Jussie Smollett: what really happened?

What are our thoughts on this ? We had our own type of hoax kidnapping last year in hackettstown. Did it really happen? How plausible is the story?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smollett-finally-turns-phone-records-over-to-cops/amp/

Electric Bear Electric Bear
Feb '19

Nothing. it is a hoax.

He was probably late getting home to his boyfriend so he had to come up with a good story.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Feb '19

More smear Trump and race bait society fake news. He was probably on a meth binge in some gay sex dungeon.

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '19

Complete BS. He get's attacked with bleach and is on video calmly walking into his apartment building with his cell phone in one hand, his Subway sandwich in the other? And, the "noose" was not on his neck until AFTER he took off his coat, hat and gloves, ate his sandwich and called police???

What a crock of $hit.

Laurel Laurel
Feb '19

Common for Celebrities to pump publicized something, to increase their Sales or Popularity, particularly right before a new Song or Show being released:

... According to TMZ, Jussie filmed a scene for the upcoming fifth season of the programme on Monday, ...

... Meanwhile, "Empire" executive producers Brett Mahoney and Danny Strong also spoke about the incident as they attended Fox's Television Critics Association winter press tour on Wednesday, and told reporters there's a chance the attack may inspire a plot line in the series.

"I think a story like this could happen in Empire, just because it is such a timely story," Brett said. "But not as a result of this." ...

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00132418.html

Now everyone has to watch that show; even more so, the episode about that event.

ftcfda@aol.com ftcfda@aol.com
Feb '19

Follow the money.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

This seems awfully coincidental. No? Couldn’t be any coordination going on here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2719869002

Feb '19

Nothing happened other than a known Trump hater and race baiter looking for a way to stir up sh!t.

Most likely a Grinder meet up gone wrong.

Wow! How sinical!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Feb '19

Cynical, no. Accurate, yes.

Bbu2...
it's your typical Warren county Republican racist bile. I knew when i clicked on this tab what i would see and as usual they don't disappoint. This post will probably be taken down because the mods are of the same ilk but that's just my opinion.

Samiam Samiam
Feb '19

Samiam I think it’s pretty racist of you to assume this discussion has any racist overtones undertones dog whistles or outright ‘racist bile’. Aren’t you interested in catching these alleged perpetrators ? Or are you too racist to have that discussion?

Feb '19

Samiam, show us the proof. Smollett is the modern day Tawana Brawley.

“it's your typical Warren county Republican racist bile.“

Typical? How so?

Consigliere
Feb '19

"He was probably late getting home to his boyfriend so he had to come up with a good story."

"He was probably on a meth binge in some gay sex dungeon."

"Nothing happened other than a known Trump hater and race baiter looking for a way to stir up sh!t. Most likely a Grinder meet up gone wrong."

Pretty much on par with all bigoted things I've come to expect from this forum. And somehow you guys wonder why everyone thinks Trump supporters are terrible people...

Reasonable Reasonable
Feb '19

This thread is disgraceful.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '19

Please explain how those comments are bigoted. They might be misguided or incorrect ultimately but you’re being way too sensitive here. This is why nobody can have a conversation anymore. People get triggered over next to nothing. What do you think happened with Jussie smollet? Why not contribute to the dicsuttion rather than condemning ? You’re the bigoted one.

Feb '19

I'm sure you have it all saved to a screenshot, right, " reasonable? LOL

Agreed, JrzyGirl88. This may be the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen on this forum, worse than I expected 100x. I am embarrassed to know these people are my neighbors - but very glad to see a few reasonable (Pardon the pun) people like you and Reasonable.

The owner of this forum should be ashamed as themselves for allowing this to continue to exist and to give these vile creatures an anonymous place to spout their bigotry and racism.

This forum should be shut down, wiped from the web, so no one by happenstance can stumble onto the wretched hive of scum and villainy on par or worse than 4chan and InfoWars.

Go crawl back to the dark web, until your terminal case of Fox rot finishes you off, leaving the world a better place in your absence.

You're absolutely sickening

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Feb '19

Instead of crying racism from your mom's basement, why don't you do a little research and see how this Smollett case has been shown to be disbelieved and unfounded on all accounts.

Typical libs, if it "offends" you it should be erased! Freedom of speech, snowflakes, FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Thank You Alpha - could not agree more … this forum brings out some of the best in us but it also brings out the worst … Moderator … Please delete this string !!!

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Feb '19

People disagree with you and rather than have a discussion, you want to call for their death and delete any trace of the discussion ? Stalin and Mao would be so proud of you guys.

Feb '19

What happens when the Chicago PD charges him with making a false report?

consigliere
Feb '19

“it's your typical Warren county Republican racist bile.“

Hmm. Interesting. Even today with the "Blackface Scandal" in Virginia and going back to the days of certain Southern Governors standing in the doorway to prevent black children from attending white schools. Who could forget Bull Conner? You remember him..."Bull Connor directed the use of fire hoses and police attack dogs against civil rights activists; child protestors were also subject to these attacks." Let's not forget the Grand Wizard, Senator Robert Byrd. What did these folks any many others (The list is extensive, these are just a few examples) have in common? Oh, that's right they were all prominent Democrats. What a legacy? Going all the way back to the 1924 Democratic National Convention that was referred to as the "Clan Bake" in which the KKK marched in their white sheets down one of the avenues in NYC.

I guess Ann Coulter is right. If you want to know what the libs are up to, stop and listen to what they are accusing Republicans of. That's what they are up to!

Quack, Quack
Feb '19

bigoted? how about right on the money?

Let's see if you take that back once it is confirmed that he perpetrated a hate hoax.

Feb '19

Don’t worry.......he’ll keep his job and career if it’s found to be a hoax. Only people of certain skin color get fired for such things.

Philliesman Philliesman
Feb '19

This interview will be airing tomorrow. Are we too triggered to discuss the interview ? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6700077/Jussie-Smollett-cries-gives-interview-homophobic-racist-attack.html

Feb '19

Wow, just wow philliesman.

Mel81 Mel81
Feb '19

Can someone please summarize what he is saying for me? Maybe it’s too high brow abstract and philosophical for me? https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1095786497003925520?s=21

Feb '19

This is too funny not to share. https://youtu.be/utFmwotHjwg

Feb '19

Electric Bear. Thanks for sharing that. It's hysterical and sadly true! LOL!!!

Quack, Quack
Feb '19

Thanks for proving my racist point electric bear. As if your words weren't enough.. You really didn't have to go through so much trouble though. Do your neighbors know your secret? Or just those lucky enough to read the bile you post online?

Samiam Samiam
Feb '19

Samiam do you have anything of substance to contribute or just here to stomp your racist feet and pout?

Feb '19

Maybe all involved are from the white house, “truth isn’t the truth.”

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '19

Somebody should ask Dr Ford about what ‘her truth’ about the incident is.

Feb '19

Smollett is a pathological liar. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see it. I just hope he gets charged for wasting valuable police time. How many murders are committed in Chicago every weekend?

well the fact that he stated someone told him Chicago is "MAGA country" is indicative of that lol

it was 25 degrees with a wind chill of -50 and two two guys were waiting for Smollett and JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE bleach and a noose? After he supposedly received this beating, he went home past the doorman in his building - ate his subway sandwich (how did he manage to keep that) then called the police 45 minutes later..

I am calling shenanigans.

skippy skippy
Feb '19

"then called the police 45 minutes later"

All of the above while still wearing the noose (it was supposedly still around his neck when the police arrived).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

Under his coat

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

Household bleach freezes at 18def F. It was at least -20degF that night. Was this magic bleach?! (Channeling my best my cousin vinny)

Feb '19

Why are people racist for asking questions?
Part of me hopes this isn’t a hoax because I
don’t want to believe there are people crazy enough to fabricate a race-based claim like this. More of me hopes it IS a hoax because I’d hate to think something like that can happen. Alabama or Mississippi? Possible but I’d still question it. Chicago?? MAGA country? Yeah, I don’t know about that....

