Hackettstown in the News 2019

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ekKbp75kRqGcfHpw9p1z26U7Jp9REIdt&ll=40.06672190251001%2C-74.72670404999997&z=9

NJ.com's top food choices Google Map (drive.google.com)
several Hackettstown and area business here..I saw this online and thought folks would enjoy

skippy skippy
Jan '19

Man turns himself in regarding September incident at Bea McNally's.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/01/aggravated-assault-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-hackettstown-police.html

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

It's great that they have him in custody. But how does picking up a butter knife from a table get one charged with fourth-degree possession of weapon for an unlawful purpose and third-degree unlawful possession of a weapon?

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jan '19

Picking up the knife under normal circumstances doesn't... brandishing it at someone while in the midst of a physical altercation does.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

“But how does picking up a butter knife from a table get one charged with fourth-degree possession of weapon for an unlawful purpose and third-degree unlawful possession of a weapon?”

Because anything can be used as a weapon. A shoelace, pencil, computer mouse, car keys or whatever. All are tools that can assist the user in causing harm, if that’s their *intent*.

Possession of a weapon though? Every single person is guilty of that charge every day, all day long so that’s kind of a ridiculous “kitchen-sink” charge imo.

justintime justintime
Jan '19

Drunk driver crash on Main St. last Friday.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/01/dui-driver-overturns-crashes-into-porch-in-hackettstown-cops-say.html

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

Wow the DUI's are contagious the last few days it appears.

A Hackettstown woman hits a utility pole drunk and caught a possessing marijuana charge too.

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/hackettstown-woman-charged-with-dwi-and-drug-possession-after-crashing-into-utility-pole-in-byram-twp/

It didn't take that long for WAWA to be in the news!!

https://www.njherald.com/20190129/2-employees-of-newly-opened-hackettstown-wawa-accused-of-stealing-over-1k

Kailey
Jan '19

Is anyone else wondering why a 19 year old from Brooklyn, NY would be working at a Wawa in Hackettstown, NJ? The pay isn't that great for a commute like that. LOL

I would assume that he is living locally and did not change his address, which is also weird.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

He is/was a student at Centenary.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '19

I bet his parents are thrilled...

Metsman Metsman
Jan '19

Ah, didn't even think of that. Makes perfect sense now.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

http://www.wfmz.com/news/western-new-jersey/hackettstown-woman-arrested-for-heroin-distribution/996839031

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '19

Desai, an Indian? Man, has Hackettstown changed. You wouldn't even find an Indian in the 90s unless they were going to Centenary.

Sorry there, iJay, but Ushma Desai grew up in Hackettstown-went to school with my kids, and I am so very sad to hear this. She was a good kid. I hope she can get her life back on track.

summerrain1 summerrain1
Feb '19

Went to school with people from many different ethnicities in Hackettstown high school in the 90’s - IJay’s point is one that is sure to reinforce people like myself wanting to move out of here. Even more rural areas of the northeast possess much more progressive ideas of community and inclusion (I know that comment doesn’t speak for all).

kepa
Feb '19

Welcome to America iJay.

Htown Htown
Feb '19

Hey Kepa. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. I think Ijay was just making an observation. Your super sensitive pc victim hood seeking radar is a little off.

Electric Bear Electric Bear
Feb '19

Yes, just an observation. And yes hopefully she gets her life in order.

It’s a really false observation though, I grew up in town and I had many Indian classmates in the 90s...

Protest? Protest?
Feb '19

Re: Hackettstown in the News 2019

Not really. .07%. Anecdotes aren’t an argument.

Feb '19

I believe American Indian in that chart is referring to Native Americans not people from India.

I sure as heck didn't see one on Main Street in the early 90s, didn't see illegal hispanics either...

Greg is correct. People from India would be included in the Asian percentage along with Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Ssh Greg, let EB make the point that we are diverse...

I think it’s not too hard to prove H-town more diverse every year combined with a renewed Nationalism from our Whiter friends in the past 3 years pushing back against diversity.

We have always looked down on new groups; liking folks once we know them as individuals but gripping about them as a group. So Juan is good but Layinos on Main are mostly illegals.

As long as we remain polite, life goes on.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '19

Yes thank you for pointing that out. So we are probably talking about 1% at the most. Just because one makes an observation about demographics doesn’t mean we need to turn our ‘progressive nose up’ and hire a moving van and move to Oregon. But by all means. Please.

Feb '19

One is not making an “observation about demographics” when they say man, has Hackettstown changed - that implies that they are regretting that the population is not 100% white as they imagined or remembered, especially when they follow it up with an unrelated comment about “illegal Hispanics”. To say, there is a lot of Indian people in one town or area would be an observation, but the tone of disapproval here makes it something else entirely to me, which I will always feel the need to address.

kepa
Feb '19

Sounds like you’re implying racism where there may not be any at. All. I’m sure being a victim feels good.

Feb '19

OMG love how the liberals turn this into a racial issue...

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

The liberals? Huh? Did you miss iJay identifying and bringing her race into the conversation or...?

Protest? Protest?
Feb '19

Fact,
The white race is going to be a minority soon. The numbers are in. It's a done deal. This has more to do with family values than anything else.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Feb '19

Liberals didn't "turn this into a racial issue", Mets. iJay did, when he brought in the race of the woman arrested, and commented that "Man, changed". Those who responded correctly pointed out to iJay that Hackettstown has been, and continues to be a diverse community. How is that "liberal"?

summerrain1 summerrain1
Feb '19

Ok...can we PLEASE keep this thread open for what’s going on in Hackettstown? Start a new one for people who want to hate on someone different then them.
I keep clicking back on this thread thinking something else happened in our town. Only to waste my time for hate filled stupidity.

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Feb '19

In 10k years or less the entire world will look the current people of Mongolia. Modern transport and intermixing does it. I saw it in just one generation in the Midwest. My point was 25 years ago and a reflection on today...

the new world order is here

what LivingLifeLovingLife said

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '19

Pathetic, all posts were related to Hackettstown in the news; just a minor diversion...

I don't see anything racist about iJays post. Just an observation. But the PC police have to make everything about race. I have a different experience. In Roxbury there were quite a few Indians that I went to school with. My neighbors were Indians as well. What's next if someone says there were no Mexicans living on Main St in the 1960's they're racist for mentioning it?

Metsman Metsman
Feb '19

“Pathetic, all posts were related to Hackettstown in the news; just a minor diversion...”

Isn’t that the exact name of this thread?...Re: Hackettstown in the news 2019 appears right above the reply box. Or was it just sarcasm?

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Feb '19

Let's not forget about the designer babies people! And the aliens!

Homosapien Homosapien
Feb '19

A post by Stranger Danger. Removed in error:

Feel good story of the year:

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/centenary-university-hosts-tim-tebows-night-to-shine-an-unforgettable-prom-for-extraordinary-people/

https://www.timtebowfoundation.org/ministries/night-to-shine

Cool !!!

Feb '19

Will their be re-training involved :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '19

What a wonderful event! Tebow is better suited for off field things IMO.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

A great athlete, and person!

Denis Denis
Feb '19

A former Hackettstown teacher may avoid prison after admitting he sexually assaulted a student over two years. But he will never teach in New Jersey again. On Wednesday, almost four years after his arrest, 45-year-old Michael Martino, 45, of East ...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/04/former-hackettstown-math-teacher-admits-he-sexually-assaulted-a-student.html

Bug3
Apr '19

Yeah, but will he get pension and healthcare?

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Apr '19

I know of students that married their teachers after they graduated, guess back then the laws were different, but I know they kept their romance on the q.t. in high school.

and I loved Elvis Presley and Priscilla, but that wouldn't be 'okay' these days. I know others (men) who were 45 years old and dating a 17 year old female which the father approved. He married her. glad it worked out for them both in the end, in the timeframe it happened in.

