Petsmart puppy training

I'm thinking about signing my new puppy up for classes at the Mt Olive location . Has anyone tried it? Was it worth it? Thanks in advance!

Newpuppymama Newpuppymama
Mar '19

You do know that it's a violation here to be a new puppy mama and not post a pic of the the little one, right? ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Hahaha! That was cute, Calico. I saw it also...right there in terms and agreements. Ok, newpuppymomma....the pressures on. :-)

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Mar '19

Re: Petsmart puppy training

My bad! Here she is. But seriously- has anyone taken the course?

Mar '19

Adorable. Hopefully someone has some info on the class.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Ahh- soo cute when they are tiny and look at you like that.

We are starting my puppy in classes soon, but not at the trade zone, so I have no advice to give.

Cute little guy! A photo on the potty huh? LOL

I had a friend use those folks to train his Rhodesian Ridgeback about 5 years ago. I attended two classes with him. I felt it was not the best scenario. Too unorganized with not enough information and technique being discussed. I recall the instructor a bit more interested in soliciting his services privately for "guaranteed" results. With that said it clearly depends on the individual instructor. Sadly, Nike was never really trained too well. I blame my friend in great part as he never continued any training other than when at the store. As most dog owners know, dog training requires a solid commitment and patience. A trainer or class is simply a template to follow for the human end of the leash to implement in my opinion.

I highly recommend St Huberts for training.... Madison was a little far, but worth it... I think they told me they have classes at Animal Hospital of Roxbury too.

momof2 momof2
Mar '19

We looked into training our boy there and personally felt for the class size and space was not ideal sceneio for training. We took him to a school in Chester. We felt the training there was wonderful! We learned so much and continue to use what we Leared on a daily basis.

MomoFGirZrule MomoFGirZrule
Mar '19

Could you tell me the name of the place in Chester, we would like to continue to train, but Madison is too far to go weekly. Thanks.

momof2 momof2
Mar '19

Top Dog in Flanders is great, as well.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '19

^^^ yes! Top Dog School :) sorry! Not sure why had “ Chester” on my mind

http://www.topdogobedience.com

MomoFGirZrule MomoFGirZrule
Mar '19

I would stay away from the box stores and I also recommend top dog in Flanders

Hadenough Hadenough
Mar '19

We used Top Dog for our girl and it was great for her and us. Leela is our first dog and needed guidance with training her.
She’s a good girl, though she did take off after something the other night and messed up her feet on the rocks, etc out in the woods.

Blackcat Blackcat
Mar '19

My sister used PetSmart for training and was very happy with the results. She did beginner through advanced with her dog who was under a year and he became very well-trained and well-behaved.

Wow! Thanks for all the advice!

Mar '19

We did puppy kindergarten at PetSmart in Mt. olive with our Jack Russell (3 months old at the time). We loved it. I felt they did a great job.

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
Mar '19

I trained my dog out of PetsMart years ago. It all depends on the trainer. The trainer we had was wonderful and my dog went from the least well behaved to most improved! Meet the trainer and give it a shot. Good luck.

Friendly mcface Friendly mcface
Mar '19

I would highly recommend Darlene Gilmartin. I have a 2 year old pit and decided she need a friend, so I adopted a pitbull/boxer mix from a rescue. Well.....Lets just say the little guy needed some training. She is amazing.
908-310-6352

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.