Trash pick up on snow days?

With the snow emergency in effect, does one still put their trash out for a Tuesday pickup? I am not sure what Sanico does as far as snow pickup days? Thank you in advance for any information.

Goodvibes Goodvibes
Feb '19

I live in Mansfield. Sanico has always picked up the trash during snow.

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
Feb '19

i usually check Sanico's Facebook page on bad weather days, they are very good about posting updates regarding pickup.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Feb '19

Sanico posted on Facebook that they will be operating on a 2 hour delay tomorrow, but to check their Facebook page for updates.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Feb '19

Thank you. I appreciate the information all.

Goodvibes Goodvibes
Feb '19

Sanico is closed Today, Tuesday waste to be picked up Wednesday, on their FB page.

We have Waste Management and our usual day for pick up is Tuesday but no one in sight here yet.

joyful joyful
Feb '19

PV will be tomorrow

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

Had a phone call this afternoon from Waste Management. They will be picking up tomorrow instead of today due to the weather conditions.

joyful joyful
Feb '19

Why wouldn't you just call the company and ask....

Again...
Feb '19

WM a little slow this time.....

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Feb '19

StrangerDanger:..Waste Management always calls a few days ahead of time if they are planning to pick up another day other than our usual pick up day. This time they did not so all of us did not call thinking they were just running late on Tuesday. However, they did call later in the morning on Tuesday to advise us of a pickup today as they were concerned about the safety of their drivers and others the day before. They are usually very good about keeping us alerted to any changes. (To answer Again's question....that is why we did not call)..

joyful joyful
Feb '19

Got my WM call today 4 hrs past pickup. Usually get mine like yours. Thought u were saying you got yours like I did this time. First time they ever did that.

Sometimes they say pickup over next two days. I got bears, two days, really....

But they lowered my bill a good amount, ty HL. And they are flexible, so snall change issues.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Feb '19

I guess I missed HL's tip on how to lower the garbage pick up bill...StrangerDanger...We usually only have one can that goes out each week and our last bill for 3 months was $179.86. Wish I could get that lowered too..

joyful joyful
Feb '19

Oh my gosh joyful! That is way too expensive. Sanico is only $75 quarterly!

Njchia Njchia
Feb '19

Thanks, Njchia. Looks like I better start making some phone calls..

joyful joyful
Feb '19

I have WM and had the same issue. Called them to cancel and told them the pink guys were half the price. They then switched me over to someone else in another department and they said they would match the pink guys. Try it!

Same for WM. Just called, said I didn't want to change but competing bid (from HL, tvvm) was $xx.xx. They were very nice and changed my bill.....going forward.

Not quite a match; $30 and change each month $90.65 per quarter.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.