Hackresident Hackresident
Apr '19

I don't remember ever seeing the police post on Facebook one of Burke's press releases before this one. With the guy's address too.

Apr '19

He was a great teacher according to my son... really got him into math and was one of the few that could explain it well and make it interesting. I do remember though on back to school night thinking he looked. A bit like a creeper... but I do feel for both sides in this situation

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Apr '19

HACKETTSTOWNPD: Severe weather/heavy rain threat tonight into Monday. Isolated tornadoes are also possible. Click link for details. nixle.us/AXLPE

Bug3
Apr '19

Walmart to get renovation :
https://www.nj.com/news/2019/04/13-walmart-stores-in-nj-to-get-96m-in-renovations-including-pickup-towers-see-if-your-store-is-on-the-list.html

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '19

Its already happening in Hackettstown store.
(Really Mansfield)

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
May '19

in my opinion charging (with a 3rd degree charge) a 14 year old for setting some dry grass on fire in a smaller than 12' area causing no damage( other then burned brush) it says he tried to extinguish the fire but couldn't so he obviously realized he made a mistake.
i dont know what he will get as a juvenile for this but as an adult this charge is 3-5 years jail $15k fine, as someone who was tossed into the juvenile system at his age i can only imagine the future that is to come, maybe a class with local fire dept, or bring him to a burn ward.
I did something less minor at 14, with a 4th, and was taken from my family for 5 years

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/14-year-old-boy-charged-with-arson-in-hackettstown-brush-fire/?fbclid=IwAR3fyQJCvz91xxGet5lumPwpKcUjV-krSsxUiwibjfAz0DxxSZn5BJMCfl4

I agree DH a bit excessive. Heck if I was charged each time I lit some grass field on fire when I was a kid, I'd still be paying fines.

Anyone know this person?

Honestly if you are 2 bit criminal attempting to enter a vehicle at least glance around a bit to look for cameras! Putz...

https://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/man-caught-video-entering-cars-hackettstown-repair-shop-pd?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=hackettstown&fbclid=IwAR23YxVLGyO8Ej-o4wITgzp-NPMkQ0qWt2PbZ_zsKCQYqjo7uyX_jBYaYKU

That's a decent-quality video. If the police are actually trying to locate/identify him, you would think they would provide some enhanced screenshots of his face, instead of telling us about the fact that he was wearing white ear buds.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
May '19

So a thief gets the police to do this but our hit and run was a "nah, that's not for us."

Such a strange world

May '19

Hackettstown police early Friday morning pulled over a vehicle driven by Morgan Doran, 21, of Netcong, New Jersey, on a traffic violation, according to a news release. The officers sensed the smell of alcohol coming from the vehicle and Doran was ...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/05/drunken-driver-comes-to-police-station-to-pick-up-drunken-driver-authorities-say-charges-all-around.html

Bug3
May '19

wow. that story is nationwide.

Not too bright.

Believe it or not, I have two good friends, brothers who ended up in the same situation. It was 25 years ago. We nicknamed them dumb and dumber.

In the early AM and he still pulls the school zone turbo charge....

The second guy was DOA?

Drunk on arrival....

May '19

As the famous line goes "Stupid is, as stupid does" or something like that hahahahah

citychick citychick
May '19

Stupid they are, but at least they weren't from Hackettstown.

May '19

Sebby Rehm went to Htown High.. so yes, technically he is fromHtown

H-town Mama H-town Mama
May '19

Oh ok. I was just going by the article.

May '19

Oh my, is there a gas leak in nearbye? this is just as bad as the DUI at the police station and the buddy came drunk to get him last week SMH LMFAO

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/police-woman-crashes-into-utility-poles-while-drunk-then-husband-arrives-at-scene-drunk/?fbclid=IwAR3MMF04wUCZn9_TwEI4HyjDUQM8EXgm2YQ0trDuQV3kpIxyrLENls736pA

You know what they say- A family that gets booked and processed together, stays together! LMAO!

thats a good one, i think ill say that to give your statement some backing Greg lol

What the hell is wrong with these people? She should’ve called anyone, but her husband. I understand the problems of addiction and the need to self medicate...especially in these times, however they are using a legal substance. Let them “dull the pain”, at home or anywhere they cannot hurt someone. Thank goodness it was utility poles and not another person. Both of my adult children have loooong commutes. I pray every moment of every day that their safe.

May '19

I don't understand anyone that is dumb enough to drive drunk. Stay home if you want to drink. The consequences are too high.

Metsman Metsman
May '19

Now both of them will be without a license and will have to pay hefty fines. They could even lose their jobs. They royally screwed themselves.

Positive Positive
May '19

Based on where they live, could be a case of “affluenza”. Then the case will probably be dismissed. Never underestimate the power of money. I could be wrong, here. I don’t know these people, but, unfortunately, there’s no more privacy with the internet.

May '19

Mount Olive doesn’t play games.

I bet they were coming from a holiday BBQ or something like that. They should’ve had a designated driver. It only takes one stupid mistake to ruin a life or lives.

Positive Positive
May '19

Does anybody know what is going on with the Washington Township police blotter? It used to be "a man" or "a woman" on their facebook page, but then at their other page they would name the individuals. I haven't seen an entry with names in five months.

A Hackettstown man is facing more legal trouble for calling 911 when he was kicked out of a local bar and then banned for life, police said. Police were called at about 11:33 p.m. May 25 to Marley’s Gotham Grill, 169 Main St., for a reported dispu...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/06/man-called-911-because-bar-kicked-him-out-and-banned-him-for-life-cops-say.html

Bug3
Jun '19

SMH. It was on the news in NYC and around the nation. LOL. So stupid. His FB page says it all. Let's hope he makes better choices in his future and it's a wake up call to be a better young adult.

DogDayAfternoon
Jun '19

Another Business theft in town. a month ago was a kid that broke into cars in a car repair shop in Hackettstown. On Patch.com 2 days ago. This time, 2 thefts of tires off Main Street in town. Does anyone recognize this van by chance? There are some numbers. Make Hackettstown safe and crime-free!

https://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/34-tires-stolen-hackettstown-garage-pd

Jun '19

$41/tire? Were they for wheel barrows?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '19

I'm thinking you may be correct about wheelbarrow tires. Perhaps the tires were for lawn tractors and such.

Pretty gutsy move in the middle of the day with a van. However, I guess it wouldn't look odd as it looks like a delivery van so why not give it a shot.

My lawn tractor tires run $80...….for some reason, smaller does not equal cheaper....plus, who would steal a bunch of tiny tires? Frustrated tire thief who can't find the big ones? Where's he going to pawn those off?

Maybe it's the owner's cost, ouch for us on that margin....

Jun '19

Does a lawn company or home improvement business need tires like this? ............

could the tires have been used tires at the place and been cheaper? do these places sell used tires at 1/4 to 1/2 the cost of a new one?

Jun '19

Some of the common sized tires in a lower "S" or even "H" speed rating aren't that expensive such as this "Goodyear eagle rs-a P195/60R15 88H vsb all-season tire" for $47.99 at Walmart, and that's the price they're selling it for. For insurance purposes, etc. they'd have to report what it cost them for the tires, not the retail, since they were stolen while "in stock". If a customer had somehow been able to have them mounted on their car and made off with the tires without paying (not too easy to do, but not impossible), then they would report the full retail on the tires and the cost of MVB on them as well.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

That Randie guy is in trouble every other week....

Metsman Metsman
Jun '19

Hackettstown’s new website is up and running on desktop. Mobile site still not done. But it looks good!!