What really doesn’t make sense is his claim that the alleged attackers supposedly KNEW who he was as they are purported to have said “aren’t you that F—g N— from empire?” So they were MAGA hat wearing white supremasists who targeted Jussie because they are...fans of the show?

Also, the craziest thing a white person could do would be accost a random black IN CHICAGO. Check the murder rate stats in that city. For a gun-free city it seems like everyone must be carrying for that many people to die of gun violence.

Anyway, please take “racist” out of the equation when people question this story. The whole reason I know about this is because I frequently watch the Star Report where Star (formerly of the Star and Bucwild Show on power 105.1 and later Hot 97), who is a black man, questioned this story from the beginning. Also, EVERY CALLER that called in (90% are black—-I know because Star asks them) thought the story was BS. The black community (at least the dozens of black people who called into the show) HATES when these false claims are made because it overshadows the rare instances where REAL racism actually does occur.

Consigliere
Feb '19

+1 alpha1beta

Lots of true colors coming out in here.It's gross.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Feb '19

Consigliere - your last paragraph- brilliant! Exactly right. When someone makes false claims it diminishes the true acts be it racist attacks, sexual assault. That's why this is so heinous. Common sense makes this story unbelievable, not racism.

“Like People who have different opinions than me are like um so gross.”

Feb '19

I find this whole thing shocking and appalling...

There are really people in this world with nothing better to do than watch Empire?!? How depressing...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

This thread is very humorous. If you employ logic, no one has said anything that could even be mildly construed as racist or even offensive. Yet, the following adjectives are being burped up be the usual snowflakes; "Republican Bile, Disgraceful, Bigotry, Racism (Multiple Times), Scum and Villany".

Thank you! This has given me some real insight into the mental state of the typical snowflake. They read things that have not been written. They hear things that have not been said. And see things that don't exist. They live by the code, "If I feel it, it must be true! And don't confuse me with the facts you racist!"

Quack, Quack
Feb '19

I posted it before but I guess I'll have to post it again if you're not going to read my post above.

"He was probably late getting home to his boyfriend so he had to come up with a good story."

"He was probably on a meth binge in some gay sex dungeon."

"Nothing happened other than a known Trump hater and race baiter looking for a way to stir up sh!t. Most likely a Grinder meet up gone wrong."

All of these comments are trying to insinuate some sort of flaw in the person associated with his sexual orientation. I mean you can't possibly look at those statement and think that they are neutral. There is very clearly an attempt to put a negative connotation on him being gay.

Reasonable Reasonable
Feb '19

Reasonable, why does it insuiniate a flaw? There’s nothing wrong with being homosexual. It’s not 1956. You’re bigoted for assuming that was someone’s intention.

Next.

Feb '19

Speaking for myself, this is only after Smollett has been unwilling and unable to show any proof. Sorry to burst your tattle tale bubble "reasonable".

Sounds to me like they were all just commenting based on their past personal experiences...

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

this jussie smollett seems to be an actual race-baiter, and way too many libs have taken the bait, hook , line, and sinker. sad, very sad.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

Time for the apologies to start rolling in!

alpha1beta, you first!

Feb '19

He lied. He hired people to stage a racist attack. So sad. Many people were truly upset by this.

Https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/jussie-smollett-lied-hate-hoaxer-exposed-faked-attackers-were-black-men-from-nigeria-not-white-maga-supporters/

Yikes, this thread is problematic and another shining example of why I sometimes avoid this forum.

I think it's perfectly fine to question whether or not this was a hoax, have a civil discussion on reasons why he may have lied, and examine the facts for what they are.

But the comments about a "meth binge in a gay sex dungeon" and "grindr hook up gone wrong" and other similar comments are the reason why people here are getting upset - not the fact that the validity of his story is being question. Those comments are incendiary as there are tones of homophobia.

I guess my point is... why did it have to turn to that? Why couldn't we discuss the facts without throwing out inappropriate comments on his sexuality?

This thread should be removed and it is shameful. Try again next time - and maybe, try acting like adults.

TieDyeMindsEye TieDyeMindsEye
Feb '19

No it shouldn't. You're shameful. Take your censorship wishes somewhere else.

Feb '19

Oh the tones of homophobia...this forum...it's all just too much...I need to head to my safe space with my service animal.

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '19

It is bizarre to me that you take this to a place of censorship and free speech. Do you have the right to say whatever you want? Yup. Our government gives us this right so that we don't, say, end up in jail for speaking our minds. It is a simple protection to prevent tyrannical rule and unjust punishment. However, this isn't about free speech... it's really about ethics.

Just because you are free to say whatever you want doesn't make it right, and it's difficult for me to understand how somewhere down the line you began equating respect, civility, and compassion with censorship, over-sensitivity, and the overused diatribe of safe places and snowflakes.

Think of it like this... I am free to hate my neighbor. I'm free to say whatever I want about him. I hate the way he looks, I hate his politics, I hate how he keeps his home. But will I approach him and berate him? Would I publicly and openly bash him? Nope. Because at the end of the day, despite our differences, I respect him as a human being and I respect myself enough to not make myself look like a fool saying such things. It would make me look uneducated, unhinged, and rude.

Take the higher road... keep it to yourself... it's weak humor, it's effortless, it's dumb, and it's antiquated. I can't wait until the baby boomer generation shuts up forever.

TieDyeMindsEye TieDyeMindsEye
Feb '19

Tiedyemindseye
What a rotten, hateful thing to say!
Death to boomers is good?

Your parents are probably Boomers. And your aunts and uncles, and possibly your grandparents. So if people of a certain era disagree with YOU, you want them dead?!
Nice.
You sound like a Pompous ass.

I hope I have raised enough caring and intelligent children to counteract your angry essence.

Im a millenial there TieDye......definitely not down with the progressive AOC type ideaologies....neither are plenty of others in our age group so speak for yourself ya sensitive sally. And if someone chooses to be a homophobe...that's their right!! It's none of your business so you should take your own advice and mind your own.

Snowpocalypse Snowpocalypse
Feb '19

You some very fine people here...on both sides.
Lol

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '19

That hate crime hoaxer made his orientation and race the key parts of his so-called attack. Most reasonable people knew almost immediately that it was a phony story.

He deserves all of the derision that he's received on those accounts.

Feb '19

Hey TieDyeMindsEye,

You said, "Our government gives us this right so that we don't, say, end up in jail for speaking our minds."

WRONG!!!! Pablum puking libs might believe that, but it is still wrong! The government gives us nothing!

We are endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights.

Quack, Quack
Feb '19

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/39970553/chicago-media-reports-reported-attack-on-actor-jussie-smollett-was-staged?fbclid=IwAR3--yxv6vbB2Ih4754xGjZ3HAlqVvGBLj2schWjPlkjQW0tHbAt9jj6XoE

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '19

Re: Jussie Smollett: what really happened?

"That hate crime hoaxer made his orientation and race the key parts of his so-called attack."

Yep... if this is proven to be false then HE "weaponized" his race and sexual orientation to try to stick it to the white Trump supporters. Tough s**t if we "fire back" at him.

The two "persons of interest" that got arrested were from Nigeria... hardly Trump country.

Smollett provided a redacted PDF copy of his call records (that he said would prove his case)... the police already had the FULL call record from the phone company, so it was a simple matter of saying "hey, why did he black out THIS number? Wonder who that is..." and that's partly how they identified the other people allegedly involved.

