Celebration of Easter

Hi, just wondering what everyone is doing for Easter this year.
We usually have ham and start gardening.

Also the car washes at home begin.

Day in the life, ya know.

Anyone care to comment, thanks,
Wonderful time of year.

I’m hoping that someone else hosts or that we make plans that don’t involve a lot of effort on my part. I know we will go to church in the evening, but that’s a typical Sunday for us so no changes there. I might drive to NY to see my mom during the day, but hubs and the kiddo will stay back here. I think the daytime plans are really going to depend on the weather for us.

Antimony Antimony
Mar '19

We will be in Florida this Easter. The day before Easter our son is getting married and then we are spending a few days after (including Easter Sunday) with our daughter and her husband who also live in Florida..

joyful joyful
Mar '19

I wish Easter was earlier. The town wide garage sale is the weekend afterwards so I know we'll be busy bees preparing. We like to do a "preview" sale but I can't see that happening Easter weekend. Don't know that Palm Sunday weekend makes any more sense, and afterwards doesn't always work out.

For a meal it will just be a small meal for two. (OK, actually two plus Kitty & Witty who will probably eat as much as the humans do...) What ever Shoprite is giving away during the promotion, plus a couple of sides.

I hope more people besides me (people who consider themselves Christians, anyway) remember what Easter is REALLY all about... the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. And reflect on that event accordingly.

Yes, we will also have the family gathering, and a 1st birthday in the family too! But for many, Easter isn't just about bunnies and colored eggs and baskets filled with candy. Not criticizing that stuff, it's all good fun.

For those who don't believe, nothing to see here, move along.... ;)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '19

joyful, best of luck to your son and his bride-to-be. sheanimal and I also got married on Holy Saturday... 12 years later, so far, so good (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '19

I'm not religious. I was raised in the church but long ago decided that it wasn't for me. However, the family and I still celebrate Easter in the name of tradition, and a great excuse to get together with family. Plus, my young children do enjoy the fun little "easter bunny" lore, although they don't truly believe in him, it's fun for us all to watch them tear into their baskets in the morning.

HarmonySun HarmonySun
Mar '19

I don't do Easter. I'm not sure which is more far fetched, the Easter Bunny or Jesus.

For those who celebrate, enjoy.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

At least you're an equal opportunity offender, I can appreciate that ;)

Now, if you'd just stop celebrating Christmas.... I mean, REALLY... a fat guy in a red suit flying around the world??? Preposterous!

Mar '19

"Now, if you'd just stop celebrating Christmas.... I mean, REALLY... a fat guy in a red suit flying around the world??? Preposterous!"

We don't really do Christmas either. We've never had a tree or decoration in my house. We do go to family for dinner, but that's really it.

"Then why post anything, damn you have to put your 2 cents on everything.. really annoying"

Why? Because I can. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

AJMS...why don't you post a "whole 'nother topic" on the subject. I would really like that. Wanna go for it? What are you doing for Easter this year?

Angela Angela
Mar '19

How many Easter threads are needed?

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Why not start your own forum for oxford/ landfill area and get off this one...

Robster
Mar '19

Robster you are not sounding very Christian at all today. Jesus would not be so snarky ya know. But he forgives you.

maja2 maja2
Mar '19

LOL maja.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

"We don't really do Christmas either. We've never had a tree or decoration in my house. We do go to family for dinner, but that's really it."

Wow, definitely consistent. But I find that sad, I mean, not even the whole santa-christmas songs- kids anticipating toys-etc thing? That sounds very sad to me. (again, not criticizing, but I think you are the only person I know who grew up like that... I'll bet it's quite rare?)

Mar '19

JR - To be clear, when I said "my house", I meant adulthood. I grew up with a Christmas tree and all that stuff. I just chose not to continue it as an adult. Again, for all who celebrate, enjoy!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

I love Christmas, really, but just once I'd like to skip it entirely !

htownguy htownguy
Mar '19

Angela, don't get your vibe. Not sure of your meaning, to be fair,
Maybe start one of your own ?

Enjoy, bonny bunnies!

Funny, when I was a kid, I could only say "bonny" and not
"bunny"... time marches on :)

Does anyone know of any Easter brunches in the area. Preferably a buffet. Checked Minebrooks website but didn't see anything. Looking for ideas.

Samiam Samiam
Mar '19

Architect's Golf Club in Lopatcong is doing Easter Brunch this year. Never been to one but I've been to their Mother's Day Brunch twice and it was excellent both times...

https://www.thearchitectsclub.com/easter

ianimal ianimal
Mar '19

Architects Easter brunch is wonderful. We go every year. They have a large selection of breakfast foods with an omelet station and a other more lunch dishes. They also have a big dessert bar with a chocolate fountain. Always the kid’s favorite part.

Thanks ianimal and Buzz! Will check it out!

Samiam Samiam
Mar '19

1+ for Architects

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Mar '19

Almond Tree Manor 08865 may have brunch as well as Old Mill Inn Bedminster Check it out.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.