Jim L Jim L
Jun '19

link?

not this kid not this kid
Jun '19

I still see the old version on both my mobile and my desktop.

http://www.hackettstown.net/

Jim L Jim L
Jun '19

Greg you still see the old one on your desktop? Weird. I see the old one still on the mobile version but on my desktop its the new version.

Jim L Jim L
Jun '19

Yes it's strange. I cleared my cache as well as tried a different browser with no luck.

Just tried the link on mobile and it’s the new site lol

justintime justintime
Jun '19

really JIT you got the new site on your mobile? well that's even weirder. lol

well it looks good and it has everything i wanted, a calender for meetings, more userfriendly docs and meeting mins. Plus there is a link to sign up for E-SUBSCRIBE so you can get alerts about meeting agendas. More communication with the public, somehting i pushed for the last 4 years.

Jim L Jim L
Jun '19

Maybe I’m wrong, I assumed it was new because I haven’t been there for a while and I’ve never seen this version. I just remember all the script from the old one...

justintime justintime
Jun '19

Def the new one, just went there on my work pc and see the same new page. Much better than what I remember.

justintime justintime
Jun '19

That is the new site. I am unable to see it. I have tried clearing cache, using different browsers, and different modems. Forced reloads as well as disabling using cached web pages. A neighbor still has the old version as well. I think perhaps Comcast uses cached pages. Who knows! LOL. My wife sees the new version at work however.

Try typing the address in your browser and not the link u have saved to be directed to the new site?

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '19

yup that's the new site. Still can't get it on my mobile.

Jim L Jim L
Jun '19

Oddly enough on my cell phone, if I connect to an XFINITY hotspot I get the new site. When I get home I'll try that as well rather than one of my two networks. That suggests to me that Comcast uses cached webpages.

Or they changed dns for the new site and you have it cached

Skippy Skippy
Jun '19

Greg

Since you said you already cleared the cache, maybe you should check your cookie files and delete the cookies associated with the old web site too.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

Jim L

One question. Since just about everyone has Adobe Reader, but not everyone has MS Office or another Office app downloaded, why can't the Town post things like the Street Listings and Historical Preservation application as a pdf, rather than a doc file? The Historic District map is in pdf, but the application is in doc.

It would make things more consistent and easier IMHO.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

Man arrested for simply being well protected

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/hackettstown-emt-allegedly-had-a-homemade-arsenal-in-his-sussex-county-home/

Lamppost Lamppost
Jun '19

I have never heard of anyone not having Word. Where does that person live?

Jun '19

Reggie Voter

I, and a number of people that I know don't have Word and ordinarily don't need it and/or want to pay for it. Besides, if the town is using Word to create a document, they can just as easily output a .pdf for the website as they can a .doc, so why not make it consistent throughout the website or have a choice of which format you can DL?

Websites are supposed to be end user friendly, no? The idea being to inform the public at large. How many people don't have Adobe Reader and where do they live, eh?

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

Reggie. If you have a Chromebook or just use Google Docs, there is no need for Word.

DogDayAfternoon
Jun '19

Lampost - well protected and an EMT in Hackettstown. Scary.

DogDayAfternoon
Jun '19

“Simply being well protected “ Lamppost?
He sounds more like a bomb waiting to go off.
Great job by the authorities heading off a potential school lockdown.

Stymie Stymie
Jun '19

He "made his own" weapons. I take that to mean that he bought parts seperately and assembled them, including filing serial numbers off the receiver. Perhaps a PA shipping address to have the parts sent to, or maybe didn't even need that. If he truly made them (proper firearms) himself from scratch, he'd have to have access to some a nice machine shop, as well as plans an the proper metal, etc. I don't think 3D printing is near that point yet, even with metal-infused media, except for those close range, possibly blow up on you pistols, but I could be wrong.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

A little more than “simply defending himself”. Not only were the serial numbers scratched off his weapon, that he carried, whilst on duty , there’s this:
“The investigation began after a female from the Borough reported that Zaremski sent pictures to her employer which depicted religious or ethnic insensitivity, in an effort to harm her employment, police said.”
Illegal weapons are ILLEGAL, for a reason. If he was an EMT, should’ve had a clean record and be able to buy all the guns he wanted. Obviously....this was something altogether different. Stymie is right...this guy was a ticking time bomb.

Jun '19

so glad they found him before he became bigger news........

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

It’s always interesting how assumptions always seem to meander toward each of our personal beliefs.

justintime justintime
Jun '19

"It’s always interesting how assumptions always seem to meander toward each of our personal beliefs."

Confirmation Bias. It's what makes Facebook so effective at mental control. Once AI knows how you feel (political preference, attitude towards a topic) or what you like (marketing) it automatically feeds your addiction just like a drug addict.

JIT, you are so right. Good post.

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Jun '19

Another Captain Obvious moment intuitive to the casual observer. Would something different be expected. It can’t be. That would be outside our expectations.

Jun '19

True, justintime. If a black guy in Camden or a guy with a Muslim/Arab sounding name had this arsenal and scratched off the serial numbers on their guns people would definitely have some assumptions, don’t you think?

Pcisnt4me Pcisnt4me
Jun '19

How about a black Muslim. Or is that a double negative?

Some call it preconceived notions; others call it life’s lessons. Certainly nurture, not nature, or is it? Perhaps it’s reptilian brain response to suspected repetitions of danger. A burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice — reptilian brain won’t let you do that sort of thing. And then again, some remain aloof while pointing fingers as if immune by self identification. Could be self incrimination perhaps. A cry for help. Always interesting though. Of course, this is just gibberish. Or is it?

Jun '19

This guy was a loose cannon in the making...

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the News of the Weird thread. LOL

Fight over stolen Taylor ham.

https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/2017/10/03/stolen-taylor-ham-leads-assault-charges-hackettstown/726523001/

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '19

Nothing good ever comes from a pork roll.
lol

happiest girl
Jul '19

"The report is not clear on whether or not the ham was part of a sandwich"

OMG, I can't believe that sentence is in a news article!! LOL!

maja2 maja2
Jul '19

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2019/cocaine-heroin-meth-found-during-traffic-stop-in-hackettstown/

Hopefully she goes away for awhile. Tough living on the same street as this mess.

Hopefully the kid beats the cards she was dealt by this upstanding responsible citizen.

https://sussexandwarrencountynjcriminallawyers.com/hackettstown-woman-left-young-daughter-home-alone/

Animal_Lover_Always
Jul '19

Hopefully she gets help...prison doesn't fix drug addiction

Bug3
Jul '19

Truly unfortunate. Animal lover. What kind of trouble does she cause over there for you ?

Matilda Fuentess Matilda Fuentess
Jul '19

Harshing the mellow right off the pork roll story.

Jul '19

Hopefully the kid isn't living with her anymore.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

I feel bad for Ms. Gamba, without knowing all the details of her life. She needs a support system, not prison AND losing her child. Sounds like she was just trying to keep it all together. Her job. Her life. Probably couldn’t afford child care, but makes $28k a year, so wouldn’t qualify for services. No child support. No daycare. No grandma. Maybe she was “forced” into motherhood. No time off work or insurance coverage for rehab. Maybe she didn’t want to be homeless, first, to get any help and risk losing her child. There’s so many variables to such an equation. I don’t condone her behavior but I think there’s more to this, than meets the eye.