Not the smartest cookie.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

I have an inside source at Chicago PD. there is a lot of pressure from the mayor on the handling of the case. They were not happy about the leak last night. More notes to come.

Waiting room Waiting room
Feb '19

Look at these white supremacists. They need to be stopped. Ugh. Such bile.

Waiting room Waiting room
Feb '19

Anyone with more than three brain cells knew this story was a hoax. I’m not racist. Just smarter than you :)

Consigliere
Feb '19

typical - tried in the court of hackettstown forum - convicted - sentenced - typical-- without witnesses, lawyers, or anything else except ifs and maybes and rumors and ............and..........just smh

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

4catmom, are you reading the articles that have come out in the past 15 hours? It WAS a hoax. Police raided the home of two NIGERIAN actors who actually were extras on Empire. Smollet hired them to commit this horrible, race-baiting hoax.

To OP, good timing.

Consigliere
Feb '19

Wow - Thanks Consigliere!

I was slow on checking in...and happy to find my initial post (kinda knew it was a stunt) but off thinking it was for Publicity (to boost sales/or $$$), while now new news is pointing he did it to "Save his Job" ?!?

Is being Assaulted a new EEOC Workplace Discrimination to prevent someone being cut/laid-off/fired?!?!??!?!?? --

-- Hey, a little Sympathy can't not work... [sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, other times, Oh, Get Real! or get busted ...lol]

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/15/suspects-arrested-in-jussie-smollett-case/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6707153/Cops-raid-Empire-extras-home-amid-rumored-investigation-claims-Jussie-Smollett-staged-attack.html

Feb '19

which reports are you reading? this is current: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-jussie-smollett-persons-of-interest-20190215-story.html

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

~It really DOESN'T MATTER *which reports you are reading* ....as they ALL lead to the fact it WAS staged -- -- for the reason which only BENEFITs either the 2 Nigerians (...who personally know Jussie and work @ Empire), Jussie himself (...to help his own career/popularity/etc.), or FINANCIALLY help BOTH.

"Follow the Money", Deep Throat said. {...is a catchphrase popularized by the 1976 drama- documentary motion picture All the President's Men}

Police raided the home of the two persons of interest on Wednesday night, February 13 and reportedly took bleach, shoes, electronics, receipts and other items from the home. The two men's attorney, Gloria Schmidt, says they both have appeared as extras on "Empire" and do know Smollett.

"They do know Jussie," the attorney says. "They have worked with him on 'Empire'. My preliminary investigations show that on set it's very tight. They're all very cordial with each other, so they're baffled why they are people of interest."

The two men, who are both of Nigerian descent, left for Nigeria the same day of the attack, January 29. Their attorney says they went to Nigeria to visit family and were picked up at O'Hare on Wednesday night.

Multiple sources tell Rob Elgas, a reporter at ABC 7 in Chicago, that Smollett orchestrated the attack with the two men because his character was being written off the show. Brad Edwards, a reporter at CBS Chicago, additionally reports a source said that investigators believe the "non-cooperating 2 witnesses are co-conspirators in a potentially staged attack."

Feb '19

https://youtu.be/ZwTl-QvCQcA This guy explains it pretty well...

Laurel Laurel
Feb '19

No electric bear.. I just find it easier not to argue with the ill equipped.. I've read enough from you to know you're just a bigot.. Nothing more. No reason to argue with that. But I'm sure there are lots that would. just keep talking.

Samiam Samiam
Feb '19

The homie Star’s latest episode :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hqUUuzYtgZA

Consigliere
Feb '19

This story was bogus from the start...MSM, was hoping on hope it was true. LOL

thecoach thecoach
Feb '19

*crickets*

Hello?

*tumbleweed*

Anyone there?

*owl hooting*

Consigliere
Feb '19

https://abc7chicago.com/police-2-persons-of-interest-released-in-jussie-smollett-case-confirmed-to-have-been-on-scene/5141900/

So the two arrested “suspects” were confirmed to have been “on scene” for reasons “central to the investigation” but they have since been released as the information they provided “shifted the trajectory” of the investigation...

The police are basically stopping *just* short of officially confirming it was a hoax.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

Typical behavior from the left. Hope this clown looses everything for being such a piece of garbage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie-smollett-case-brothers-say-empire-actor-paid-them-to-participate-in-alleged-attack-source-says-2019-02-16/

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '19

What really happened? Nothing of course...swept under the rug by CNN, MSNBC, MSM..etc...etc...yawn

thecoach thecoach
Feb '19

@Tiedyeforever: “I can’t wait until the Baby Boomer Generation shuts up forever.”

That is not only hateful, but narrow minded. Shame on you.

Robin Robin
Feb '19

The "suspects" gave investigators information and I believe Smollett will be charged soon.

Somehow he will still be hailed as a hero by the nut job left

Philliesman Philliesman
Feb '19

Chicago police believe Jussie Smollett PAID two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to ATTACK him on the street and they bought the rope found around the Empire star's neck from a local hardware store

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6713267/Chicago-police-believe-Jussie-Smollett-PAID-two-Nigerian-brothers-ATTACK-street.html

I think the 2 Nigerian guys are guilty--why else would they leave the country that very day?

I think the 2 Nigerians are turning around the guilt, and blaming that actor for "staging" all of this. that's b.s. that Jussie created this whole situation.

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '19

"that's b.s. that Jussie created this whole situation."

Seriously? LMAO

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Could this have something to do with Kamala Harris and Corey booker - It so happened they sponsored a “lynching bill” and had Smolett was a supporter.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/29/kamala-harris-attack-on-jussie-smollett-was-modern-day-lynching/

https://www.newsweek.com/cory-booker-jussie-smollett-modern-day-lynching-1310186

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422136-senate-votes-to-make-lynching-a-federal-crime

FAKE NOOSE!

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

Dangerous times we are living when all people want to do is divide the country with these outrageous false claims. I find it sickening and really feel as a country we are heading down a terrible path. If it is true that he did plan this, hopefully he will get kicked off his show and arrested for making false claims. Almost seems this should be considered a hate crime itself as there were many victims, the news outlets were all over this story claiming how terrible it is that this is 2019 America.

Infiniti2510 Infiniti2510
Feb '19

Civil war 2.0 is coming

Philliesman Philliesman
Feb '19

Did anyone actually believe:

Christine "2door" Ford?
The fake hate crime at the USAF Academy (except for the blow-hard one star general)?
The Columbia professor that claimed to find a noose on her office door handle?
The balloon boy family (not a fake hate crime but just as dumb)?
Sammy Sosa/Mark McGuire/Mike Piazza, etc?
This Smollett guy?

If you answered yes to any of those, wake up!

RV

Feb '19

There is so little hate in 2019 America that a gay and black man had to PAY two Nigerian immigrants to attack him.

Consigliere
Feb '19

"There is so little hate in 2019 America that a gay and black man had to PAY two Nigerian immigrants to attack him."

Sorry Consigliere, but there's more than enough hate (from ALL sides) in America, however if someone wants to choose the exact time and series of events, then they pay people to bring that about when it's convenient for them.

We'll get all the facts and details at the trial or trials, but with the heightened tension in the USA these days, setting people against each other (no matter what the reason) is extremely counterproductive.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '19

Phil, there’s far less hate than there was at any point in history. I’m not talking about your family members who won’t talk to you because you voted for Trump/Hillary. I mean lynching and gay bashing and violently attacking people because of their skin color or views. We live in the most tolerant country in the world and we are at the most tolerant point in our country’s history.

Consigliere
Feb '19

Seems worse because of the mass media and the internet. Also, we are no longer getting real reporting..true journalism. Those days are over.

