Optimum Altice Internet

Does anyone have internet through Optimum? I know Comcast/XFinity is the primary cable internet provider in town, but Optimum's website assures me they offer service in our area, even though I just had quite the back-and-forth with a customer rep who indicated they do NOT service our area. Trying to confirm 100% before I figure out my next move

The R The R
Jan '19

If Comcast is available at your address...Optimum is not. There are franchise agreements in place. In terms of traditional cable companies you can have only one option. Fios is something all together different. If they ever come to Hackettstown (don't hold your breath)...that would be an option.

Route 46
Jan '19

The 07840 zip code covers a bunch of different townships. Cable goes by township, not the zip code so they cannot tell if all they know is 07840. If you are in Allamuchy Township then Optimum is your provider. If you are in Hackettstown, Independence, or Mansfield then it's Comcast. There is no such thing as a "primary" or secondary cable provider. It's only one per township.

That's what I suspected. Interesting that the Optimum website indicates my specific address is in their service area. When I told the rep that, she didn't really seem too concerned that their website is incorrect. Anyway, shortly after, they sent me an e-mail saying I am NOT in their service area. Comcast it is ugh

The R The R
Jan '19

There is an optimum hotspot at panther valley mall

djdowd2 djdowd2
Jan '19

type in your address at

https://order.optimum.com/Buyflow/Storefront

djdowd2 djdowd2
Jan '19

Don’t worry your not missing much from Altice One. The technology has to be one of the buggiest devices on the planet. Basically it only works 50-75 percent of the time. The guy who installed it last year basically said to me I’d be calling them every few weeks to report problems with the box, control, internet etc. because we were basically the beta testers for this.

When I lived in Bloomfield I took Fios for granted.

PsychoNetsFan PsychoNetsFan
Jan '19

Parts of Cat swamp road and 519 going north towards 80 are all optimum customers. From the other sides of independence it is Comcast. That’s the line essentially. I’m not sure how far down the Optimum line goes, but I would imagine not too much farther. 07840 as mentioned before encompasses all those fringe areas where optimum is present in the zip code, but not available to your residence. Hope this makes sense.

Yourfiberguy
Jan '19

Thanks for the input everyone.

Psycho, very interesting re the Altice One being so undependable

The R The R
Jan '19

I got the Altice One boxes just about a year ago. Granted when I first got them, they were a little buggy. But after they pushed out a few updates to the software, for me, it's been fine and no problems at all. Guess it can be hit or miss just like most everything else.

thomasnj thomasnj
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.