Jul '19

Funny, she can afford the drugs though.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

Guilty-Remnant, sorry, but I do not feel sorry for her. She made a choice to do drugs, which obviously escalated. She has a child and THAT is priority number one regardless of how, when, where, or with who she had a child with. How do you know so much about her life like how much she made and no grandma and so on? There are programs in the state to help. How about she put her life straight and do the right things and for the sake of her child and not use MONEY on drugs? How about not getting arrested? How about not driving on drugs or with drugs? Blah blah. Feeling sorry? She is not the victim here. The child is and god forbid if she was ever high driving and hit the car your family was in. Would you feel sorry then? I bet not. I hope she gets help. It's no life for her child.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '19

I had a family member who was using and no one felt sorry for her. She just pissed people off. Thankfully she turned her life around and is doing well now. It can be done.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

"Sounds like she was just trying to keep it all together. Her job. Her life."

really? having crack, meth and heroin on her driving down my residential road sounds like someone is keeping all together? My kids play outside all day and ride their bikes down that road, glad this ticking time bomb didn't run them over while she was driving.

Jim L Jim L
Jul '19

Leaving the child at home was last year. This year she stepped it up to drugs. I hope that her daughter is in the care of someone else.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jul '19

Forced into motherhood???

Sorry, no bueno. Get out of my neighborhood and find help somewhere else. Maybe she can move in next to you while she finds her way.

Driving down the road where my kids play with syringes and dope ain’t good. No sympathy here. Scary.

Next thing you know she is driving through a gas station like the kid in Wayne. That family that died was a tragedy. Now that’s something I have sympathy for.

Ordained
Jul '19

First off, I know nothing about this person. All those examples I gave were hypothetical possibilities. She has a job( according to the article), indicating to me that she’s trying to do the right thing. When a person can’t pay a ticket, it can snowball out of control. Was the child in good health? Was she left with an irresponsible babysitter? Unanswered questions at this time, so my sympathy lies with her AND anyone else who was/is in danger, her, her child, you guys, and your kids. I didn’t see that the “child alone” article was last year. Thanks Walking Girl. That DOES change the scenario.
I do know that some drug addicts have chronic pain, maybe from an accident or genetic condition, and started using addictive medicine to continue with their life. It’s possible that they didn’t even know what addiction actually entailed. When the medication is taken away, they cannot take care of themselves, much less a child. She could’ve been a loser, her whole life, OR things made a quick spiral down hill. I said that I DO NOT condone her behavior. Without knowing all the facts, I felt sympathetic. She WAS’NT driving erratically. She got caught by a random plate check, indicating suspended license ...another drawback while trying to keep her job. If I knew what the suspension was for, that could change my view. Who knows? I’m just going by what I read. Like I said, so many variables.
Anyone, who has a chronic condition, would flounder if their medication were taken away. She is proof that the war on drugs, the way it’s set up now, doesn’t work. She should be in rehab and her child with a responsible relative, if possible...but not prison, unless she injured another person. DUI puts others in danger. I get that. Was SHE driving erratically? Other countries know how to handle this problem. Did you guys really find needles and stuff, on the ground, where your children play? I’ve only seen them on the ground near Shopright and Walgreens. That angers us, also.

Jul '19

Sorry, Guilty-Remnant. Still don't agree. Sounds more like you're making excuses.
I have had chronic pain and you know what? Due to drug addicts getting what I used to get for my pain is like jumping through hoops now, so I go without and live with pain every day. Not severe pain, but enough. I also suffer from migraines. That is also hard to get now and all because of people like her. Stop making excuses. She chose to be a drug addict. Chose to be a crappy parent and put her child and neighborhood in danger and so on. I'm one of those people that does not think it's a disease, either. She needs help and her child taken away, which it should already have been. There is plenty of childcare help. Plenty of programs in the state for that, drug addicts, and so on. Excuses abound.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '19

@dogday I too suffer from chronic pain and did the opiods route, gave it up due to not wanting to become dependent on them. My Dr recommend going down the medical marijuana route to relieve pain, as they added a few more diagnoses to the list you can get it for. It's a bit expensive to get into but well worth it if it's you want relief. Don't know your stance on it just offering a suggestion that helped me. Sorry to go off topic.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

I was just thinking that lately, Yesimpc.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '19

Make excuses? Nah... I just try to play devil’s advocate and absorb/share a different perspective. Everyone is different. I know an acupuncturist that really DID cure his own diabetes and a host of other ailments without insulin or other medications. Should all diabetics stop their insulin, just because HE was able? Point is, we’re all different. Different families. Different body chemistry. Different backgrounds.
Did I just see “marijuana”? I don’t want a bunch of roaches lying on the ground, where my children play or people dangerously driving stoned around my neighborhood! It’s still federally illegal and psychologically addictive. There....I just played devil’s advocate for the other side, also. Truthfully, I don’t think anyone should have to suffer, no matter how they choose, as long as another person doesn’t get injured by said choice. Sorry I led us off topic. It was interesting, though.

Jul '19

Sorry, I can't have empathy for people that are driving through my neighborhood with syringes and meth on them.

Let them move in next to you and drive up and down the road with that poison in their car while your kids are playing catch in front of the house.

Then you can play devil's advocate all you want.

Animal_Lover_Always
Jul '19

There are plenty of people who have chronic pain that don't use meth and whatever other garbage to stay afloat. That's life. If you can't manage your pain then see a doctor. You don't turn to dangerous narcotics that can kill you and others around you. That child should have been enough motivation to steer clear of that crap. I think people like this need mental health help. No sense of coping skills which seems to be part of the drug epidemic.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

Coming from the perspective of a 11 year recovering alcoholic and an auto immune chronic pain patient:

I think the excuse of pain and being prescribed opioids to explain addiction is largely over played. The thing with recreational drugs is that they work. They work better than most prescriptions and supplements. They do what they say they’re going to do.

That’s the real allure when you break it down. People all want things that work. And when they find something that does they tend not to let go too easily.

Doctors get blamed out of convenience. It’s not their fault in the majority of cases. Human beings have been bending their consciousness since the beginning. It’s not a new phenomenon.

Jul '19

Cry for help or Mother from Hell? People have been "self-medicating" since the dawn of pain relievers; alcohol is the king.

"Doctors get blamed out of convenience" Perhaps some, but not really. The problem is opioids work, DRs used them to ease pain, they are highly addictive, they were over-used and under-monitored, and there are cheap alternatives on the black market. Key words are overused, highly addictive, cheap alternatives, work.

"You don't turn to dangerous narcotics that can kill you and others around you." Really? When you are physically hooked, you can't see grabbing readily available alternatives versus going cold turkey? You can't see expanding your downers with some uppers?

I have seen DRs recommend whiskey to ease the pain. Think of all the WWII alcoholic vets that we grew up with and who suffered most from that advise. More than 20% of all PTSD victims are hooked on something.

Now we overreact to the point that persons in pain, in short-term pain, for which these drugs are the best solution, are denied. Meanwhile, we throw the rest of the medically addicted to the street for alternatives. Or they can just do the right thing, snap their fingers, make a life-choice to end addiction by waving a magic wand. May work for a few, but will not help the majority.

Some say, hey, just switch to the weed. Isn't that just another alternative, this one with dubious returns, over one that works? Are you trading potential addiction for sleepy, forgetfulness?

Sure, there is self-control, but there is far less self-control for those physically addicted after hooking up with prescription opioids. .

Is she a weak person of low moral character? Did she fall into the physical addiction trap? Does she have no support or has her support network given up? We don't know the answers, and I, for one, am not going to pre-judge. Just know there are two people in danger, one is totally innocent, but taking a child from her Mother, no matter the reason, is not good. I would look for a path to recovery before I would trash this family. Based on the story, it does not look good but we really don't know.

Jul '19

Pain management, addiction, illicit drugs, depression, hard luck on life are not the issue here.