Biased news with their own political agendas and so hyped up and exaggerated to get more ratings.

Positive Positive
Feb '19

https://votesmart.org/public-statement/1322245/justice-for-victims-of-lynching-act-of-2019#.XGnlEStOmaM

This is the proposed legislation - that was dead until this incident revised it. Look who lent their support

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

Better check his phone records for calls to/from Harris and Booker.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

After the supposed Smollett incident, celebrities, news personalities and politicians jumped all over the news media and social media absolutely denigrating Trump supporters, conservatives and even white people as an entire race. It was sickening. It was very obvious from the start that this story was very flawed. Even mentioning online that the story didn't add up led to nasty verbal attacks and bannings from twitter.

Hate crime hoaxes are much more common than actual hate crimes by a HUGE factor. www.FakeHateCrimes.org lists hundreds of hate crimes that received tons of publicity - that is, until they were determined to be hoaxes. Once it's found to be a hoax, the media drops the story like a hot potato.

Did anyone hear about the horrific Kyle Yorlets murder? of course not. it doesn't fit the media narrative. MSM has a very clear agenda. Do not report on crimes committed by minorities or illegal aliens. They salivate at the thought of reporting on white crimes against minorities even though that represents a very small percentage of the crime in America. Why are they trying so hard to push a narrative that America is racist? It's not for ratings.

1stA
Feb '19

Well this bogus lie unraveled faster than the knot on his fake "noose."

We must be in pretty good shape if you have to PAY people to create a racial hate crime, haha.

Laurel Laurel
Feb '19

No proof he made it up. Just wait and see. I wouldnt trust the 2 guys at all.

Feb '19

1stA is a one-time poster of a really weird website......

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Feb '19

What's the matter strange, you don't like websites that aren't approved by you first because they don't go along with your I am fartacus hero worship? Tough nuts. Once again, the liberal race baiters show they're the hate filled dregs of society trying to ruin this country.

Skip, I gotta say that your legal standard for believing Jussie collusion is far less stringent than your standard for believing Russian collusion, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

Hey, Jussy is probably going to get called on this, but guess what? The most he could get charged with is a misdomener. He baisicaly called all trump supporters racists but it's no big deal I guess. But he is an actors so it's O.K. Pretty good publicity.

Check out msnbc and fox. See how different their takes will be on this.

Indie Indie
Feb '19

Ha true - I’m going by the drama playing out in Chicago news. It certainly seems plausible

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

“The most he could get charged with is a misdomener.”

Actually, it’s a class 4 felony.

See Section (a4) and (a6) in the statute and the penalties in section b.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K26-1

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

OK, here it is put together to read as one concise statement:

(a) A person commits disorderly conduct when he or she knowingly:
(4) Transmits or causes to be transmitted in any manner to any peace officer, public officer or public employee a report to the effect that an offense will be committed, is being committed, or has been committed, knowing at the time of the transmission that there is no reasonable ground for believing that the offense will be committed, is being committed, or has been committed;

(6) Calls the number "911" for the purpose of making or transmitting a false alarm or complaint and reporting information when, at the time the call or transmission is made, the person knows there is no reasonable ground for making the call or transmission and further knows that the call or transmission could result in the emergency response of any public safety agency;

(b) A violation of subsection (a)(2), (a)(3.5), (a)(4), (a)(6), (a)(7), or (a)(9) of this Section is a Class 4 felony.

Misdemeanors and multipl/subsequent violation statements are for different violations in section a, NOT (a4) and (a6).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

Trump is so great at putting people to work that he even drove a mediocre actor to hire 2 Nigerians to fake an attack.

Feb '19

It was Donald Trump & Brett Kavanaugh

Lamppost Lamppost
Feb '19

this whole incident is just more example of MSMs 'Fake Noose' if you ask me

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

Nothing surprises me anymore. Hope the truth comes out on this one.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

"No proof he made it up. Just wait and see. I wouldnt trust the 2 guys at all."

So BBYU at this point there are only two scenarios:

1) These 2 black guys who were extras on the show and knew Jussie personally decided to, on their own, attack him. That they somehow knew where he was going to be at 2am on one of the coldest nights of the year and jumped and made it look like a hate crime.

2) or these 2 black guys were paid buy Jussie to stage a fake hate crime.

Hmm which of those 2 scenarios seems more logical??? And curious why wouldn't you trust the 2 guys at all but have no problem trusting Jussie?

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

" These 2 black guys who were extras on the show and knew Jussie personally decided to, on their own, attack him."

They could be disgruntled employees. Maybe he treated them like crap, celebrities are not always the people they appear to be on stage.

or these 2 black guys were paid buy Jussie to stage a fake hate crime.
Celebrities do tend to like attention, so this is a plausible theory as well.

Both theories seem logical to me, not enough evidence yet. Not trust the two guys- until there is data, the ball is still in play.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html?no-st=1550361981

"Chicago (CNN)Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation tell CNN that Chicago Police believe actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate an assault on him that he reported late last month."

CNN is pretty bad with the "anonymous source" stuff though

skippy skippy
Feb '19

Both theories seem logical? really? So they just happen to know he was going to be in the mood for a subway sandwich at 2am on one of the coldest days of the year and were there ready for him? Really that seems logical to you?

on 1/29/19 it was a high of 11 degrees in Chicago and at 2am it was closer to -9 degrees. So you really think they were waiting for him all day in that cold to jump him? How else would they know he was going to a subway shop at 2am? Jussie's report also says he fought them off... really have you seen the size of those 2 guys? He was able to fight them off?

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

Not looking too good for Jussie. Harvey on TMZ said filing a false report could get you 3 years.

htownguy htownguy
Feb '19

"There is so little hate in 2019 America that a gay and black man had to PAY two Nigerian immigrants to attack him. " - - - Consigliere

Best comment in the thread, spot on correct an wryly funny at the same time, well done sir!

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

On the day after the reporting of this, Presidential Candidates Cory Booker and Kamela Harris were horrified and called it a modern day lynching. When asked yesterday about the new updates on this case, both said they would have to wait for all the facts to come in before they would comment on it.

Don't you think they should have taken this position when it was first reported.

kb2755 kb2755
Feb '19

they not only were horrified - they released identical tweets and press releases

skippy skippy
Feb '19

They should have kb - good point. If either of them achieve the highest office I hope they exercise better judgement.

htownguy htownguy
Feb '19

Consigliere

I believe you missed my point(s). Yes, lynchings are practically unheard of, but I doubt if this is the most tolerant country in the world. That would perhaps go to Canada, Finland, Norway or Sweden...I think.

I was stating that there's both overt and covert hate ongoing between conservatives and liberals and parties of ALL types, both private and public individuals and groups.

I also stated that if you wish to create an incident (as JS allegedly has - the trial or trials, if any will determine that for sure) at a specific place, time and against an individual or group, then people sometimes do pay for that to happen.

AND "We'll get all the facts and details at the trial or trials, but with the heightened tension in the USA these days, setting people against each other (no matter what the reason) is extremely counterproductive." which means that IF he is found to be guilty and has indeed paid for a staged attack on himself, then that is only fanning the embers of contentiousness even more and does not help matters. In other words, if, as it seems, he did do this, then he screwed his own causes. The next real hate crime may be given less attention than it deserves and be assumed to automatically be a hoax. Hoaxes only serve to desensitize everyone to actual hate crimes.

I was making a very neutral post, but noting that people from many groups are spewing everything from dislike to hate at each other and the two main parties, both Republicans and Democrats are both off in their own corners waiting for the bell to ring for the next "round" in what all seem to see as a boxing or MMA match, rather than actually working together to get to a place of compromise.

