelly Kelly
Apr '19

Thanks, Kelly. I am following the 'path' of the phone calls that I receive for sightings, trying to get ahead of him so new sightings might already have received the flyer. If, indeed, it is him folks who call are seeing. Appreciate your prayers for this.

Apr '19

Update: I have received 3 calls tonight from the Moore St/Monroe St/Church St area. Sightings have ranged from a cat fitting Cookie's description being in backyards to resting on someone's couch on their front porch. All report that he seems to have a collar on, red or pinkish. (to me that means that possibly someone has been caring for him and took him in as a stray).

I went to check it out, saw some B/W cats, but not him. Spoke with a few neighbors, and left some flyers on porches. It was nearly dark, so will post more flyers in the early morning before work.

Huge heartfelt 'Thank You' to all who have seen the flyer and taken the time to notice a cat that fits his description.

May '19

why don't you call that agency that helps get animals back. a few people on here used them . I think "Romeo" the black German Shepard used that agency, along with a cat and maybe another dog.

look up "Romeo".

May '19

Hadn't heard of this, you are the first to mention it. Appreciate the lead. Will look up 'Romeo'. Thanks Hackresident.

May '19

and then there's this -perhaps one of the sightings was this cat: Lost cat
A male black & white cat got loose from her owner at Hackettstown Animal Hospital's parking lot this morning. He was last seen behind the hospital heading towards River Road. If anyone sees him please contact the Hospital

Hackettstown Animal Hospital
908-852-3166

4catmom 4catmom
May '19

Hi 4catmom. Thanks, I saw that last night, and went to visit Hackettstown Hosp this morning. No poster created yet, but they may have it posted on their FB page later today, and were planning to set have-a-heart traps later today behind their office. Thank you very much for your time, and for the lead! So many helpful folks here on the forum!
Best regards,

May '19

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/cat-reunited-with-family-after-going-missing-for-475-days/vi-AAALYIS

Keep the Faith.

May '19

https://m.facebook.com/groups/591884037495096?ref=bookmarks

Maybe?

Dadof3
May '19

Can't see that link, but YES! Jessica called me and it is COOKIE! He is found, and well and we just got back home.

THANK YOU ALL FOR JUST BEING ON THIS THREAD AND COMING TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY. I cannot thank you all enough, my heart is overflowing tonight that my beloved cat is back home!
-Donna

May '19

Great news Donna! Glad to hear Cookie is back home.

So happy to read this.....great news

4catmom 4catmom
May '19

Terrific news. God Bless U and Cookie

Donna,

how far was Cookie from home? Thank the Lord that you have your cat back!

Post a picture for us. :-)

May '19

this has away been a good thing to read (FOUND)the people of this area go the mile to help

Caged Animal Caged Animal
May '19

Fantastic news!

Positive Positive
May '19

Nice!! We can all rest easy again. Tuna for everyone!!!

White Shoes White Shoes
May '19

Hi All,

Yes, we do indeed have a wonderful community that looks out for each other. I am so happy to call Hackettstown/Mansfield my home. And again, wish to express my deepest gratitude to the dozens of people who contacted me in some way during the search.

Cookie was found about about 2.5 miles from home (by car), and looking at the map, probably a little over 1 mile in a straight line. He was a little weak, was down about 3 lbs, and seemed disoriented, yet in the last 1.5 weeks he has come around and his gentle personality is shining through again.

Here he is, comfortable enough to stretch out and begin to relax back into being home.

May '19

Poor guy.

So happy for you and your baby!

Positive Positive
May '19

Donna:

Did you bring Cookie to the Vet's office for Sub-Q fluids (under the skin) for dehydration??

May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.