What is the issue is that there is a person driving through residential roads with syringes, meth, coke and heroine where people are walking, living, playing etc.

Her demons are hers and I wish her the best in finding peace, wherever that peace may be. But when she puts my family into danger, I draw the line.

There was a father and son filling up there car with gas earlier this year when a junky high on heroine drove off the road and took both of their heads off. They never saw it coming, their lives cut short and their family left to pick up the pieces. The junky will go to jail and have an opportunity to rehabilitate and get past his demons if he can. The video is there for all to see. So sad.

The father and son had their life issues and challenges and they didnt deserve it. I don't want this happening to my family or anyone else's. If she wants to die in her closet with a needle in her arm then so be it but make a choice that puts my family at risk and I'm done with it.

Get her off the streets before she kills an innocent person or family. End of story. Regardless of what she has had to deal with.

Animal_Lover_Always
Jul '19

SD I'm sure those WW2 doctors weren't telling soldiers to drink the whole bottle. LOL...

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

Matilda how bout those pill mills in Florida. Or the recent revelation, not that it was hidden, that the big pharma companies used drs to purposely over prescribed in the Appalachian mountain area. Not all docs had malicious intent but a large portion knew what was going on. It's the reason we are in this epidemic today.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

Whsy about all those doctors on bergen county that got busted for prescribing too many pain killer pills

Bug3
Jul '19

Yes there are bad docs. They’re not victimizing people by giving them meds for pain. They’re getting rich off of addicts.

The point is. People do drugs to get f&$@ed up.

Don’t blame some knee injury for your desire to get wasted.

Jul '19

That's pretty short sighted. These docs prescribed, and many cases over prescribed, very powerful opiods. They did so with the knowledge that it was overkill and highly addicted. Many people did not know what they were getting into. You should be able to trust your doctor has your best interest in mind, not his wallet. Once they were good and addicted there's really no stopping that train. I in no way condone what the woman did, she needed help getting off it. Its a two way street. If they have no desire too then it's not going to happen unless forced. On topic she should have to pay for what she did but we need to also treat the root of the problem. Otherwise the cycle will just continue.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

Cmon my wife had back surgery in March. She only took pain meds if she absolutely needed to. She has some leftover that she didn't take. Some people have no tolerance for pain and pop them like M&Ms. I had knee surgery to repair my ACL and miniscus 20 years ago. I only took pain meds to be able to sleep. You can't drown out all pain. That is ridiculous.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

Yesimpc what you put into your body is your decision. Not your doctors. If you don’t have enough sovereignty maturity intelligence or self awareness to take drugs, legal or not, just do the rest of us a favor and don’t partake.

Jul '19

I don't use opiods. I am glad that you and metsman both never developed any problems from taking any. Yes it is there choice. When a doctor says there are no adverse side effects and to take a pill 5x stronger than needed, that's when the problem starts. That's really the only point I'm trying to make. Not one side is the blame but most patients are not going into taking opiods to get high. They were misinformed from the get go. Big pharma and the kick back to the docs that took that route knew exactly what they were doing. Read into Bayer if you want to see how awful that company is, they have a bad track record dating back to WWII if not before.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

All the pill did for me was make me tired and I fell asleep. I couldn't be popping pills all day. I had to stick my leg in a machine several times a day to get my flexibility back the first few weeks. It hurt like a SOB when I did it. During the day you can be distracted by TV and video games. When it's time to sleep, that's the time to take a pill and knock yourself out.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

I agree metsman in the beginning of my treatment they had me on them. Best it so was help me forget the pain was there for a bit. I was reminded pretty quick though that there is no quick fix. I think everyone can agree on chronic pain sucks.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

I’m sorry. I don’t see how you could pop a pain pill then get high from it. Want more. Then claim to be misinformed. They’re drugs people. Just because a man in a white coat and a piece of paper on the wall says it’s ok it doesn’t change the fact that you’re dabbling with dangerous drugs. Blaming the doctors is a cop out. It makes obtaining drugs that help us harder.

Blaming doctors is an attempt to shift the blame from the user and it’s not helpful for anybody.

Jul '19

The thing is most people aren't going and getting high from it. They are legit taking it for pain. The dose they are prescribed ends up not being strong enough. Doctor ups the dose. Patient trusts the doctor. Repeat cycle until the addiction is formed. It's not hard to understand. Many doctors knew this would happen, the big pharma companies knew it would happen. To not place blame on them is irresponsible and leads to it happening again with something else. Yes, people should research what they are putting into their body. I would guess that many don't though as they believe a doctor, whose job it is to guide you, would not deceive them. Many even told patients there was no risk and out right lied. I mean it's really not a secret anymore how it was handled, plenty of evidence out there. I am dropping it here to let this thread get back on track.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '19

When I have short term acute pain, opioids are the best. Mets; you can get ones you can stay awake with, ones that knock you out. When I hurt, I like both!

Bad writing Mets, the whiskey rec was recent, the WWII boys just didn’t know better; often they didn’t even know about PTSD. They just knew drinking takes the pain away until gettong hooked causes more pain. Lots of drunks created after that War. How many of is grew up with alcoholism? How much different than opioid addiction? Does the difference matter that much?

Yes, no one wants impaired people driving. Was she impaired? Any DUIs? But I don’t think anyone wants the impaired on the roads; even those on medical pot.

Jul '19

Thanks for pointing that out - no where I’m that article did it state was she charged with driving under the influence - just possession. I am not sure the driving on the revoked was even correct - notice they made the seizure as a plain view not search incident to arrest - if it were any place other than warrant county none of that would stand up. That probable cause is shaky as hell. In New York v. Class, scotus stated you have no expectation to privacy in your license plates - that’s the basis for the stop a if the MVR data is faulty she may get the case tossed. I don’t advocate the use of narcotics but let’s not throw out the baby with the bath water here kids.

Skippy Skippy
Jul '19

Not that we want druggies in our neighborhoods or on our streets.

Jul '19

Good point skippy. Very good. It’s not like she’s slumped over with a needle in her arm after plowing through a playground.

YesimpcI don’t know how you can take OxyContin or anything similar and not get high. I’ve tried just about all there is out there rx opiod wise. You get stoned.

Jul '19

Right, she was keeping the needle in plain sight for when she got home.

We can put up lots of security at the schools "in case something ever happens" but in this case we will take a wait and see.

Makes sense

Animal_Lover_Always
Jul '19

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/07/police-involved-shooting-being-investigated-in-warren-county-official-confirms.html#incart_push

Bug3
Jul '19

Nobody is saying that - from the article it seems that the impaired driving comments were erroneous. In addition I would not be shocked it the seizure got thrown out of the MVR was in error or there was question as to weather or not the syringe could be seen from the outside of the vehicle in a purse.

Skippy Skippy
Jul '19

please stop hitting on the ladies who put things up for sale you know who you are thank you

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jul '19

OK so I do know the person in the article. First of all, I do not in any way condone ANY of her actions. She has clearly made horrific choices and hopefully will get help. That being said, her child is safe and hasn’t been living with her. This is 100% her doing. Never “forced” into motherhood, has money so could get help if she wanted it, has a wonderful support system. I know everyone always wants a reason these things happen, but sometimes, people just make bad choices. No chronic pain to start with, nothing like that. Just liked getting high and escalated. It doesn’t make sense and it won’t make sense.

Anonymous
Jul '19

This is just awful:

4catmom 4catmom
Jul '19

I hope Justice is served

Skippy Skippy
Jul '19

That is so upsetting. He is the only doctor in town we liked. I hope the allegations are proven false

Innocent until proven guilty.

Keep in mind the last line of that doc...

justintime justintime
Jul '19

He wasa disgusting creep years ago and still is!!!!!!

