Please !! Help unmute my TV

I have Fire Stick TV. The other night in the upper left corner of my LG TV screen a White Mute Icon with an X appears out of nowhere!!! There Is No Sound for Regular TV programs but there is sound for movie apps. The LG TV Remote has a Mute Button but it appears in lower right corner of TV. It will not get rid of this White Mute Icon in upper left corner and unmute sound. The Fire Stick remote does not have a Mute Button. I have unplugged the TV etc. but White Mute Icon still pops up. I have no idea what the %$#@ happened LOL !
Can someone please give me HELP !! It's March Madness in more ways than one !!
Thank you

Eddie Eddie
Mar '19

I'm not sure however if you google that question, scores of pages come up explaining how to resolve the issue. It appears to be something with the dolby setting.

try this

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3866257-crossed_out_speaker_symbol_lg_screen_go

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Mar '19

Thank you Greg and GreyHawk but I still have the problem of no sound
And mysteriously the situation is on the TV in my Bedroom also !! I have an LG in LR and a Sanyo in BR Crazy situation Going to try Cable TV instead of Firestick to see if that resolves issue UGH !!!

Eddie Eddie
Mar '19

If you don't have a Firestick in the bedroom as well that would point to a cable provider issue. It may be worth a shot to call customer service to see if they can attempt to determine what is going on. I have had some success with Comcast in the past with troubleshooting issues.

Really strange for sure.

Have you tried other inputs on the tv? Is there another HDMI port for the fire stick?

Bug3
Mar '19

Call your cable company. I hit something by accident and it turned on the hearing captioned for the deaf with words at the bottom of the screen that included 'audience claps', 'audience laughs'. I knew I hit one of the remote control buttons by accident. and called the cable company who finally figured it out!

Hackresident Hackresident
Mar '19

press the mute button

not this kid not this kid
Mar '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.