Venting thread 2019

People that take full advantage of very hard workers that are diligent, reliable and kind.

I dismissed and overlooked a lot for quite awhile. I’m at my wits end at this point..come Monday they will be getting my two weeks notice.

Positive Positive
February 8th

So sorry to hear, Positive.............you definitely deserve what you give and more

Jump and don’t look back, positive!

"Who Moved My Cheese" - it can be scary at first, but accept and embrace the good things about change.

Unless dire reasons- nobody should work at a job where they are unhappy or treated poorly. Don't kick yourself and don't look back!!

Feeling betrayed by an immediate family member who lied and broke trust with our family. Will be hard to forgive this person for what they’ve done and the consequences that will come of their actions. Feels impossible to think about a rebuild.

Best of luck positive - you deserve to be treated better

Best of luck positive, I will be praying the special door opens for you

Old Gent Old Gent
February 8th

About a year ago I resigned from my job after 15years. I was scared as hell but made that choice and took a chance and made the change. It was a rough start but since then I have realized being happy and valued at your job is more important. It's what you need for your body and soul. It has made me a much better person mentally. And don't worry the universe will give you what you need as long as you believe in yourself. Have faith and good luck .

Fishcatcher Fishcatcher
February 9th

Ugh! Sorry, Positive. Best of luck to you.

Calico696 Calico696
February 9th

This happened to me. I got promoted and my boss was god awful. Treated me awfully and with no respect. Switched jobs and have never been happier! Don’t be afraid to make the change! Your happiness comes first.

Youfriend Youfriend
February 9th

Go for it positive. Wishing you the best.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
February 9th

Bad bosses or bosses you don't "mesh with" rarely improve. Makes steps to move on early on versus waiting months or a year or two when things will reach a climax, i.e. you are fired or you quit...

Thank you so much guys!

Positive Positive
February 9th

Welcome to the "American Dream" or nightmare, as I like to call it. This happens in every field. Thank god for Bottle King!

Again...
February 11th

Re: Venting thread 2019

Made me laugh and thought of this thread. Couldn't wait for Fri. Fun.

Ugh! Won't argue with stupid.

February 16th

Thank God for Bottle King on-line ordering, either for mail, delivery, or pick-up.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
February 16th

Just curious, positive...did you end up giving your two weeks' notice?

No. I thought about it and decided to not run but to stay and report this person to upper management. Whether anything is done or not at least they are aware of what this person is doing. Maybe a different stage would be set for future employees that would work under him. If nothing is done it will continue to be a revolving door.

Also, I didn’t want to act hastily and leave myself without a job, even though I’ve been looking.

Hopefully things will get better for you.

Good plan Positive. Do keep up with your job search and look/consider for an internal move away from this Manager if possible.

2 idiots, high on drugs, get saved by Narcan. 1 killed 3 innocent people at a gas station in Wayne NJ. Another 1 driving school bus, with kids on board.
Save them??!! Sorry but I say NO! RIDICULOUS!!!

February 22nd

When someone asks, can I call you in an hour? And they never do.

Commercials pushing “tele-docs”. They show a mom with a sick baby, rolling around on the changing table, crying, whilst her husband is in a chair with an injured shoulder, whining. She’s on a cell phone conference with a “qualified doctor”. Is this a sign of things to come? More sci-fi coming true.
Another vent: too many ads that say I’ve got cancer, hep c, this, that, the other thing.....and the treatment causes ten more “things”...uuuggg....

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
February 25th

I get it that no one likes to feel slighted, but I wish people didn’t have to call out every little thing on HL. I mean when you can walk on water, then have at it.

RAS..Sadly I agree with you..it seems that too often these days a break is needed from HL. I often wonder about those that complain about everything and are always negative. Are they that way around family, co workers and friends or just here. I hope they’re nicer face to face.

Bessie Bessie
March 6th

Why do people advertise their services and then after you contact them, they never respond? I don't get it. Is that how you run a business? WOW!

3 weeks ago

Over-optimism?

Supposed friends who only call when they need something......

Positive Positive
3 weeks ago

Or friends that you always have to call...