Just b me
Jul '19

Just goes to show you can not trust ANYONE!

Jul '19

If they can’t be proved, the prosecutor should be dinged mightily as having a real process problem, at minimum. It’s a lot of charges.

Jul '19

Parents of teen girls, as confident of a young lady you might think they are, they are not confident enough to be alone in an exam room with a physician.

Innocent until proven guilty. However, suspicious or stupid to be alone with a female patient. May justice be wise!

maja2 maja2
Jul '19

Just by me. Can you cite any examples of disgusting or creepy behavior?

Jul '19

Matilda, he would say very rude and inappropriate thigs to my son at that time he was only 5. The drs behavior had started to alarm me and never went back.

Just b me
Jul '19

maja, where in the news release does it say that the "alleged" victims were female?

ianimal ianimal
Jul '19

Pelvic exams for a respiratory infection does seem over the top.

Timmy
Jul '19

Ianimal, true it did not. Bad assumption on my part.

maja2 maja2
Jul '19

Its in this article

Hackettstown pediatrician arrested on allegations he sexually touched 2 patients
A Hackettstown pediatrician was arrested Tuesday on accusations he inappropriately touched two of his patients, one of them during two separate examinations. In both cases, 65-year-old Dr. Jagdish Chugh is accused of touching “an intimate part of ...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/07/hackettstown-pediatrician-arrested-on-charges-he-sexually-touched-2-patients.html

Bug3
Jul '19

I don't see any reference to gender in that article, either.

The only reason why I think it "might" be males making the complaints is that "sports physicals" are listed as a primary service of the practice and maybe he allegedly got inappropriate during the "turn your head and cough" portion of it...

ianimal ianimal
Jul '19

Most boys don't have intimate parts of the body ...thats a female term

Bug3
Jul '19

Males don’t have intimate parts? What’s the penis count as ?

Jul '19

Doesn't sound like a slam dunk case. It's probably all hearsay.

Metsman Metsman
Jul '19

It's definitely not "hearsay"... but it's likely going to be a case of "he said/they said".

And "intimate" is just another word for "private". Everyone has "private parts". You've been watching too many Vagisil commercials (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jul '19

Some men are more intimate with their private parts than others :-)

Jul '19

With that list of charges I’m pretty sure whatever happened was caught on camera / audio for that very reason

Skippy Skippy
Jul '19

Sad part is he gets to continue to treat patients until his trial

Skippy Skippy
Jul '19

This information is all much too vague for me to condemn a man who has faithfully treated my children since their birth. I'm always in the room and always watch his every move, just because that's what parents do. He has a no-nonsense personality. He is professional, quick, and efficient, and I cannot believe these allegations that have been made against him.

The article doesn't detail any specific actions, the patient's ages, medical conditions, or genders. And my friend Skippy, there is no mention of any "camera / audio" information in the article either, so please don't try to add any fabricated information to this vague story.

Without a solid story to go on, one can just as easily assume that a couple of friends put their heads together to try and get some money from (and ruin the professional reputation of) an honest man. And if this turns out to be the case, wouldn't the slander of his great reputation be "sad"?

For now, I am going to stick with the facts that I know first-hand, which are noted in my first paragraph. He is innocent until proven guilty.

TownParent
Jul '19

TownParent unfortunately people learn this crap from our politicians and their dirty smear tactics if in fact this is what's going on.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '19

So l am a little confused here... 1st of all he is a doctor I thought that's what doctors do they check you out and make sure everything is OK the 2nd thing is if the kids are minors or whatever what parent does not go into a Room while the child is being examined?? It sounds like a conspiracy to me those 2 people supposedly knew each other one of them probably didn't like him so they scammed to make him look bad... It seems like more people are coming out in defense of him then more people are coming out with more stories to disgrace him..I think an Investigation should have been done before they go accusing him...

Mongie Mongie
Aug '19

Mongie. Do you think the prosecutor and police skip the investigation before filing charges? That would be a pretty inefficient way to go about criminal justice don’t you think? Innocent til proven guilty? Sure. Am I bringing my son for an appointment? NOPE!

Aug '19

It all depends on how politically connected the accusers are

Bug3
Aug '19

Victim shaming....amazing

Nosila Nosila
Aug '19

If there was neighborhood nightly news. Too funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRrjpWeyYGI

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '19

What I don't get is all the charges state......"without consent"............seems to me you can't give consent to sexualy molest.......SOOOOOO my guess is kids went in for ck ups, doc does what he is supposed to do....my son gets his privates cked, for hernia....
BUT perhaps with NO parent there nor a docs aid or nurse, kid comes out tells parents he touched my privates and they raised hell.

Perhpas the docs biggest mistake was not having someone in the room with him.

I don't know just thinking out loud, because why else would they use the words "without consent"...............

We've used him for 20 years, i've always been in there but when my son turned 16 i asked him if he wanted me in there.....cause you know mom seeing his junk might of been something he didnt want. He wanted me to come in but if I didnt I know the doc would have still done the turn your head and cough thing.......I have just never seen him do anything wrong or he never came across as a creap...that said pedifiles don't wear signs......

Im not great at getting my thoughts out on paper or computer lol hope I've made some kind of sence......

littlelu littlelu
Aug '19

Reading how vicious these comments are helps me realize why victims are usually afraid to come forward in things like this. I've talked to people who have had similar experiences (not necessarily with doctors), and they're like, "why would I put myself through all of that"? I think it takes a strong person to decide to come forward if something happened to them.

The damage is done. Once it hit the news, that doctor was guilty until proven innocent. I don’t him. Used a different doctor, for my children. I went in with them, during the examination until they turned 12 (or when ever they kicked me out). Since they were old enough to talk, I gave them the “good touch, bad touch”, lesson, so they wouldn’t feel fear if they had to talk to me, about something like this. Luckily we escaped that situation.
It should be illegal to print that someone “was charged” with XY or Z, until after the trial. I understand charging and conviction are different, but not everyone does. I’m sure there’s parents that wouldn’t go to this doctor, just because of this article. It’s a knee jerk reaction. If my children were going to this doctor, I would have “the talk” with my kids, again. Sad but true. Gotta wait for the trial. Always communicate, nonchalantly with your kids, regardless of age.
You’d think a pediatrician sees so much....ummm...private parts, all day long,they’d be bored with that. Guess I’m naive, and lucky that my kids grew up without that trauma (as far as I know).

Aug '19

LMAO! Calico- That news report was very funny! At the end of the report when Constance says "there never going to find that cat" was hilarious.

Nobody is "victim shaming" here. I think we're wanting to identify who the actual victim IS in this case, the accuser or the accused.

TownParent
Aug '19

Use common sence when choosing a doctor. If they can graduate medical school but cant speak conversational English you should skip that one. Remember 3rd world people bring their behaviors and the 3rd world with them....In his country of orgin touching kids maybe as acceptable as littering .

VoiceOfReason VoiceOfReason
Aug '19

Calico...that video was hysterical! Sounded almost like our little Hackettstown oasis, LOL!

Aug '19

Right? Poor Mr. Pickles. LMAO

I loved the part about Olive Garden, Red Lobster etc.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '19

Is the damage done?

We have a recent example. What happened to Lloyd Grub’s case? His business seems to be continuing. It’s been over a year since the accusation. Since then, no more news that I can find.

In this case, one story notes the victims were familiar with each other. All the other versions drop that fact. Odd they would be familiar, odd that fact is dropped. The guy is 65, seems a little late for this to start, so time will tell IF any others come forward; perhaps that’s in the prosecutors mind as they brought the charges to light.

But the prosecutors brought the charges, this guy will suffer personal and financial harm, that will be pretty evident, so I would hope he will go after all who caused this if found innocent.