People don't seem to be able to be civil towards one another in their disagreements, instead settling for making fun of people or their lifestyle while claiming to be tolerant, but then calling people names,etc.

Just so you know, I'm only addressing this to you since you responded to what I stated before. I'm not calling you out in particular, just making a general observation of the back and forth behavior of far too many on both sides of this, and discussions at both this level and the national level.

It's apparent that too many on both sides don't (or won't) see what I see and I just shake my head and move on... .

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '19

Phil D.

America is still alot more tolerant than the middle east... where they KILL people for being homosexual, they stone women to death for infidelity, they kill Christians by putting them in a cage and drowning them, heck- they were (might still be) actually crucifying them.

Feb '19

Jussie Smollett failed in his partisan attempt to gaslight the entire nation with a false narrative that doesn't exist. Trump supporters aren't racist, the president is not a racist and the president does not encourage or support racism. Its a false narrative that some extremists are all too gleefully repeating over and over again

It's just not true In fact it is so untrue that a gay black man had to hire two black immigrants to perform the 'racist' attack.

that's what happened here, and Consigliere is spot on correct

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/19/jessie-smollett-letter-brothers-attack/

Looks like some federal crimes were committed as well

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

"Looks like some federal crimes were committed as well"

Go big or go home!

Nice touch on the return address of the letter too (MAGA), but who "crosses" their T's like that? May be a little "tell" if the handwriting from those involved are analyzed.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

Oh bull hawk. I agree, Trump supporters are not racist.

But most racists, who support anyone, support Trump. Why? His words emboldens them. He rarely condemns them.

Maybe he does not directly encourage them or support them, but, like all of us, when we pick through the lies, we glom onto that which pleases us. You see truth and Nationalism and are happy; I see lies and Nationalism and I am not. JIT, hope he’s OK, sees all from 39k ft. Oddbob sees puppies. Racists apparrently see something they like too.

At least that’s what the polls say.

Feb '19

The president is not a racist and the president does not encourage or support racism, period.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

"But most racists, who support anyone, support Trump. Why? His words emboldens them. He rarely condemns them."

Same could be said about Obama's tenure in office. Black Panthers, Black Lives Matter all committed acts of racism but yet never condemned. If you talk about one side, talk about the other side too otherwise you are being dishonest.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Feb '19

so.. wait - its racist to state that 2 hate crime didn’t happen now?
do you see how false demonization of half of the country is a problem SD?

skippy skippy
Feb '19

actually I didn't comment on this one since it appeared to need to be fleshed out. Plus, a single instance does not a trend make.

all I commented on was which candidate naturally attacks the racist segment.

if you like, I can comment more, but you're really pulling on my teeth for a generalization. This case needs more info, people like Booker were obviously premature in their assessment and condemnation. Doubt there is much of interest here except a guy looking for attention in all the wrong places.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '19

France is experiencing some of the worst antisemetic acts in years from the extremist Islamic preachers and the leftists. Somehow I doubt either of those groups are Trump supporters. Same with Omar, Tlaib and the leftists over here. Trump is only revealing the true colors of leftist hatred. The dems treat people of color like retarded children. That's why she's many black people are walking away from the dems.

"Doubt there is much of interest here except a guy looking for attention in all the wrong places."

I beg to differ. There is plenty of interest here and everyone should be upset that a rabid Trump hater would go to this extreme to damage people. The rush to judgement by the MSM and Presidential hopefuls just goes to show you how divided this country is. Many wanted the story to be true so it would further add credence to their political narrative. Fortunately, many of us can see through much of the BS.

kb2755 kb2755
Feb '19

Meanwhile Kamela Harris will be flying to NY to have dinner with Al Sharpton at Sylvia's.
Nothing like getting the blessing from the originator of the racial hoax.

kb2755 kb2755
Feb '19

KB is right as rain, the liberal media was all too gleefully promoted the denigration of anything and anyone Trump. And you all are way to ready to believe it even though you know this failed attempt to gaslight the entire nation with a false narrative isn't true. Trump is not a racist, Trump supporters are not racists This is fake noose, again.

The racist here is Jussie Smollett himself, he's the racist in this story

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

Reverend Al seems to be all about letting Smolett suffer the full weight of the consequences on this.

https://www.newsweek.com/jussie-smollett-attack-al-sharpton-staged-fake-1334924

skippy skippy
Feb '19

Attrack, not attack....

And KB, interest by me.

I just enjoy reading others conflating this into a mantra ra of the liberal masses. One size fits all. If it’s not your group. Telling.

Feb '19

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-charged-with-disorderly-conduct-for-filing-false-police-report-prosecutors-say/5147410/

He has just been charged for filling a false police report per the grand jury. Felony charge.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

^

So I take it everyone on this forum who was accusing the people who did not believe the story as racist idiots will be coming back to apologize for their comments right?

Darrin Darrin
Feb '19

Don’t hold your breath, Darrin.

Tim Judpach Tim Judpach
Feb '19

Darrin, I asked that days ago. Still waiting.

Feb '19

That will never happen Darrin.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

I'll come back to respond, but certainly not to apologize. How does the story being true or false, make saying purposely homophobic and inflammatory things okay? He absolutely did a terrible thing, and should absolutely face the consequences of his actions. My only comments were to point out how intolerant so many people can be on this forum. I 100% stand by what I said. There is no place for the kinds of comments people made.

Reasonable Reasonable
Feb '19

Hmmm, finally an apology that I don’t own ;-). Just knew to let this one go.

Seemingly dangerous stage Darrin has set given the pending Mueller report.....getting the feeling with plenty of tawdry acts but no felonies, that one could get interesting.

Feb '19

As we guessed, no apologies even though one poster wished death upon our whole generation - us intolerant, hateful folks, aka the ones that called it correctly from the start.

This puke tried to start a race war and was hoping to profit from it along the way.

Feb '19

Wait until they tag Hasson as a Trump supporter...…where will the "intolerant, hateful folks" be then?

Feb '19

"no apologies even though one poster wished death upon our whole generation..." Stop being so dramatic, what was actually said was, "I can't wait until the baby boomer generation shuts up forever." And yes, you are intolerant, hateful folks who called it correctly from the start. You are all of those things.

Reasonable Reasonable
Feb '19

At least Jussie will enjoy being surrounded by men 24/7/365 in prison. That was probably his plan all along ;)

LJRubi LJRubi
Feb '19

Another expert on being gay heard from :>)

What makes you think Jussie would be thrilled to be surrounded by men? I am not gay, and I really don't want to be surrounded by women, 24x7. I am still trying to get over being stuck in a college girl's dorm at age 13..... Was never the same after that night. Had to join the Navy to clean up my language..... :>)

Feb '19

Reasonable, you couldn't be more wrong. But your hate prevents you from seeing that.

Feb '19

I just don't know what he thought the end game was going to be? Did he think the police would not be able to "solve" the case? He had to know the more he talked about it and more attention he brought to the case the more pressure there was on the police dept to make sure they solved it. And he obviously didn't want them to solve it, right?

The story stunk from the very beginning and was not well thought out. 2am Subway run, 2 guys out that just happened to have a noose and bleach on them, ran into him, recognized him and beat him up? How anyone could hear that story and believe it is beyond me.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

The same people who believe Christine Ford's half story believed this story. Typical liberals...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

Good to hear the police supervisor take the media to task for their coverage of this made up story. Every outlet was salivating over this story and trying to spin the story to their political advantage.

Indie Indie
Feb '19

"I just don't know what he thought"

1. He thought he would get away with it.
2. He thought wrong.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

He's a (A) black (B) gay (C) celebrity.

