Snow/Winter Weather 2/17-2/22

Snow/Winter Weather 2/17-2/22

This is from the NWS, yikes. The map is from EPAWA for the Sunday-Monday precipitation.

Sunday Night
Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Washington's Birthday
A chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday Night
A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday Night
Snow and sleet likely before 10pm, then freezing rain and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday
A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Yuck - time to move to Florida! :)

Yuck indeed! I'll be glad when I'm all moved back into Hackettstown where I'm only 2 miles from work! About 1 & 1/2 months left.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '19

Interesting weather. Hard to predict AGAIN

Just coach Just coach
Feb '19

Here is the latest from the NWS. Sounds like it's going to be a rough commute for those who are not off for the holiday.

Tonight
Snow before 2am, then snow and sleet between 2am and 5am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 29. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Washington's Birthday
Freezing rain and sleet likely before 9am, then a chance of rain between 9am and 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Light and variable wind becoming west 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Just took my dog out...Very icy!!! Be careful in the morning!!

Acl76 Acl76
Feb '19

This winter is like a broken record of under performing forecast snow accumulations!!

Looks like we can forget about any accumulating snows at this point per nowcasting radar at 2AM. Icy yes depending on your location. Area temps are at or below freezing. Watch the morning commute 4 or 5 hours from now for scattered pockets of icing especially on secondary local roadways..

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Feb '19

Does anyone know how the roads are?

BigHeart BigHeart
Feb '19

Route 80 was fine, just wet

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '19

Thank you ☺️

BigHeart BigHeart
Feb '19

Wish WRNJ would give Schooleys Mt conditions when they give traffic report when we have snow or ice. Haven't heard anything about the Mt this morning. On other snow days sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Htwnnjresident
Feb '19

Yet another job where one gets paid whether they are right or wrong.
Prediction: Heavy snow Reality: Nothing LOL

Be careful out there, guys.

Granmom Granmom
Feb '19

Re: Snow/Winter Weather 2/17-2/22

First call snow map from EPAWA for Wednesday's storm.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

First call ice map.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

What's up with all the dang ice recently??? Can't we just get a solid 1 or 2 footer that hangs around for a few weeks??

Darrin Darrin
Feb '19

Yea Darrin, if you come try to walk my puppy in it 30 times a day.

"What's up with all the dang ice recently??? Can't we just get a solid 1 or 2 footer that hangs around for a few weeks??"

Darrin...it's the Pacific jet stream which has been roaring as of late. It's responsible for causing the warm air aloft to come racing in and causing all these mixing issues this season.

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Feb '19

Don't worry....we will get that 2 foot snow storm right around Easter. :-)

thomasnj thomasnj
Feb '19

Looks alot like last week's storm...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '19

Thomasnj..that’s exactly what I’m afraid of

Bessie Bessie
Feb '19

I almost wish we'd get a huge storm..........this 3 to 6 is more nerve wracking...ex. 3 inches not a big deal, but driving in 6 can be..........if they call for a foot or 2 I know I'm HOMEBOUND! lol

littlelu littlelu
Feb '19

790AM (Allentown) is forecasting snow starting around lunchtime, turning to sleet and freezing rain for the evening commute, then to all rain by thurs AM.

Feb '19

Final call snow map.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Final call ice map.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Yes littlelu!!! +1

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
Feb '19

Wow Calico EPAWA very bullish on snow amounts...4 to 6 for the area with locally higher amounts? NWS Mt Holly is only calling for a general 1-3 inches for our area. Will be interesting to see how things play out tomorrow...

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Feb '19

NOAA map says 4"
EPAWA map says 4"-6"
NOAA alert says 2"-4" (Warren)
News12NJ says only 1"-3"

My wife went in to work... said she's leaving early. I told her it better be EARLY, or you will be stuck in the nightmare that will likely be everybody leaving work early because of the storm.

Feb '19

I expect a major snowfall in late march or early april..12+ inches and then melt the next day

Bug3
Feb '19

Hope you're wrong bug3

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Feb '19

Any snow yet?

Bug3
Feb '19

Snowing up here on Schooley's Mt!

How is Route 57, Mansfield Plaza, and Allen Road??

reginaldpoofta reginaldpoofta
Feb '19

Bug3, Yes to your question. In my neck of the woods in started about 10:30.

Mrs. Pipes```` Mrs. Pipes````
Feb '19

Mrs. Pipes,

“In my neck of the woods in started about 10:30“

Just where is “In my neck of the woods”? I couldn’t find it on the map. Is that near Oxford?

Lamppost Lamppost
Feb '19

Lampost, Oops!! "In my neck of the woods" which is in Independence. Right now at 3:39 p.m. "something" is still falling. It might be freezing rain. Does not look like Snow. Indy is not that distant from Oxford. So, what's happening in Oxford?

Mrs. Pipes```` Mrs. Pipes````
Feb '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.