Organic nut butters sold at Shop Rite recalled

Organic nut butters sold at Shop Rite recalled over listeria fears:
https://www.nj.com/news/2019/04/organic-nut-butters-sold-at-shop-rite-recalled-over-listeria-fears.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '19

Thanks for this info. I buy them all the time. I wonder if it is also for the non-organic ones too. The picture in the article is of a non-organic jar. !!??!!

happiest girl
Apr '19

My nut butter is still perfectly fine... not that anyone cares at this point.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '19

Check your pantries. Not many people saw this recall for almond butter. My friend texted it to me.

I can't open this link above. what brand almond butter is it, just curious? is it a shop rite brand---wonder if Walmart or Weiss sells it too.

Hackresident Hackresident
Apr '19

Hackresident - They are the Shoprite only "Wholesome Pantry" brand of organics. There is sunflower, sesame, and cashew as well as the almond:

"The following spreads packed in 16 ounce plastic jars, with best by dates of June 2020 and earlier, were recalled; Organic Creamy Salted Almond Butter, Organic Creamy Unsalted Almond Butter, Organic Unsalted Sunflower Butter, Organic Tahini Butter and Organic Cashew Butter."

Since I scanned my Shop Rite card I was notified of this by recorded phone message about a month ago. When I tasted the Sunflower seed butter (about a week before the call) I noticed it tasted "off" from the normal "Sun Butter" that I buy and didn't eat any more of oit, especially since my stomache didn't feel very good afterwards.

I took the SR sunflower seed butter back without a receipt and told them I'd gotten a phone call to return it and they gave me a refund right on the spot.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.