Full box spring disposal

I have a good quality full size box spring that we don’t want anymore. Anyone know how it get rid of it?

Bring it to the recycling dump on Rt 31 by Tilcon.

Put it out with the rest of your trash. Your hauler will take it and charge you accordingly. The charge is not much more than they charge you at the dump. It is not recycled. Last I had heard from my hauler, the Tilcon site was full and closed. Temporarily the hauler is going to PA waiting for the Warren Co facility to open which can't happen until the Covanta site is complete with the closing.

Thanks GC.

Went to the dump Friday with an old mattress and other junk was open no problem

eapos eapos
Mar '19

Spring cleanup is coming April 19, 20.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '19

Just break it down and put it in the garbage can. A sharp blade and a hand saw should be all you need.

not sack
Mar '19

Tie it to your auto roof and bring it to habitat for humanity on route 57 in Washington nj.

Robert J Rowe Robert J Rowe
Mar '19

Eapos-me too. I'm going again tomorrow.

GC-?? Its Warren county recycling, its not Tilcon. That's up the road.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Mar '19

Botheredbyuu2

I had mentioned it was near (hence the word "by") the Tilcon plant, not Tilcon itself.
So silly :)

http://pcfawc.com/

This is the website for the Warren County landfill.

I'm confused about the Tilcon reference. I guess it's simply because Tilcon is in the same area and has a sign out by the turn on Rt31?

Directions to the landfill would be RT 31 to Quarry Road then right onto Pisgah Ave to the scale house. Also in that area is Tilcon as well as Covanta energy.

Its open for business. I was just there.

AJMS -GC said Tilcon.

Mar '19

It’s not only open, we got two scales now. I would say less waiting, but not true. Easier though.

Rules: base fee about $10, so if you clear that, you spent lowest $$ per pound. Can take recycle, including tires and not pay the weight so if you do, you can drop/pay for refuse, tell them you got recycle when you pay, circle around to the right of the scale and drop the recycle off and skadaddle.

Saturday rates are much higher. Unfair but true.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Mar '19

Saturday is $40 flat rate for trucks, SUVs. So fill it to the top. If its a small load, they will weight you, so you won't pay $40 for a little bit.

Mar '19

That weekend price would cover about 1,000 lbs during the week; unless you hauling solid wood or metal; that’s a lot. Whereas during the week, the $10 buck minimum covers 200 lbs and then about $1 per 25lbs after that.

I’m betting box springs less than 200lbs.

Mar '19

$10 minimum is if you use debit or CC card. You have to pay cash if your load cost under $10.

OP-cut it up and dispose of it that way. That's what I did.

Mar '19

Think we are polishing a turd here but since I always pay cash, guess I always have just over 200lbs when I pay ten and change...

Never been charged less than ten; didn’t think they could go below the minimum

Point was weekend more expensive.

FYI: the glassman who kept the lot clear is not doing it as well. Lots of glass my past two visits. Used to be very clean.

Mar '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.