Epileptic German Shepherd "Duke" LOST on Alphano (FOUND)

Hey all, a friend texted me that his German Shepherd named "Duke" who is relatively thin and epileptic somehow got out. "Duke" was last seen on Alphano Road near the turnaround by Nykun's Farm.

If you see Duke, please call my friend's family at 908-619-4507 or call 908-763-1790

Thanks so much, and of course if they haven't followed the normal recommendations yet, I'll pass those onto him to let his family know (putting out food, worn clothing, etc.).

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '19

Re: Epileptic German Shepherd

Here's a picture, taken just this morning. While it doesn't show him standing, it does show his facial markings and his right side haunch area.

As an add on, he's 3 years old.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '19

Poor Baby.........hope he gets home soon.....

littlelu littlelu
Jan '19

Is he friendly? Is he skiddish or will he come when called?

Shady Shady
Jan '19

@shady he's pretty skittish and timid. He's not that good with strangers. Thank you to everyone reading and looking out for him if you are

Tommy Tommy
Jan '19

Tommy

He's one handsome guy all right, especially with his cool eye and head marks! Neat pillow behind him too. Later on, you can tell me where you got it. I hope you find him today. If not, I'll be out tomorrow after work to help, and I'll see if Andrew can come along for an extra pair of eyes (that don't have to be watching the road). Good luck!

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '19

Hope he is found soon. He is adorable.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

After 12 hours of searching we've come up empty. If anyone lives in Independence/hope area and wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for him on their way to work tomorrow I'd really appreciate it. It's cold out but he's a tough pup. Please contact me at 908-763-1790 if you see anything. Thank you to all who have helped and thank you Phil for posting this. Time for some sleep and then I'll be back at it.

Tommy Tommy
Jan '19

Prayers for Duke in this freezing, wet weather! :(

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '19

I sent this post along to the Allamuchy FD as well, so they are aware and keeping an eye out. I hope he's found soon!

Heather1 Heather1
Jan '19

Duke was last spotted at nykuns farms towards the back fields about an hour ago. A friendly man called us and helped us search but we found nothing. Going to look more but if anyone's in Independence please keep an eye out. My number is 908-763-1790

Tommy Tommy
Jan '19

wow, that is great. the best of luck, I hope you get him soon!

Contact that 11th Hour Rescue---they've help Hack. Life readers find their pets.

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '19

Yes given the low temps the past few days- it is great to hear someone saw him now that it is a little warmer.

Good luck!!

11th hour says they have nobody available to help. If anyone has a drone we could use we'd be willing to pay money to use it

Tommy Tommy
Jan '19

Check with the Independence Township Animal control officer!

Knowing Knowing
Jan '19

Tommy,

Look up "Romeo" on these threads and contact t he people specifically that are mentioned. I think they work THROUGH 11th Hour Rescue, and maybe they can personally help you.

All these dogs and cats missing. Do they dart out of the house unexpectedly?

Jan '19

Poor Duke - I hope he is found soon.

skippy skippy
Jan '19

Put out some of your clothing in that general area and maybe some aromatic-type food and a humane trap. Scents might bring him back. That's one of the tricks that lured Romeo (the dog). Good luck. Wish there was a sighting of Baxter in H'town.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jan '19

Duke is home! Paws are a little bloody and he's got some hitch hikers stuck in him but he's excited for food and warmth. Thank you all for your well wishes and tips I truly appreciate it.

Tommy Tommy
Jan '19

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear this...

littlelu littlelu
Jan '19

YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '19

Great News!!!! So glad to hear Duke is found...

joyful joyful
Jan '19

I had a good feeling once I heard he was spotted near Nykun's... glad the story had a happy ending.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

@Hackresident "All these dogs and cats missing. Do they dart out of the house unexpectedly?"

Um, most likely! My animals are ninjas when the door opens! All it takes is a split second and they can dart out. Most vulnerable times are when company comes over if they are not used to animals being around can leave the door open too long upon entering (drives me nuts, how long does it take you to walk into a house??!!! lol) or if a gate to the yard you don't normally use is open from a contractor, landscaper, etc. Sometimes animals can dart right off the leash. Sh*t happens and they are way faster than you are!

For the most part we are extremely careful, maybe even overkill sometimes, like making sure the cat is closed in a room when we're expecting people and the dog is either out in the yard, crated, or we have a good hold on her because we know it can happen very quickly and my heart goes out everytime I see one of these posts. So happy Duke found his way back home. :)

somechik somechik
Jan '19

Awesome news!

Glad to hear it!

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

All of us, who are obviously animal lovers, rejoice in Duke coming home.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jan '19

So glad!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '19

Yes! So happy for you, Tommy!

Jan '19

He's home and enjoying his brothers company. We brought our dachshund down to the last place he was spotted and we're thinking duke caught a scent of him and circled back. Again thank you to everyone for the tips and help. Dukes already snoring and I think it's about time I do the same.

Tommy Tommy
Jan '19

So glad he's home safe. Wish there was some good news about the missing Chi Baxter.

marjon marjon
Jan '19

He's very handsome!

Jan '19

awesome news!! no doubt Duke is loved very much!

worried worried
Jan '19

Great news Tommy!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaay. What awesome news ❤ Welcome home Duke.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jan '19

So happy he is home!

Shady Shady
Jan '19

So glad he came back- I posted him on a FB site so will take him off!
Get some rest, you must be exhausted from stress and missing him.
Colloidal Silver spray for his paws is a must :)

Iam so happy he is back with you-now when he sleeps watch his feet if they twich he may be dreaming a bout his adventure blessed be to all

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '19

Y'all should have heard the cheers from us at work when I got the text from Tommy that he'd been found:-) Lots of dog owners and lovers in our area and of course since it was Tommy's furry bud, that made it even more important to us all!

The only not so good thing was when I went cruising slowly through Reese, etc. today looking for Baxter I had no luck at all:-(

Phil D. Phil D.
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.