Nobody is/was supposed to question his story because that would be (A) racist (B) homophobic and (C) not SJW enough...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

yea but that's my point dodgebaal. Get away with it how? That the police would never be able to find the 2 "suspects" and the case would just go away? Really? with all the hype the case was getting he thought the police would just give up on solving it? Or did he think he planned it so perfectly that there was no way for the police to find the 2 "suspects"?

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

Here's a fun game... pretend this guy was Donald Trump and predict how Trump's acolytes would come to his defense. I'll start...

"Where's the video of him making the payment? Where's the audio of him asking them to beat him up? Doesn't exist? NOTHINGBURGER!"

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

Jim L. Sometimes, good news, bad news, who cares, as long as they are talking about me...…

Feb '19

alpha1beta, you said it was Centenary that you attended?

Feb '19

"Where's the video of him making the payment? Where's the audio of him asking them to beat him up? Doesn't exist? NOTHINGBURGER!"

It didn't take them 2+ years to find video of the brothers buying items at the beauty salon or tracing the phone numbers from Jussie's call records. Likely they have additional evidence that they haven't shared publicly (financial info, etc.).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

FAKE NEWS!!!!

(-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

Don't worry, Mark. All those questions and more, will be answered when they release the Beuller report.

Tim Judpach Tim Judpach
Feb '19

metsman, you think that half of Christine "2door" Ford's story was correct? :)

Feb '19

There's nothing "FAKE NEWS!" about a Check ...

According to Chicago Police Chief Eddie Johnson, Smollett used a (very traceable) check to pay the two brothers he allegedly hired to stage the "hate crime."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43769/police-say-jussie-smollett-wrote-check-brothers-he-amanda-prestigiacomo

Feb '19

No it's just half a story. LOL...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

Did he write "For Fake Beat Down" in the subject line? Otherwise, it was probably for some completely legitimate purpose. NOTHINGBURGER!!!!

This is easy... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

He wrote "MAGA Hit" in the subject line. What do you think Ianimal

John C John C
Feb '19

I think that he might just be dumb enough to have done that very thing, John C (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

Law enforcement just released about 20 minutes of evidence. That dude is dumb.

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '19

“Dumb”, maybe or maybe not. Everyone is still talking about him and he is now a household name...

Positive Positive
Feb '19

I love how CNN liberal nut job Van Jones compared Smollett to Jackie Robinson.... LMAO...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

It's funny... other than on here, no one in my life, business or personal, has even given him a mention. I have no idea even how his first name is pronounced. Is it "Juicy"? Never mind, I don't care.

Let's not ever forget the right-wing whack-job's version of the hoax beat-down... 30th anniversary coming up in about two months from now. Love ya, Mort... RIP, you crazy bastard... you were the BEST.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

From household name to jailhouse name.

Consigliere
Feb '19

Exactly ianimal. I’ve never heard of this guy until now. He put himself on the map.

Positive Positive
Feb '19

I wouldn't waste my thought or time on it. ( Misfit Jerk )

Embryodad Embryodad
Feb '19

The bigger point here is how the media ran with this story without doing their due diligence only weeks after the Covington story turned out to be BS.

Both of these stories were pushed to the top of the chyron for one simple reason: they fit the narrative the left is seeking to push. The narrative that America has become a violently racist country and Donald Trump is the reason. The msm absolutely salivated when details about the alleged attack included red ball caps with the president’s campaign slogan. Or, as the hats are called by some luminaries of the left, the new “white hood.”

It’s a red ball cap.

Consigliere
Feb '19

"the media ran with this story"

Not just the media...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

Mark, that meme couldn’t be more perfect.

Consigliere
Feb '19

Ahh the old switch topic SD is back at it...."oh this isn't a racist hate crime by a Trump supporter.....but Muller, but Muller".......can't say I am surprised.....but I am STILL WAITING!

I was very happy to see they were making this looser pay for all the detectives wasted time on top of his charges.....this guy is a utter disgrace to his own race and has a incredibly tough life ahead of him due to his actions.

Darrin Darrin
Feb '19

Did he admit it yet?

Feb '19

wait he paid the brothers with a check? OMG this guy can't be this dumb. Nice paper trail he left the police to find.

So really at this point the only thing left to solve in the Scooby Doo episode is if his manager was in on it too. You know the guy Jussie just happened to be on the phone with at 2am walking home from Subway that said he heard the attack and racist slurs but didn't think to hang up the phone and call 911 to report that his client was in the process of getting beaten up. Wonder if he was in on it or used as a pawn?

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

That and whatever else they found in his phone records - remember this thing fell apart when they asked for his phone and were denied so they got a calea order and received it from the carrier.

Meanwhile he’s at work

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jussie-smollett-empire-return-1203145473/

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

How is it even a struggle to figure out his fate? Immediately FIRE him!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '19

Who cares.................well I don't.................

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

https://www.thewrap.com/chicago-police-commissioner-calls-out-media-stars-and-politicians-for-pushing-smollett-hoax/

we all should -

“Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career,” superintendent Eddie Johnson says"

“Bogus police reports cause real harm. They do harm to every legitimate victim who is in need of support by police and investigators as well as the citizens of this city … I’m offended by what happened and I am also angry.”

skippy skippy
Feb '19

Gotta love the double standard... Roseanne instantly fired for a tweet... This guy fakes a hate crime and breaks the law... Ah no big deal right...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

well to play devil's advocate there really is no double standard. Each company is allowed to handle their "crisis" however they want. So ABC did what they felt was in their best interest and FOX will do what they feel is in their best interest. Now if it was the same company in both stories then yes you can play the double standard card.

Jim L Jim L
Feb '19

So old 4cat doesn't care that this had the potential to incite further racial incidents, doesn't care that someone of color or who is gay might now struggle to be believed if really attacked. What an absolute piece of garbage.

Just like Kamala Harris, Al Sharpton, Cory Booker et. al.

"Immediately FIRE him!"

They are either prepping for that, or for him to be unavailable (due to incarceration) for upcoming episodes....

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '19

Good Call MarkMc

They just did: Jussie Smollett's 'Empire' role cut from season's final episodes

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smolletts-empire-role-cut-from-seasons-final-episode-creators-say

If proven, Smollett allegations could be a 'career killer'

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/proven-smollett-allegations-career-killer-61231882?cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_hero_related

Feb '19

How about that Trumpian terrorist going after Trump’s “enemies of the people.” Nice of the Pres to compile the hit list. Good thing we have the 2A. Who knows the weapons he would have come up with if he didn’t have easy access to his legal personal armory of guns. Phew, it was mostly guns, guns, guns.

Feb '19

I don’t get the reference - did something happen today?

Skippy Skippy
Feb '19

Wrong thread dude......get your head out of Trumps a$$!!!! It seems to be all you talk about

Oh yeah...hitting the sauce...well it is Friday, I will give you that....you made it this long!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '19

C. P. Hassan......Darrin, you really are bent, man. That’s just rude.

Feb '19

Jussie Hires

Lamppost Lamppost
Feb '19

4cat, why don’t you care now? You cared when you thought the people of this forum were unjustifiably picking apart his story bc you thought it was race-based. Now it turns out we were right all along and Smollett is actually the racist and now you don’t care?

Consigliere
Feb '19

Using law enforcement as a weapon, to get ahead financially, to get revenge.

