Hackettstown in the News 2019

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ekKbp75kRqGcfHpw9p1z26U7Jp9REIdt&ll=40.06672190251001%2C-74.72670404999997&z=9

NJ.com's top food choices Google Map (drive.google.com)
several Hackettstown and area business here..I saw this online and thought folks would enjoy

skippy skippy
Jan '19

Man turns himself in regarding September incident at Bea McNally's.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/01/aggravated-assault-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-hackettstown-police.html

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

It's great that they have him in custody. But how does picking up a butter knife from a table get one charged with fourth-degree possession of weapon for an unlawful purpose and third-degree unlawful possession of a weapon?

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jan '19

Picking up the knife under normal circumstances doesn't... brandishing it at someone while in the midst of a physical altercation does.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

“But how does picking up a butter knife from a table get one charged with fourth-degree possession of weapon for an unlawful purpose and third-degree unlawful possession of a weapon?”

Because anything can be used as a weapon. A shoelace, pencil, computer mouse, car keys or whatever. All are tools that can assist the user in causing harm, if that’s their *intent*.

Possession of a weapon though? Every single person is guilty of that charge every day, all day long so that’s kind of a ridiculous “kitchen-sink” charge imo.

justintime justintime
Jan '19

Drunk driver crash on Main St. last Friday.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/01/dui-driver-overturns-crashes-into-porch-in-hackettstown-cops-say.html

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

Wow the DUI's are contagious the last few days it appears.

A Hackettstown woman hits a utility pole drunk and caught a possessing marijuana charge too.

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/hackettstown-woman-charged-with-dwi-and-drug-possession-after-crashing-into-utility-pole-in-byram-twp/

It didn't take that long for WAWA to be in the news!!

https://www.njherald.com/20190129/2-employees-of-newly-opened-hackettstown-wawa-accused-of-stealing-over-1k

Kailey
Jan '19

Is anyone else wondering why a 19 year old from Brooklyn, NY would be working at a Wawa in Hackettstown, NJ? The pay isn't that great for a commute like that. LOL

I would assume that he is living locally and did not change his address, which is also weird.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

He is/was a student at Centenary.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '19

I bet his parents are thrilled...

Metsman Metsman
Jan '19

Ah, didn't even think of that. Makes perfect sense now.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

http://www.wfmz.com/news/western-new-jersey/hackettstown-woman-arrested-for-heroin-distribution/996839031

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '19

Desai, an Indian? Man, has Hackettstown changed. You wouldn't even find an Indian in the 90s unless they were going to Centenary.

Sorry there, iJay, but Ushma Desai grew up in Hackettstown-went to school with my kids, and I am so very sad to hear this. She was a good kid. I hope she can get her life back on track.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Feb '19

Went to school with people from many different ethnicities in Hackettstown high school in the 90’s - IJay’s point is one that is sure to reinforce people like myself wanting to move out of here. Even more rural areas of the northeast possess much more progressive ideas of community and inclusion (I know that comment doesn’t speak for all).

kepa
Feb '19

Welcome to America iJay.

Htown Htown
Feb '19

Hey Kepa. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. I think Ijay was just making an observation. Your super sensitive pc victim hood seeking radar is a little off.

Electric Bear Electric Bear
Feb '19

Yes, just an observation. And yes hopefully she gets her life in order.

It’s a really false observation though, I grew up in town and I had many Indian classmates in the 90s...

Protest? Protest?
Feb '19

Re: Hackettstown in the News 2019

Not really. .07%. Anecdotes aren’t an argument.

Feb '19

I believe American Indian in that chart is referring to Native Americans not people from India.

I sure as heck didn't see one on Main Street in the early 90s, didn't see illegal hispanics either...

Greg is correct. People from India would be included in the Asian percentage along with Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Ssh Greg, let EB make the point that we are diverse...

I think it’s not too hard to prove H-town more diverse every year combined with a renewed Nationalism from our Whiter friends in the past 3 years pushing back against diversity.

We have always looked down on new groups; liking folks once we know them as individuals but gripping about them as a group. So Juan is good but Layinos on Main are mostly illegals.

As long as we remain polite, life goes on.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '19

Yes thank you for pointing that out. So we are probably talking about 1% at the most. Just because one makes an observation about demographics doesn’t mean we need to turn our ‘progressive nose up’ and hire a moving van and move to Oregon. But by all means. Please.

Feb '19

One is not making an “observation about demographics” when they say man, has Hackettstown changed - that implies that they are regretting that the population is not 100% white as they imagined or remembered, especially when they follow it up with an unrelated comment about “illegal Hispanics”. To say, there is a lot of Indian people in one town or area would be an observation, but the tone of disapproval here makes it something else entirely to me, which I will always feel the need to address.

kepa
Feb '19

Sounds like you’re implying racism where there may not be any at. All. I’m sure being a victim feels good.

Feb '19

OMG love how the liberals turn this into a racial issue...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

The liberals? Huh? Did you miss iJay identifying and bringing her race into the conversation or...?

Protest? Protest?
Feb '19

Fact,
The white race is going to be a minority soon. The numbers are in. It's a done deal. This has more to do with family values than anything else.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

Liberals didn't "turn this into a racial issue", Mets. iJay did, when he brought in the race of the woman arrested, and commented that "Man, changed". Those who responded correctly pointed out to iJay that Hackettstown has been, and continues to be a diverse community. How is that "liberal"?

summerrain1 summerrain1
Feb '19

Ok...can we PLEASE keep this thread open for what’s going on in Hackettstown? Start a new one for people who want to hate on someone different then them.
I keep clicking back on this thread thinking something else happened in our town. Only to waste my time for hate filled stupidity.

