Biker Gang

My husband and his riding buddies are looking for a bad-ass name for their "gang." Any ideas?

PS- They're Irish, like to drink beer and all ride Harleys (for inspiration ideas!)

kelleo22 kelleo22 Message kelleo22
Jan '09

bwahahahahaha....

oh wait, this is serious?

i mean serious in a funny way right?

green hogs

muffin muffin Message muffin
Jan '09

Potato Heads!

Firefly Firefly Message Firefly
Jan '09

What a minute!

Rides Harley's
Irish
Drinks Beer

Any Single guys around 45 - 55 in that group???

Jan '09

Ummm... make sure that your husband and his buddies know that there are real biker gangs in the area before they get cutesy and start wearing patches on their jackets. Could be a bad career choice...

ianimal ianimal Message ianimal
Jan '09

MLC, Mid Life Crisis.

sockmania sockmania Message sockmania
Jan '09

Nice...I like MLC!!!

JustGlorious
Jan '09

Ahh... bikers arent so bad..;)

mom of 3 mom of 3 Message mom of 3
Jan '09

Yeah, I dont think it is a good idea to be honest. I know three groups still around here inless he is really thinking of getting into the true "biking life"...all joking aside

Don't do it
Jan '09

How about H-Town Lifers ?

Collegeview Rider Collegeview Rider Message Collegeview Rider
Jan '09

a gee i guess you don't know much about bikers. it sounds like they are a b unch of wanna be bikers. a word of advice their is alot of REAL BIKERS GANGS out there so if i were you i would be careful. they dont mess around thats for sure. maybe someone needs to take some meds

katybug
Jan '09

A better word would be, "motorcycle club", not "gang".

Jan '09

These are not motorcycle gangs.

http://www.njmce.com/clubs.html

Jan '09

Neither was the "Mom and Pop" club that had the Mountain Ave. shootout/stabbing brawl.

Scoresman
Jan '09

Yeah, they are all called Clubs.....there are even charity clubs but behind the scenes are the kind of "gang" you dont want to mess with. Why do they need a name. Just say ok Sunday at 11am meet here and then go ride. I personally thinking adding a title is stupid. You better look it to colors, symbols and all cause if there is another gang/club and you start wearing the wrong thing its trouble.

No bikers are not that bad as far as the public, talking club vs club

Don't do it
Jan '09

that mom and pop club, wasn't that the pagans?

Jan '09

"Gang" is bad choice of words! Most gangs are a joke. However, some are the real deal and can cause you some problems! I would call it a "club". As for your name idea....... how about "Wanna B's"!

Rayray
Jan '09

Neither was the "Mom and Pop" club that had the Mountain Ave. shootout/stabbing brawl.
Scoresman

That led to a death

Clyde Potts
Jan '09

I think the *other* club called themselves Tri-County or something... the Pagans certainly aren't Mom&Pop, lol.

ianimal ianimal Message ianimal
Jan '09

Yes one of the groups involved was the Pagans

earnhardt
Jan '09

H Town Hustlers

cbgpzb cbgpzb Message cbgpzb
Jan '09

I was going to ask if I could hookup and ride with them but it sounds like they are riding for the image not the passion. I could be wrong just sounds like it. I hope they don't mix their beer and riding.

Jan '09

and Tri-County.

Jan '09

Lucky Leprechauns

Jan '09

Main Street Mavens

don't get me started.............ooops too late

Jan '09

Bar Hopping Bastards
Warren County Weekend Warriors
Bad Azz Boyz
Two Wheeled Troubadours

Jan '09

Micks

Reggie Reggie Message Reggie
Jan '09

The BFL .....................bikers fart loud

Jan '09

"The BFL .....................bikers fart loud"

cbgpzb

Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Jan '09

cbgbabc123 - I can never get you user name right. You are too funny...

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Jan '09

yeah, i know one of the detectives who worked that case. she explained the case in detail to me in on of the criminology classes for trajectory and how mudman (pagan who took the blame) did not actually shoot anyone, but took the fall for his brothers...

i don't know about the tri-county folks, but the pagans are big time, just killed the SF hell's angle's president a few blocks from my brother's apt in SF a few mths ago!

Jan '09

I cant believe people still talk about that Motorcycle Shooting, it was like 20 years ago.

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Jan '09

well it is a good case to cover actually, and it was 15 this year, not that long ago, esp for a shooting of that kind in hackettstown!

Jan '09

Last night I was reading up on the Gunfight at OK Corral. That wasn't the only one, that had a few famous and named shootouts.

Between the Biker shootout and the O'Brien Road shooutout, we haven't advanced that much really, have we?

Scoresman
Jan '09

Ya know there are other instances that go on in the area with "biker gangs".

Someone said in the thread to call it a motorcycle club and not a gang.. If you notice gang is not a word used any more... Hells angels, pagans, mavericks. They are motorcycle clubs not gangs. If you see them riding with there colors you will see the initials mc on there. I think it is stupid to worry about them tho.