As if these guys don't have enough to do.
Those who file false allegations, who make up stories like this to make money, etc need to go to prison for a long time.
White collar crime needs to start paying a higher price as well, someone steals 1M dollars and does less time than a teenager with an ounce of weed.
Something wrong here.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Feb '19

StrangerDanger means this guy - Lt. C. P. Hasson, U.S. Coast Guard officer arrested on Feb. 15 on gun and drug charges

Gee, what a wonderful guy. Currently this news is overshadowed by the "Smollet affair", which is why Smollet needs to have his day in court and get this behind us so we can get to rather more important stuff:

https://news.yahoo.com/coast-guard-lieutenant-accused-murder-plot-scale-rarely-seen-country-223900168.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_12

In that article is this link, yes, I know "Washington Post", must be fake, but I do remember a number of these attacks mentioned.

Of course this article means nothing either. I'm sure nobody believes the Southern Poverty Law Center, although they track "Hate Groups" of all stripes:

https://news.yahoo.com/number-u-hate-groups-hits-time-high-watchdog-163128670.html

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '19

And there is no tie in to Trump except that the lists match Trump’s favorite bashee’s. He may not have even voted.

Feb '19

"White collar crime needs to start paying a higher price as well, someone steals 1M dollars and does less time than a teenager with an ounce of weed.
Something wrong here."

I've always agreed with that. People like Madoff and those of his ilk need to be breaking rocks on a rockpile to know what actual work is like and know what people that actually worked have lost due to trusting charlatans like him. They usually end up doing less time than non-violent offenders and get to do it in the Feds "Country Club Pen", whereas some non-violent kid gets his or her life ruined over a non-violent pot arrest and gets put in with violent offenders.

If and when Smollett is convicted, he should have to repay the City for all the resources that had been wasted in this investigation, although with a ruined career, it's doubtful he'd have the resources to do that until he writes a book.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '19

If Smollett is convicted, he should do the time his attackers would have received if the story was true.

kb2755 kb2755
Feb '19

He is yelling racism, and creating a false narrative against whites and Trump supporters.
Meanwhile, there have been hundreds of young white male college students who have been abducted ( possibly ruffied) tortured, and dumped into rivers by the
"Smiley face" serial killers.
Why is this not getting ANY media attention?!!!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wl1WR4NJ95llQmNo7bmfVg6pvrq-cgzX/view

Trump’s name comes up twice in the court filings. "On Jan. 17 of this year, among the things Hasson searched the Internet for included “what if trump illegally impeached” and “civil war if trump impeached.”

it also states his motive was a preoccupation with race and a nihilistic view that had no clear attachment to politics at all, outside of an unspecified antipathy for “liberalist/globalist ideology.”

clearly Trumps fault..

skippy skippy
Feb '19

4cat, why don’t you care now? You cared when you thought the people of this forum were unjustifiably picking apart his story bc you thought it was race-based. Now it turns out we were right all along and Smollett is actually the racist and now you don’t care? - - - Consigliere

+1, and a big sloppy +1 more to this, the rank one-sided partisan ship is showing it's skirts once again. Sad, really sad witnessing the lack of intellectual honesty coming from the extreme leftists out there. Boy oh boy do they ever walk in complete lock step with one another! Reminds me of collective unionized behavior where individuality is squashed for the good of the collective. The democrats have that behavior down real good. and it rears it's ugly head quite well in this very thread. Sad! (smh)

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

I agree GreyHawk, there is a lock-step, inability to be "intellectually honest" and reality-driven in thinking that is really cemented in the extremes of both sides - right and left - and it is apparent in threads, news and events across the country.

rleaf rleaf
Feb '19

Greyhawk.....I object to those who play judge and jury based on pre-existing biases rather than facts discovered during an investigation or after a trial.....those who instantly judge......

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

Yes, it is terrible how people took sides, made conclusions before all the facts were in, and voted guilty before the jury was empaneled. What's wrong with these people?. Maybe they just don't have access to the best information, a vast intelligence community, or the ability to reach out and ask anyone a question and get an answer.....

"I can tell you that it’s horrible. It doesn’t get worse.”
Donald J. Trump.

Maybe not. Maybe even the most powerful man in the world gets it wrong, in the beginning.

Feb '19

Prosecutors have just dropped all charges against Jussie. Would love to know the reasons why and hopefully will find out shortly. Chicago PD is up in arms about the decision.

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '19

The Prosecutors dropped all charges against Jessue Smolett, as I thought would happen.

I think those 2 guys that injured him turned around the story to make it appear that THEY were hired by Jussie to thug him. (HOW else would they get out of it?!)

they're guilty 100%. no one is going to hire people to do this to themselves. I hope those idiots get prosecuted next!!

Mar '19

Probably because the police chief said too much when he gave that press conference and they would have used that in the defense.

"After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteer service in the community and *agreement to forfeit his bond* to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case."

(emphasis is mine above)... let's reword this to "Jussie Smollet pays off city with $100,000 to avoid prosecution".

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '19

Yea ok Hackresident LMAO... This is a bizarre outcome...

Metsman Metsman
Mar '19

"I think those 2 guys that injured him turned around the story to make it appear that THEY were hired by Jussie to thug him. (HOW else would they get out of it?!)

they're guilty 100%. no one is going to hire people to do this to themselves. I hope those idiots get prosecuted next!!"

What?

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

Mark mc...it was only 10g...10% bond

Bug3
Mar '19

This is an absolute disgrace to the justice system and to each and every victim of legitimate hate crimes. It undermines law enforcement and investigators who spend countless hours on cases like this to have a progress Attorney General turn around and drop charges. I applaud the superintendent of police, he believes justice was not served and strongly disagrees with the outcome.

Infiniti2510 Infiniti2510
Mar '19

If he only paid 10% of the bail amount, it would have already been forfeited to whomever put up the other 90%, be it the City or a bail bondsman.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '19

How dysfunctional and laughable is all of Chicago? Both the Mayor and the Police Superintendent just had their presser (starts at the 4:59 mark) and claim to have not had any heads-up whatsoever from the Cook County State's Attorney regarding the dropping of all 16 felony counts.

https://youtu.be/A_6585-NNY0

How soon until Smollett files a civil suit against Chicago for besmirching his name in this matter?

Skippy Skippy
Mar '19

The really interesting part to me is that Michelle Obama interfered and put pressure on them to let Jussie go. Today, Mayor Rahm E. seemed genuinely angry - he's either a great actor or he is going against his old best friends, the Obamas.

Mar '19

Total train wreck!!!

Keep posting videos. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '19

"Foxx reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actor’s family had unspecified “concerns about the investigation.” Tchen, a close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife, said she was acting on behalf of the “Empire” actor and his family. A relative later exchanged texts with Foxx."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-jussie-smollett-kim-foxx-records-20190313-story.html

"Foxx ultimately recused herself from the investigation, but only after asking Chicago Police Department superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn the case over to the FBI at the behest of one of Smollett’s relatives and a former Obama administration official, according to emails and text messages obtained by the Chicago Sun Times."

https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett/status/965781389261070337/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E965781389261070337&ref_url= https%3A%2F%2F100percentfedup.com%2Fbreaking-jussie-smollett-case-dropped-police-reportedly-blame-prosecutor-with-ties-to-michelle-obama%2F

definitely no fix here lol.

skippy skippy
Mar '19

Is this the same Cook County Prosecutor that recused herself from the Smollett investigation?

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '19

Yes..most assuredly

Bug3
Mar '19

Indeed foxx

Skippy Skippy
Mar '19

LOL Metsman (is back.......)

Mar '19

(emphasis is mine above)... let's reword this to "Jussie Smollet pays off city with $100,000 to avoid prosecution"

Mark the $100k was the total bond he only had to put up 10%. he surrendered his $10k bond payment. So it actually sadder.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '19

my guess is that the prosecutor saw this as unwinnable in chicago - the last thing he wanted was a jury nullification, because that looks like official vindication of the person charged. declining to prosecute after a grand jury indicts looks like a political decision. The contact from Michelle Obama’s aide was a means to recuise herself and throw it over the fence. Remember this is not merely an allegation - there’s a grand jury bill that was squashed.