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Feb '19

In 10k years or less the entire world will look the current people of Mongolia. Modern transport and intermixing does it. I saw it in just one generation in the Midwest. My point was 25 years ago and a reflection on today...

the new world order is here

what LivingLifeLovingLife said

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

Pathetic, all posts were related to Hackettstown in the news; just a minor diversion...

I don't see anything racist about iJays post. Just an observation. But the PC police have to make everything about race. I have a different experience. In Roxbury there were quite a few Indians that I went to school with. My neighbors were Indians as well. What's next if someone says there were no Mexicans living on Main St in the 1960's they're racist for mentioning it?

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

“Pathetic, all posts were related to Hackettstown in the news; just a minor diversion...”

Isn’t that the exact name of this thread?...Re: Hackettstown in the news 2019 appears right above the reply box. Or was it just sarcasm?

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Feb '19

Let's not forget about the designer babies people! And the aliens!

Homosapien Homosapien
Feb '19

A post by Stranger Danger. Removed in error:

Feel good story of the year:

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/centenary-university-hosts-tim-tebows-night-to-shine-an-unforgettable-prom-for-extraordinary-people/

https://www.timtebowfoundation.org/ministries/night-to-shine

Cool !!!

Feb '19

Will their be re-training involved :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '19

What a wonderful event! Tebow is better suited for off field things IMO.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

A great athlete, and person!

Denis Denis
Feb '19

A former Hackettstown teacher may avoid prison after admitting he sexually assaulted a student over two years. But he will never teach in New Jersey again. On Wednesday, almost four years after his arrest, 45-year-old Michael Martino, 45, of East ...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/04/former-hackettstown-math-teacher-admits-he-sexually-assaulted-a-student.html

Yeah, but will he get pension and healthcare?

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
April 12th

I know of students that married their teachers after they graduated, guess back then the laws were different, but I know they kept their romance on the q.t. in high school.

and I loved Elvis Presley and Priscilla, but that wouldn't be 'okay' these days. I know others (men) who were 45 years old and dating a 17 year old female which the father approved. He married her. glad it worked out for them both in the end, in the timeframe it happened in.

Hackresident Hackresident
April 12th

I don't remember ever seeing the police post on Facebook one of Burke's press releases before this one. With the guy's address too.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
April 12th

He was a great teacher according to my son... really got him into math and was one of the few that could explain it well and make it interesting. I do remember though on back to school night thinking he looked. A bit like a creeper... but I do feel for both sides in this situation

H-town Mama H-town Mama
April 14th

HACKETTSTOWNPD: Severe weather/heavy rain threat tonight into Monday. Isolated tornadoes are also possible. Click link for details. nixle.us/AXLPE

Walmart to get renovation :
https://www.nj.com/news/2019/04/13-walmart-stores-in-nj-to-get-96m-in-renovations-including-pickup-towers-see-if-your-store-is-on-the-list.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
3 weeks ago

Its already happening in Hackettstown store.
(Really Mansfield)

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
3 weeks ago

in my opinion charging (with a 3rd degree charge) a 14 year old for setting some dry grass on fire in a smaller than 12' area causing no damage( other then burned brush) it says he tried to extinguish the fire but couldn't so he obviously realized he made a mistake.
i dont know what he will get as a juvenile for this but as an adult this charge is 3-5 years jail $15k fine, as someone who was tossed into the juvenile system at his age i can only imagine the future that is to come, maybe a class with local fire dept, or bring him to a burn ward.
I did something less minor at 14, with a 4th, and was taken from my family for 5 years

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/14-year-old-boy-charged-with-arson-in-hackettstown-brush-fire/?fbclid=IwAR3fyQJCvz91xxGet5lumPwpKcUjV-krSsxUiwibjfAz0DxxSZn5BJMCfl4

I agree DH a bit excessive. Heck if I was charged each time I lit some grass field on fire when I was a kid, I'd still be paying fines.

Anyone know this person?

Honestly if you are 2 bit criminal attempting to enter a vehicle at least glance around a bit to look for cameras! Putz...

https://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/man-caught-video-entering-cars-hackettstown-repair-shop-pd?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=hackettstown&fbclid=IwAR23YxVLGyO8Ej-o4wITgzp-NPMkQ0qWt2PbZ_zsKCQYqjo7uyX_jBYaYKU

That's a decent-quality video. If the police are actually trying to locate/identify him, you would think they would provide some enhanced screenshots of his face, instead of telling us about the fact that he was wearing white ear buds.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
4 days ago

So a thief gets the police to do this but our hit and run was a "nah, that's not for us."

Such a strange world

strangerdanger strangerdanger
4 days ago

Hackettstown police early Friday morning pulled over a vehicle driven by Morgan Doran, 21, of Netcong, New Jersey, on a traffic violation, according to a news release. The officers sensed the smell of alcohol coming from the vehicle and Doran was ...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/05/drunken-driver-comes-to-police-station-to-pick-up-drunken-driver-authorities-say-charges-all-around.html

wow. that story is nationwide.

Not too bright.

Believe it or not, I have two good friends, brothers who ended up in the same situation. It was 25 years ago. We nicknamed them dumb and dumber.

In the early AM and he still pulls the school zone turbo charge....

The second guy was DOA?

Drunk on arrival....

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
22 hours ago

As the famous line goes "Stupid is, as stupid does" or something like that hahahahah

citychick citychick
22 hours ago

Stupid they are, but at least they weren't from Hackettstown.

6 hours ago

Sebby Rehm went to Htown High.. so yes, technically he is fromHtown

H-town Mama H-town Mama
5 hours ago

Oh ok. I was just going by the article.

1 hour ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Hackettstown in the News 2019
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.