Aug '19

Stranger danger....Grub plead guilty and served time. No trial.

Timmy
Aug '19

VoiceofReason - nice spewing of ugly and bigoted garbage.............

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '19

What about the Adam's Bagel owner who was accused of groping three young male employees? Anything happen to him yet?

ianimal ianimal
Aug '19

The cops and the Prosecutor are the 1st ones to jump on the bandwagon when somebody involves kids...they have to ...otherwise people will say they were not protecting the children if it all gets out before they make statements...

Mongie Mongie
Aug '19

Spot on Calico!

Oh, and since it seems to have been missed by many, the prosecutors office included this astute (if not glaringly obvious) statement:

“Please be advised that the charges are merely accusations and that the defendant is presumed innocent until or unless proven guilty.”

justintime justintime
Aug '19

Unless there's overwhelming evidence of guilt they shouldn't be posting this crap on social media or news sites. What if it turns out to be a hoax.... Oh sorry we ruined your business.... This Warren County prosecutors office has a history of overreach according to a lawyer friend of mine.

Metsman Metsman
Aug '19

Dr.Chugh has treated my children since birth, I never observed anything like that. Furthermore, I am in the examination room the entire time. I hope this is not true and if it is I hope the victims can find healing.

Hannah Hannah
Aug '19

"3rd world people" --Really??

Did you actually just condemn him based on his skin color and ethnicity? Because this man learned a whole other language other than his native tongue, boldly moved halfway around the world, and earned a doctor's degree, and established a reliable, well-respected pediatric practice.

The only thing "3rd world" around here is your racist remark.

People are people. Sometimes doing good, sometimes messing up... This is how our ONE world works.

TownParent
Aug '19

But I’m sure that if you needed a kidney or a lung transplant and this Dr was a match, all of a sudden he would be speaking perfect King’s English.

Stymie Stymie
Aug '19

You all are assuming that the minors were brought to this doctor by their biological patent(s) or family member. Sometimes that is not the case. This man is primarily a Medicaid doctor, most of his patients have no family care or an hmo medicaid. He is used by many many foster parents for their foster children and I can tell you many of them do not even take the child to the doctor for regular well visits they make us, DCPP caseworkers, take them because they know we have to ensure the kids are seen on schedule and if they can’t do it, dyfs has to see to it that it is done. So right there you have a very vulnerable population that can be taken advantage of in many different ways under many different circumstances.
I only went to this man once with my own kids and after 25 seconds in the room with him I said peace out I’m going elsewhere. He tried to tell me that I needed to stop babying my son and allow him to be examined independently unless my son felt uncomfortable and voiced that ( he was 9 at the time) then he was so enthralled with my sons different color eyes that he told me he was color blind because of that!
WTF!! Not a real doctor in my opinion
And never gave his name to my foster parents as a physician they should take their foster kid too but unfortunately he is only one of a few that accepts Medicaid and has flexibility with hours

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Aug '19

Htownmama. That’s terrifying. Jerry Sandusky the north fox island crew and many others used under privileged or foster children as victims.

https://crimejunkiepodcast.com/conspiracy-north-fox-island-the-oakland-county-child-killer-part-1/

Aug '19

H-town Mama
Holy Mackerel

Aug '19

That’s just c r e e p y. And Strangerdanger knows creepy.

Aug '19

Can't find an update for the Adam's Bagel guy, but Grubb took the plea and the business still seems to be here.

In the Dr's case, if this is overzealous prosecution, the downturn in his business, given the longevity, should make damages pretty easy to compute. And no amount of CYA statements at the end of their PR press piece should be able to protect them from that. Especially if it turns out to be two friends cooking up a conspiracy. The Dr. has that goin for him.

"To win a suit for malicious prosecution, the plaintiff must prove four elements: (1) that the original case was terminated in favor of the plaintiff, (2) that the defendant played an active role in the original case, (3) that the defendant did not have probable cause or reasonable grounds to support the original case, and (4) that the defendant initiated or continued the initial case with an improper purpose."

https://law.jrank.org/pages/8403/Malicious-Prosecution-Elements-Proof.html

Aug '19

“ if the original case was a criminal prosecution, it must have been dismissed by the court, rejected by the GRAND JURY, abandoned by the prosecutor, or decided in favor of the accused at trial or on appeal.” he’s going to have to win this at trial first or have the case dropped / dismissed.

Even if he wins on appeal that doesn’t count.

Skippy Skippy
Aug '19

Murano, Rogue....potato, potahto....

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/2019/08/spot-the-difference-this-guy-didnt-and-somehow-drove-off-in-someone-elses-car.html

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '19

Hoping her tradition will carry on. Deepest sympathies..

https://www.nj.com/warren/2019/08/her-charity-baked-thousands-of-cookies-for-troops-mourning-family-hopes-to-continue-tradition.html

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '19

Hot deals on the Dollar Menu...

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/08/mcdonalds-worker-burned-by-smoldering-dollar-bill-given-at-drive-thru-cops-say.html

ianimal ianimal
Aug '19

Hey, we gots our own Mcdougall’s Spokeswoman. Now that’s smoldering hot!

Aug '19

Route 46 Hyundai reaches a settlement in fraud probe:

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/08/nj-reaches-settlements-in-automotive-sales-industry-fraud-probes.html

Aug '19

Are there any Rt 46 auto dealers that didn't dirty deal? How many "grand openings has Subaru had? A lifetime of Subaru's and I have never thought twice about going to ANY Suby dealer. Now I do. I drive to Flemington...…

Aug '19

I hear ya stranger I bought twice from Subaru in Hackettstown....I don’t like there sneaky little scam with the window etching.I complained they eventually credited me the money and I also called corporate in Cherry Hill and they sent me a $350 voucher for service,parts etc among some other things they sent me hat,towel,cookies and a few other things.They told me all their cars get etched before they get to the dealership,I drove Ford cars for 25+ years and never had the windows etched.Nissan and Mitsubishi didn’t do it either...does Flemington do it ? Wonder if Newton or Parsippany do it ?

Please explain what is going on with the "Window Etching", Dam.

Aug '19

Was offered as a security option, never got it , no pressure. Then again, I have had the same suby salesman for over 30 years. Same service mgr and shop foreman too. Same counterman for over a decade. It’s like fambly.

Aug '19

They politely add $350 to your purchase for window etching....a overpriced scam is what I call it,but that’s just my opinion.

Yeah, and they tell you that you have to pay it because it came that way already. I bought a used Hyundai from that dealer and when the salesman printed the contract it had an extra $400 on it. I guess he didn’t expect me to read it but I did and I said I’m not gonna pay that! I can’t even remember what it was for but it wasn’t discussed (probably rust proofing or similar nonsense). Anyway, he says to me, oh geez well I have to print a new contract then. Big deal. I said so print a new one. So we get through that and then he says to me, okay we have to get all the paperwork together for you to sign , it will be a few minutes. I’m waiting and waiting and I’m the only person in the dealership and they let me stand there for close to an hour. I go searching in the back and see him and the manager just shooting the breeze in a back office. I didn’t realize until later that this was likely payback for telling him I wasn’t going to pay an extra $400. Gave me some bs line how he doesn’t usually do this part because the finance manager was on vacation and that’s why it took so long. If I had realized sooner what they did to me, I would have walked out and said the deal’s off. Live and learn. And they wonder why everyone thinks they’re scum. It’s because most of them are.