“In the Jussie Smollett case, a grand jury made up of his peers found there was evidence enough to indict him on 16 felony charges. Previously, The State Attorney General Kim Foxx had a text message conversation with Tina Tchen, Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff, and a relative of the Smollett to have the case moved to the FBI. She then recused herself and Joseph Magats took over the case and decided to drops all charges and the judge agreed to seal the case. The Mayor said that this was a whitewash of justice and that this is an instance of somebody being in a position of power and influence being treated differently and it is wrong. The Superintendent of Chicago Police said that justice was not served. Two Nigerian brothers who received a $3,500 check from Smollett were video taped buying the supplies for the alleged crime and with city video evidence and phone data the police were able to trace them back to the scene of the alleged crime and admitted Jussie Smollett asked them to fake a hate crime.”

Skippy Skippy
Mar '19

Rich celebrity people don't go to jail.

You really don't believe that do you Keri??

Bill Cosby, Martha Stewart, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Wahlberg, Chris Brown, OJ Simpson, Lil Kim, Phil Spector,

Just to name a few...

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '19

People don't pay others to injure them.

the 2 brothers injured the guy b3ecause something went wrong with their relationship. Jussie paid them $3500 for athletic training/body building, not to injure him. the brothers claimed they were paid so they wouldn't get prosecuted...they turned the story around. that's at least what I think.

Mar '19

And the fact that they were on tape buying the bleach rope and hats ? That’s not a quarrel

Skippy Skippy
Mar '19

Sure, money walks, the stats say so.

In this case, the prosecutors should have forced an admission of guilt at least. Just a clean walk with no allocution is not justice, not even a good deal.

Mar '19

Hackresident....do you really believe what you are saying?

So explain the video of him calmly walking back into his apartment (after) the supposed attack????

So explain why two guys of the same skin color would do racist things to another of their same color?

How does any of this make sense?

Total B.S. The only thing I can hope for is that enough personal reputation damage was done that his career self implodes and he has nothing left......I hope no one hires this disgrace of a human being!

The police chief said that the 10k did not even cover the city's costs in this........

Darrin Darrin
Mar '19

Maybe he was disoriented and didn't want to (run) back into his apartment. bleach can make people lightheaded.

I can't see someone paying 2 thugs to do this. and $3500 at that. the $3500 was for personal training for however many months.

that was my gut feeling when I heard the twist of the story.

Mar '19

1. they weren't thugs - they were also actors trainers etc.
2.. they admitted it - theirs no question as to what happened.
3. they are on video beating him up

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie-smollett-case-brothers-say-empire-actor-paid-them-to-participate-in-alleged-attack-source-says-2019-02-16/

Smollett was also willing to send two random innocent people to prison in the process. In interviews he stated he was willing to sign a statement to lock up bystanders... you cool with that?

skippy skippy
Mar '19

Thanks for the laughs Hackresident…..

Metsman Metsman
Mar '19

"So explain why two guys of the same skin color would do racist things to another of their same color?"

This one is easy.

1. To get attention to the cause. Things like this happen, right??
2. To deflect attention from themselves, for the reason you mentioned above. Couldn't be them, why would we do something like this. Go look at someone else.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Mar '19

Smolletts lawyer tell George Stephanopouloslous that they are considering a lawsuit. What nerve, but will happen.

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '19

Call for Avenatti.........

Mar '19

So they let him off the hook and the POS is going to sue.... Great job by Chicago to totally botch that case...

Metsman Metsman
Mar '19

Let me just understand this.. he perpetrated a racial hoax, got caught, got arrested, then unbelievably the charges were dropped. Now he wants to sue ?? HUH ?

I'm confused. Nothing here makes sense.

Bobbob Bobbob
Mar '19

That's my opinion and gut feeling, MetsBoy.

Mar '19

He won't sue. that will allow the sealed files to be presented as evidence.

Hackresident,
If your theory is correct, why would Smollet claim the two Nigerian body builders were WHITE AND WORE MAGA HATS??!!!

I have a strong feeling this is not over. There is still the matter of the fake letter Smollet sent himself which he laced with a white powder to give the illusion of anthrax (turned out to be crushed aspin). Sending fake threatening letters through usps is a federal crime. No home town cookin’ can save him from federal prosecution.

Speaking of federal prosecution, I’m calling it right now: there will be an FBI investigation of the county DA’s office and Kim Foxx specifically. This is not going away. And it shouldn’t.

Consigliere
Mar '19

Consigliere,

I didn't know that Smollette claimed they were 2 white Men. I guess I don't follow it like I do DT.

is the letter for sure sent to him, by him?

if these 2 are the facts, then my gut feelings are changed and he probably lied in parts to the police dept.

Mar '19

Spot on Skippy and Exactally Consigliere

How you can say this didn't happen and his charges should have been dropped is beyond me....he actually ADMITTED what happened.....the charges were dropped because they say he didn't commit a crime (other then filing a false police report) NOT because this didn't happen......

Darrin Darrin
Mar '19

https://wgntv.com/2019/03/27/chicago-police-release-jussie-smollett-case-files/

Case files are released
It’s pretty apparent this was staged .

Skippy Skippy
Mar '19

Chicago police are protesting.

FBI may investigate as well. And Fox could be in trouble due to possible conflict of interest and not recusing herself.

I am boycotting Empire.

This event will not do the left-wing movement any favors come election time. It's just more "thee not we", "friends in high places", elite class, "let them eat cake" arrogance, and it's damaging as well as dangerous.

Mar '19

I thought he was just a man....what does the left have to do with it that the right has not caused? Leave your politics at the door and focus on this man’s, the police, and the prosecutor’s actions. Not your own politics.

Mar '19

I think you forgot the ‘this is maga country’ alleged utterances of the nigerian attackers.

Toby cavanaugh Toby cavanaugh
Mar '19

This is a left-wing issue... he's a Trump-hater, he's black, he's gay, and the Obama connection is why he's getting off apparently scot-free.

Do you REALLY think this would be the case if it were a white Trump supporter who made up a story about 2 people in pink vagina hats attacking him, and sent himself an envelope with "white powder" in it? Then had one of the Bush's "make a call" to get him off the hook?

The police chief is 100% right on this. As is (gulp) Rom Emmanuel (assuming he's not ACTING, for his own good)

Mar '19

He is NOT just a man, this was very much politically driven

Here are some facts:

Jan. 22: One week before the reported attack, a letter threatening Smollett arrives at the Fox studio where "Empire" is filmed. The letter, later published by TMZ, contained a homophobic death threat against Smollett spelled out in cut-up letters. The envelope reads "MAGA," an apparent reference to President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan.

Jan. 29: Chicago police open a hate crime investigation after Smollett, 36, says he was attacked near his Chicago apartment. According to police, Smollett says two men approached him around 2 a.m., shouted "racial and homophobic slurs," poured an "unknown chemical substance" on him and wrapped a noose around his neck.

Police confirm to CBS News that in second interview with police, Smollett told detectives his attackers yelled "This is MAGA country."

This is a sad thing from the start. It was a hoax pure and simple. The MAGA references unfortunately ARE political.

Bobbob Bobbob
Mar '19

Hackresident can your gut explain to me how the 2 brothers knew Jussie was going to get subway at 2am in 20degrees? How did they know he would be where he was when he was?

It’s not like he got “jumped” on the way home from work or at a time where he was expected to be somewhere. If this wasn’t planned there is no logical way for the brothers to know he would be out at that time of day.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '19

I think it was colder than that - it was negative double digits

Skippy Skippy
Mar '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.