Don’t expect the hysteria to end. Hysteria has used up far too much time.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
3 weeks ago

Feeling helpless with the multiple nuisance calls, now both on my cell and homeline. Tried the “do not call” option, but to no avail. I never pick up, I block on my cell phone, Monday through Friday this house is ringing early morning til 8 pm. Oh, well, it could always be worse,

Watch out for scammer trying to rent apt on HL classifieds.

3 weeks ago

JudeKS......National No Call Register.
It never hurts to be on as many of these lists as possible.

More details needed for the Scammer that's trying to rent out a ficticious apartment, please........

Hackresident Hackresident
3 weeks ago

I am sick of all the negativity that spews out if my family members mouth. It's exhausting and sucks the life out of me!

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
3 weeks ago

omg, the news cycle, Don’t expect the hysteria to end.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
3 weeks ago

Hackresident- 1 bed 1 bath 676 sq ft.
My friend called and turns out there isn't an apt. Poster is in another state, claims heading to Hackettstown and had accident and needs her to send $$.
BEWARE!!!

3 weeks ago

That classified is toast. The picture sure did look generic.

GC-sure did.

3 weeks ago

My car has "emergency braking" and it is the most annoying feature of all time. And it has to be manually disabled every time I get in the car. I am an attentive driver and I find that the emergency braking has been more dangerous to me in times when I've tried changing lanes or passing a turning car and the car cuts my gas. We need to make smarter people, not smarter cars.

Tracy if it's like my prius - which has all the new safety stuff, you can adjust, disable etc

GreyHawk I find myself not watching or reading the news way way depressing and hysterical.....No news just hysteria and overreaction to every thing...

citychick citychick
3 weeks ago

4catmom, I can disable it, as I mentioned, but it's not just a switch. I have to scroll through three menus on the dash computer. And I have to remember to do it each time I start the car because it defaults back to being enabled.

There was a pretty serious accident in Washington late yesterday afternoon. What was absolutely disgusting were the amount of looky loos lined up on the sidewalk on Rt. 31. This included moms with strollers, and various others with their cell phones out recording. It looked like they were waiting on a parade to pass by or something. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Calico696 Calico696
7 days ago

Tracy, you may have sensitivity levels for the emergency braking. Mine has 3 levels and I run in the middle which is perfect.

iJay, I haven't been able to find a sensitivity option. It's either on or off. I've gotten pretty good at disabling as soon as I get in the car now. I have an Infiniti QX60.

Ugh! Some jackwagon rear ended me on Rt. 31 this morning. This is the forth time I have been rear ended on that road. The auto body loves me. Sigh......

Calico696 Calico696
3 days ago

Sorry Calico...hope you weren't injured.

Thanks Tracy, I'm ok.

Calico696 Calico696
3 days ago

That sucks Calico. I'm glad you're ok though.

jrsemom jrsemom
3 days ago

Ugh what a way to start a Monday morning! So sorry!

Calico, Glad you’re ok. Your car can be fixed, you, could be another story. I had the same thing happen to me in September and now I’m so nervous I’m going to get hit again.

Glad you are ok Calico. People in a hurry and following too closely. It is epidemic out here.

justwondering justwondering
3 days ago

Thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate them.

Calico696 Calico696
3 days ago

Glad you're okay Calico, happened to me on 80W coming home in stop and go traffic. I actually saw it coming as the girl behind me was texting or looking at her phone. Saw it from my rearview mirror. She then had the nerve to say her brakes failed. Everyday I see so many people on the phone or texting. People are unreal these days.

Thanks kb. Yup, this guy said the same thing, his brakes didn't work. He was a young guy from PA. Probably looking at his phone.

Calico696 Calico696
3 days ago

Calico, was that about 7am on southbound 31? I was going north to the dump and saw some police action with a rear ender there.

Oh wow did you have a day today. I may not know you, but I am glad that you are ok. Shaken, I am sure, but ok. It may have been a crappy experience, but it could have been worse. I am glad you were able to get up and walk away from it :)

Sunshine Girl Sunshine Girl
3 days ago

MK - No, it was about 6:15 am. Sadly there are rear enders and worse every day on that road.

Calico696 Calico696
3 days ago

No politics means never having to say you’re sorry. ;-)

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
17 hours ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Venting thread 2019
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.