Wow..just..wow

A Sussex County man with alleged white supremacy leanings has been indicted on 39 criminal counts – including the possession of an arsenal of weapons and sending his ex-girlfriend’s Jewish employer a photo of the woman wearing a Nazi SS hat, prose...
http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/2019/09/nj-man-accused-of-forcing-woman-to-pose-at-gunpoint-for-instagram-in-nazi-ss-hat-indicted-on-39-charges.html

Bug3
Sep '19

What a loser.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

How do you have “white supremacist leanings,” oh brilliant wordsmithy journalist? How about “alleged white supremacist,” wouldn’t that be better? Don’t let the swastika fool ya; might be Kinda Kool Ketch and not Some Secret message that moron’s can’t understand. At least I’m leanin that way.

Sep '19

For Kimarie Santiago, it all matters -- from each jar she packs, to every box she ships, to all the meals she places on the kitchen table for her family of four to indulge in. If it didn’t, the Hackettstown business owner said, none of her hard wo...
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/phillipsburg/2019/09/no-grain-of-salt-nj-business-owner-strives-for-healthier-eating-for-busy-families.html

Bug3
Sep '19

Burglar naps in car he broke into. Genius!

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/09/burglar-found-napping-in-car-he-broke-into-hackettstown-cops-say.html

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '19

Man injured in deck collapse.

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/phillipsburg/2019/09/man-hurt-in-hackettstown-deck-collapse-cops-say.html

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

18-year old kid from Independence seriously injured after being attacked by a cow at the Hackettstown Livestock Auction...

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/10/man-attacked-by-cow-at-livestock-auction-seriously-hurt-police-say.html

ianimal ianimal
Oct '19

Smart cow!

Yeah, animals can be unpredictable. Hope the guy will be ok.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '19

Suze, what a lousy comment! I

outsider outsider
Oct '19

Awww, cry me a river, outsider. That cow was smart - animals can sense when they are going to slaughter. It was most likely frightened. Too bad if you’re offended. Find a safe space.

I hope he will be ok. But cows (unless they're bulls) do not 'attack'. The cow was afraid tried to bolt and knocked him over. Cows are big. He should have had more help.

hktownie hktownie
Oct '19

That cow was charged with Bullying.... (just teasin)

On a serious note - hoping this young man is OK.

CommonSense CommonSense
Oct '19

Cows name is Caeser, he’s leading the first revolt, the conquest of the planet begins.

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '19

LOL Roywhite!

Hope this young man heals fast and suffers no long-term physical damage.

Some of these critters get pretty large. I had to snap this cutie and her friend.

Harsh, Suze and Roywhite ---the man is hurt..

Oct '19

Uncouth comments. Hope he gets well soon.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Oct '19

I was there when it happened. Saw the whole thing. Kid is lucky to be alive.

HOLY COW! (really? it took this long?)

"But cows (unless they're bulls) do not 'attack'."

So, bovines have "gender identity issues" as well? At least they don't have the resultant bathroom issues... everyone still craps wherever they feel like. (-;

wishing a full and speedy recovery to the kid. poor guy was probably getting paid $10 an hour with no health insurance. hopefully he's got some through his parents.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '19

This killer was bartending at Bea's for three weeks up until he murdered his parents:

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/11/a-beloved-couple-their-sons-demons-and-a-violent-end-the-story-of-the-warner-family.html

Nov '19

Really sad when it sounds like they did everything they could for their son and then for him to turn around and brutally kill them is just unthinkable... Some people are just pure evil.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

I wish NJ had a express lane for capital punishment. He's a perfect candidate in my opinion.

Sounds like they did too much....maybe a little tough love early on would have helped

Bug3
Nov '19

This forum is on the HPD Facebook page for harassment charges.

Timmy
Nov '19

Yea I saw that. That's what they get for harassing a widow.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

Timmy, This forum is on the HPD Facebook site because someone posted on it regarding the victim and that person is being charged with harassment. However this forum site Hackettstownlife is not under harassment charges.

workingmom
Nov '19

I know that working mom...I can read

Timmy
Nov '19

Timmy. I didn’t say you couldn’t read. I was just clarifying your statement so that others didn’t think it was the site doing the harassing.

workingmom
Nov '19

"I know that working mom...I can read"

You might be able to read but you can't type. This:

"This forum is on the HPD Facebook page for harassment charges"

reads like the HPD are warning people they'd get harassed if they came here.

+1 Whip

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '19

From the NJ Herald:

https://www.njherald.com/news/20191113/hackettstown-women-charged-with-harassing-widow-online

Guess the website gave up their names to the P.D....

dodgebaal dodgebaal
Nov '19

Shocking that adults waste life doing something like that. Also surprised that it is a police matter, as opposed to civil.
I guess it's akin to making harrasing phone calls.

maja2 maja2
Nov '19

Maja,

I’ll just say, it was a lot more than what it appears to have been which is why it was criminal not civil. The comments here were just one layer.

Njchia Njchia
Nov '19

Yea if saying a few negative comments on Hackettstown Life are criminal then a lot of people on here would get charged. It would have to be ongoing and very personal for a person to be charged. There's obviously other things we don't know of that went on other than the rant in the Venting thread that one of the women instigated. There is precedent to charge people. How many times do you hear about online bullying that gets out of control and leads to a suicide... Those two women need to mind their own business in the future. I doubt either of them were ever traumatized like this family was. You have children that have to grow up without a father and his loss of income is going to be a huge strain on their mother.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '19

The whole situation is unfortunate and very unnecessary. It clearly demonstrates that in the online world hiding behind a keyboard is not as anonymous as it may appear. Particularly when one is harassing or spreading libelous statements as is alleged in this instance.

dodgebaal - I wouldn't necessarily think the website gave up their names. I read some of the back and forth and it sounded like they knew one another.

The website wouldn't have their names, but it has your IP Address and email (Which may have your name in it).
Both of which are pretty easy to get a court order to get the user behind it - the IP address would tie to the subscriber and their home address and is the most likely path taken here.

There's been other cases where the site owner or moderator has given this information up, including one of a man with suicidal thoughts who had state police show up at his door and take him for mandatory psych eval.

Expect the same from most sites. Even loading a webpage usually logs an IP address, without even posting or creating an account. While an IP address alone is not enough to prove you personally viewed a page, it's usually enough for a warrant.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Nov '19

HL did not give any names I can assure you

JB400 JB400
Nov '19

I tried to post something here once that was sensitive but I felt important, so I used a different user name for that post. The moderator posted right after me outing me.

Nov '19

Reggie..next time use a VPN

Bug3
Nov '19

VPN is not as rock-solid as you think...

does anyone know this guy? the HPD is looking for him
https://local.nixle.com/alert/7666729/?sub_id=2391056

4catmom 4catmom
Nov '19

When you press on the stuffed Minnie Mouse, it’s supposed to make noise. Instead, Heather Bamford’s ex-husband heard his own voice, according to police. That’s because Bamford hid a recording device in the toy belonging to their daughter, police s...
https://www.nj.com/warren/2019/12/woman-accused-of-spying-on-ex-husband-with-recorder-hidden-in-childs-toy.html

Bug3
Dec '19

Getting really bad for pedestrians

Two pedestrians in a marked crosswalk and with the walk sign lit were struck by a turning vehicle and injured on Monday afternoon in Hackettstown, police report. Andres Bravo-Barrera, 72, and Honorina Deleon-Garcia, both of Hackettstown, were cros...
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/12/2-pedestrians-struck-by-vehicle-in-marked-crosswalk-police-say.html

Bug3
Dec '19

Coming home from work, an elderly lady got hit on the corner by ManSkirt Brewery. Everybody needs to slow down! Thankfully she was helped up but geez how many times are people going to get hurt. I don't know the facts but I know this happens too frequently on Main St.

Concernedcitizen Concernedcitizen
Feb '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.