The Houligans

justcurious justcurious Message justcurious
Jan '09

The peachey peaches or the kissey kisses. So folks know your a seriously badass group.

that is because there are state and federal reglations against people who deem themselves GANGS...

including area's of california with local statutes that deem 2 or more people hanging out in a certain area wearing the same style of clothing or colors be deemed a gang and must disperse or be arrested

aclu went to town on it, and it really did nothing to quell gang violence...

in fact many "clubs" are just gangs with a thin veil...hell's angle's are a MC...

they tend to also wear the 1% patch too...

Jan '09

You mean a club... it would be best if the founding members come up with the name...

Whether you call it a club or a gang, a group of people riding motorcycles together doesn't necessarily constitute either. If they want to give themselves a name, go for it. If they get vests or jackets with the name embroidered on, then watch out. However most MC's know who the rival "gangs" are and they're not going to bother a bunch of guys just out riding their bikes.
Don't use the movie, "Wild Hogs" as an example, even though it was pretty funny.

Jan '09

TMC = Tri-County Motorcycle Club - they are an AMA club, not a gang. Suits call them gangs. WE call them clubs and just like all groups of people there are bad and good in all. YES there are all sorts of clubs in the Tri-state area including the Hells Angels, Warlocks and Pagans to mention but a few so watch what you put on shirts or when you are making up "colors", they don't play well with others. Better to not have a name and just go with the flow. Friends can have fun riding asa friends or loners and do not have to be affiliated with anyone.

Jo Hutchinsonu Jo Hutchinsonu Message Jo Hutchinsonu
Jan '09

TMC = Tri-County Motorcycle Club - they are an AMA club, not a gang. Suits call them gangs. WE call them clubs and just like all groups of people there are bad and good in all. YES there are all sorts of clubs in the Tri-state area including the Hells Angels, Warlocks and Pagans to mention but a few so watch what you put on shirts or when you are making up "colors", they don't play well with others. Better to not have a name and just go with the flow. Friends can have fun riding as friends or loners and do not have to be affiliated with anyone.

Jo Hutchinson Jo Hutchinson Message Jo Hutchinson
Jan '09

"mc " Riders

cmj cmj Message cmj
Jan '09

sum of u people are such tools. the lady jus wanted a little name 2 caall her hubby and buddies. its not they there gonna start a freakin "violent gang"....sumtimes these forums get taken so far out of context. the big label clubs recognize a legitimate threat versus some guys with a made up name, its towny kno nothings that assume any guy on a harley is a thug or wattttever. its hackettstown...like, really

applecrisp
Jan '09

Nice attitude.

deansangie
Jan '09

applecrisp - I think these people are just putting it out there that once you've got a "name" and you start wearing "colors" and riding enmass things change with regard to the 1% gangs that this particular group may and could run into on their "runs".

It'd be wise to heed this sound advice.

happy2bhere happy2bhere Message happy2bhere
Jan '09

where in the post did she say they were going 2 wave around colors and patches? a group of buddies want a nickname...see this is exactly what im talking bout, stuff gets blown way out of perportion on forums.

applecrisp
Jan '09

Applecrisp- No one said her husbands gang was going to become viloent we are saying you can run into others groups/gangs/clubs that are and if you have name the OTHER clubs can think you are another club stepping it

Crystal
Jan '09

A modicum of intelligence some well thought ot ideas written with even a smidgen of competence goes a long way to having your postings taken seriously. We all make a typo or three but please do us all a favor and stop writing like an illiterate 5th grader. Save it for forums where this type of writing will impress the other illiterate 5th graders reading it.
Not that I disagree with what you're saying , through you're childish "write it like i say it " technique you are right. I ride with several riding clubs and have never had a sigle problem yet alone run into a outlaw type biker gang. You are also right in saying that this type of group does not care one bit about the casual motorcycle club. Try presenting yourself a little better. I will speak for myself here but it will go a long ways to being taken seriously.

Jan '09

see even my diatribe had a typo 8th word should be "out"

Jan '09

omg, its faster and easier to type as i "speak" but thanks for trying to talk down to me with ur big worded hibbity gibbity. seriously thats awesome ... i didnt realize thats you had to write a specific way to impress the HTL crew. hahaha. i am who i am and type how i type. that doesn't mean i'm a child. and my points were totally legit. so if the only way ppl wil take it "seriously " is if i write like a teacher or wat ev then im not interested in this bs at all. i thought this was a place to speak freely...guess not. well in the words of a 5th grader " peace dude"

applecrisp
Jan '09

I love ya applecrisp , theres nothing like a person going out of their way to prove anothers point.

Jan '09

Applecrisp is obviously to young to remember the days of bikers having a good time in and around H'town. And the day the Hells Angels came through and scared the "**it" out of the town cops. We all did have a good time and some wore colors others didn't. You don't have to belong to a group/gang/club etc... to have a gathering of friends just to have fun and ride. And you don't have to have a name to just have fun either. Names get you labelled and then into trouble. There were a lot of us who just rode for the fun of it. Hollyweird comes up with spoof type movies such as "Wild Hogs" (which was a fun movie), and then people want names. Back in the 70's H'town had a lot of bikers. We did not raise hell, we kept to ourselves and just had fun. So everyone - just go have fun!

Jo Hutchinson Jo Hutchinson Message Jo Hutchinson
Jan '09

Wise words Jo Hutchinson ~

happy2bhere happy2bhere Message happy2bhere
Jan '09

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.