2019 NFL Season

The combine is over, free agency starts next week and the draft is next month. That means it's time to start talking about the 2019 NFL season!!!!

Several "experts" are predicting that the Eagles will take RB Josh Jacobs in the first round. I'm not so sure about that.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Yuk.... way too much drama in the NFL for me right now. I'm not even going to think about football until after the draft.

I find speculation about who your team's going to draft to be a waste of time... plus this nonsense has given Mel Kiper and Todd McShay a platform from which to annoy me to no end.

That's why I just bought a video game... to get me through until MLB Opening Day (-;

Why people wanna wath Days Of Our NFL fake football is beyond me..

I lied. I thought about the NFL this morning.

OBJ to the Browns, AB to the Raiders and Le'Veon to the Jets... serves them all right, lol.

Enjoy losing, scumbags... at least OBJ has some practice at it with the G-men and he's probably got the most upside with Baker Mayfield at QB. Cleveland may be on a bit of an upswing... but then again, it's Cleveland... so it will eventually go horribly wrong.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

It amazes me that people still care about the NFL. Having grown up watching games from mid 70's there is no way to take this league seriously anymore. It's become what professional wrestling has become, a big fat joke. Mediocre talent and just a bad product in general. If it weren't for the rampant degenerate gambling that surrounds this league it would have buried itself long ago.

You could take the worst team in the league right now, transport them back to the '70s and they would win five Super Bowls in a row.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

I just want to see footballers run the Million Dollar Mile. Tebow gonna be taking a knee fer sure.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
1 week ago

WTF is the $MDM?

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

It's all about Fantasy Football guys. Makes up for everything lol.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
1 week ago

Which rules will those teams be playing by?
How competitive will todays teams be against the 70's teams if the game were played with 70's rules?
I'll take the 70's teams with 70's rules.

Exactly CBGB today's teams with yesteryears rules. No contest. 1975 Steeler team would dominate the Browns (worst team in the league) of today.

In the '70s, the average offensive lineman was 6'-3" and 255 pounds. Today, the average lineman is 6'-5" and 315 pounds and runs a sub-5 40-yard dash. The rules don't matter; they apply to both equally. Speed, size and athleticism does. Plus, today's offensive schemes would be especially unstoppable against the slow, small players of yesteryear. You guys are kidding yourselves.

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

ianimal, while I agree that today's player is a much better athlete than those of yesteryear, I'm not sure about the "unstoppable" part.

How good will OBJ be with Lester Hayes hanging all over him and Jack Tatum taking head shots at him? How many times does Brady want to get hit by Ben Davidson, Fred Dryer, or Jack Youngblood. I think that the "pro-defense" rules of that era would make things a little closer.

On the other hand, I don't see "Roger the Dodger" being able to get away from Rashan Gary, and he's not even a pro yet!

(as an aside, I've completely lost interest in an NFL. They're overpaid entertainers...and I don't find it entertaining anymore)

Talk to me about the NFL after the World Series. The NFL as it is today is pretty much irrelevant in my life. I am not a Jet or Giant fan so do not buy in to the soap operas about them in the papers.

Johnny Foosball is coming to the Memphis Express of the AAF . Isn't that Calico's team ?At 1-5 and 4 games left too late to save the season unless 5-5 does it . Yesterday's Orlando - Arizona game went right down to the wire . First loss for Orlando - great game for the upstart league .

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26283668/manziel-play-singletary-aaf-express

The point that today's NFL athletes are far superior regarding size, strength and speed is well taken. You can see the progression quite starkly when you look at track and field results, where it is all black and white and no gray … heck, back in 1972 in college when I was disappointed about finishing third in a hurdles race, a coach told me I would have won the Olympic gold medal in 1928. Small consolation.

Anyhow, I still think a guy like Dick Butkus, crazy and intense as he was, would have been the best at his position today, even better than Ray Lewis … you can't underestimate a guy with drive and heart.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
5 days ago

On any given Sunday....

Sometime it ain’t about size, strength, or even strategy.

There’s really no way to tell.

However, today’s Redskins would flub it up for sure :-)

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
5 days ago

"Isn't that Calico's team ?"

Yes, ugh! Is it too late to switch? ;-) They are terrible and I can't stand Johnny Football.

Calico696 Calico696
5 days ago

People deserve a chance at redemption, but there is a limit to it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
5 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: 2019 NFL Season
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.